Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #31  

Hello everyone,
I'm on day 11 and have been in large on my ketone strips for 4 days now and I gained 3lbs. I don't understand this I have been eating 20 or under carbs a day. I'm just really feeling bad that there is no way I'm going to get to my goal for Easter. Now DD on the other hand has been doing great losing about 8lbs and she's on day 10. We have been eating the same , but I let her have sprite zero and suger free jello. I don't want to stop doing Atkin because I know she needs someone to do it with ,but I need to find out how to make it work for me.
Can anyone help?

Last edited by plb@m; 04-05-2006 at 12:33 PM.
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Well, a few questions....
What is your current weight/height and what do you hope to weigh? The less you have to lose the harder it is.
Can you post a few days menus so we can see what you are eating? Might be something lurking in there.
Are you on any meds? They can wreak havoc on even the most dedicated dieter.
Are you exercising? That is a pretty tricky question, because it can add muscle and add weight but eventually it helps the scale and inches go down. My scale is turtling big time, but my inches are wisking away. I'm exercising lots and that is my explanation to myself. I feel better amd my clothes fit better so currently I'm just snarling at my scale.
Are you drinking enough water?
Atkins says eat when hungry till satisfied. Are you? I mean we are allowed some incedible food. The smaller you are the less of it you can eat and effectively lose. Atkins isn't a calorie counting diet, but calories still can play a big role in your losses. When i started i could eat a lot more than now and still show losses.
Are you doing Atkins shakes and the like? Some people can not do them and still show a loss. We are all different unfortunately. I'm scared to try them.
Atkins works and works very well but sometimes it needs a little tweaking. Watch your caffine consumption, your artificial sweetner consumtion and drink all and more of your water if you can, I bet you will see the scales move soon.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #33  

5'3 175
exercise 40mins 5 days aweek
meds -Albuterol (asthma)
My day of eating go like this...........
B-2eggs bacon or sausage
L-2cups salad with cheese and mayo
D- meat (steak ,pork chops , crab legs) and green beans or spinach 1/2 cup
S- 4oz cheese and some times pork rinds
64oz water or more a day. I only drink water.
Cals are 1500 to 1700 aday
Old 04-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

If TOM is close by maybe that is the culprit as well. I always have some water weight at that time but it goes away afterwards. Or, maybe salt? Water retention. But the only salt I see is pork rinds and bacon or sausage. You menu looks excellent. Also some people have trouble with cheese. Might be something to try to cut down on. In the book he does talk about people who are metabolically resistant. Unfortunately, that may be something you need to look at if you continue on with no loss.
Maybe someoneelse will see something that might be helpfull.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #35  

TOM isn't it ........I'm thinking maybe there is something in the the suasage I'm not seeing . I'll cut it out and watch the cheese and see what happens in the next 3 days.
Thanks for the help.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #36  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I was thinking it might be salt. I agree, your menu looks good.
Just a few thoughts....

lower salt intake
ditch the sausages
eat more lean protein (chicken and fish)
strange as it sounds, eat more eggs
keep up with the veggie intake, that looks great!
mix up your exercise a bit...are you doing the same thing 5x a week?

Hope this helps a bit...keep us posted

Falon~ nope, last time I mentioned it, he started writing a scrip....I dont want something I have to take "forever" You know that magic pill that only exists in fairytales.......that zaps the hormonal "crazyness" every month. *big sigh* I still wouldnt trade my boobs for one of those dangly things between my dh's legs

Im doing better today tho...eating is ontrack....thanks for the Jackie!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #37  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Albeuterol is a steroid. You might ask your doc about that.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #38  
It's my perogative!

Ok so I promice that that Saturday I will go to the gym and get my morning weight so that it can be accurate and I will change that dang ticker. I am sitting here enjoying a cup of jello with strawberries and homemade whipped cream and it is really hitting the spot. I wanted to use them up before I go back on strict induction Monday. I had a really good day today and really sweat big time at the gym. I have made it everyday so far this week. Well I really need a shower, so I will catch up with you guys later.

-Sandra
Old 04-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #39  
Susan hockeyfan7

Hi everyone! My flight leaves tomorrow morning and I won't be back until Tuesday. Not sure how often I will be able to log in, so if I'm not around much, I'll be back on Tuesday. Maryland blue crab -- here I come!!!

Falon - plan to watch the fireworks on July 4th on the Mall by the Washington Monument. We went to A Capitol Fourth on the Capitol lawn, but then you couldn't see the fireworks too well.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #40  
Going to ONEderland

Ketostix finally got to moderate today. I keep hoping to see some new weight loss soon. Scale is at 245.5 Not near as low as I'd like, not as high as it has been recently. My lowest so far was 241, so I'm not pleased with 245.5

One week left for me for our challenge. If I don't see some results soon that will assure me that I'm going to be able to fit well in my dress next Wednesday, I will probably fast Monday and Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday). Hopefully the diet will start working again.

Anyway I propose a "no cheat challenge" to anyone who has been struggling with little deviations. For me this "no cheats" must last through next Wednesday. 1 week no cheats. Anyone want to join in?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #41  

OOooo!! Susan! I wanted to chime in before you go,and say have a great time. Thanks for the tip about the fireworks. I'll be sure to do that. I was thinking the capitol as well, but we would have only been a little disappointed. Thanks for the heads up. Be safe, and you enjoy yourself...

Sherry- Stick in there hon. You are really an inspiration though I get the feeling you don't know it. I like the Reli-On brand strips. I haven't had any issues with them.

Sandra - You're kicking butt girl!

Jackie -

And a big goodnight hug to everyone else.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:47 AM   #42  
It's my perogative!

ok so i measured myself before I started on induction and I am more fond of the measurements than the scale and this morning out of curosity, I measured my tummy rolls and I have lost 3 inches out of each! that just after being on this for almost 3 weeks. I am just tickled pink. I even called my mom and told her and it is 5:45am. I think it has to do with stepping up my cardio. I am telling you guys who dont want to exercise, it comes off so much faster when doing so and cardio makes you burn all over fat and lifting weights keeps you from getting saggy. I just cant believe how good I am doing. Sorry if it seems that I am boasting on myself, but you have to understand. I have never done this good on a healthy way of eating. There is no way that I will cheat. It is not worth it. I wish everyone else weightloss for the day!

-Sandra
Old 04-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #43  
Baby Steps

I'm on the run today so unfortunately don't have time for personals. I logged in with time to do it and then got sidetracked. Now there's no time but I wanted to log in and wish the best of luck to everyone over the weekend and to say Hi
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #44  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Sandra~ no....its not boasting, you're proud of yourself, and so are we! How much weight have you lost since the last time your dh seen you?

Sherry~ I'll join you for a cheat free week. Im struggling (again)

Off for coffee with hubby, then some shopping this afternoon...have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #45  

Morning Girls:

Brenda - have a wonderful day! Catch up later...

Sandra - you are doing so incredible, and you have every right to boast (even though it's not really boasting). This is the place you are supposed to do it.. You are inspiring, and some of us need to hear it!

Robin - have a great time shopping, and coffee with hubby sounds nice. Sometimes, i'll get up at 4:30 or 5 just to have coffee with Andy before he leaves.

As I said, Andy and I did walk yesterday. we were pressed for time, so we only got in 2 miles. He really is determined to go everyday, so it's nice even though i'm ready to call him Major Payne! LOL

I changed my ticker. The scale was teh same this morning, and damnit(!) I need it to change... I want to see it move for inspiration and motivation!

Check in later. Got lots to do today.. Then Major Payne will be home to crack the whip. LOL
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote