Old 04-01-2006, 01:25 AM   #46  
Going to ONEderland

Well this evening the ketostix finally measured. Seems I'm up to moderate ketosis this evening. Odd how that worked this time. From nothing (beige) to a pretty dark color, nearly to the deep dark stages. I honestly feel like sometimes whether the ketostix measure or not depends on how much fat you have been consuming. I had quite a bit of "fat" at lunchtime. A hamburger with cheese and two sausages. I had a bit of homemade tomato soup (that I thought might have been skewing the results) too. That and a carbsense fudgesicle. For dinner steak, with A-1 sauce, sauteed mushrooms cooked in butter, wine and garlic, brocolli, some strawberries with cream, salad with ranch. It was a wonderful feast of a meal. Amazing to think that you can go into ketosis with such wonderful food there. Hope I can also lose some weight with such wonders to eat!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #47  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

robin unless you remove the wall and place wall board up you leave the paper on as some of the paper is there to hold it all in place.

Not much here except lots of work (work to clean and work from work) so Hi to all. I did drop finaly the 4 lbs that I had filled up with last week and now waiting to see if any more came off this week. (goal for 2 lbs a week)

Still have a drainage problem from my main shower so trying to find out why if comes out of a light fixture will be the focus this next week. I do not play with electricity well, last time I did that I set the house (well the electric circut box) on fire and cost about $1600 to fix, what a mess out of electricity for 3 days!! Did you know you can not blow out a fire while you are screaming???
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 AM   #48  
Baby Steps

Sherry: It all sounds WONDERFUL!! Glad you enjoyed your feast and glad the sticks are turning the color you want. Keep up the great work!!!

Sue: OUCH with the electrical! And having shower water come out of a light? Sounds as messed up as my house!! Umm...I imagine it's VERY hard to blow out a fire while screaming (can imagine myself trying it!!)

Well, those 3 bouncy pounds left and took another 2 with it. The scale has registered the same for the past 3 days so I'm gonna take it!! TOM is coming so I'm going to (try) to stay off the scale. 2 more pounds and I'll actually make my "Easter dress" challenge!! The first challenge I've met in I don't know HOW long!! Well, not counting it "succeeded" until it actually happens. My SIL's wedding is next weekend so that might put a kabosh on it. We'll see. At least I know the scale can still move down
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #49  
Loooosin' it!

S/C/G: 230 (18-20)/18/160 (12-14)

Ladies. I am so sorry I haven't been keeping up with you all. I feel bad that I joined in, and just kinda slacked off. I had (what I thought was) the flu, and lately I have been so tired and weak. I stepped on the scale yesterday and I have lost a whole 5 lbs. It was funny, because my pants were feeling much tighter, and I was getting kinda frustrated. Well, I have a good excuse...

I just found out this morning. I had been trying off and on for five years, and had many drs tell me it would never happen. I am in total bliss right now. So, needless to say I am not LC'ing to loose any weight right now- for at least another 8 months. I know I wasn't around much, but I enjoyed my time here. I will be checking back to chat, when I can. Good luck with your goals and weightloss.

Oh, and everyone I have told has asked, and no it is NOT an April fools joke. Although I still don't believe it myself!

Last edited by dahliameow; 04-01-2006 at 06:24 PM.
dahliameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #50  

Congrats! What wonderful news.. and blessings to you, your family and new little bean on the way!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #51  

Congrats Dahlia....that is very exciting news.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #52  
Going to ONEderland

Wow congratulations! Make sure you still eat healthy. Nothing wrong with keeping to a moderate low carb during your pregnancy. Do you have that thing that women get that prevents pregnancy? I forget what it is called, PCOS or something? The one that eating low carb helps? If so it might be good to stay close to low carb during the pregnancy. Your body may actually need it.

Either way healthy meats and vegetables low carb style can only be GOOD for the Baby.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #53  
Going to ONEderland

Oh and Brenda? Congratulations to you too! Sounds like whatever you are doing is working! Those slow times can drive you nuts, but the whooshes make up for it don't they?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #54  
Susan hockeyfan7

Congratulations Dahlia!

We went to see Ice Age 2 last night and it was soooooo funny. I thought it was better than the first one. I spent the whole movie laughing.

I think it's nap time -- I hear my pillow calling me -- and it's dark and gloomy outside.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #55  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Dahlia!! Wonderful news!! Congratulations!! Dr's told me I wouldnt ever have kids either. I have a beautiful daughter...she loves being told that she was a wonderful surprise. She used to ask if she was planned, and I explained things to her, and she loves being told that she was a wonderful special surprise. Im so happy for you!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote