Old 03-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default New Incentive

I just made reservations for our summer vacation. I'm very excited about the vacation, but sure would like to be at least 40 lbs lighter by then . We are going TENT camping. YEP...in a tent AND it will be the middle of JULY! We will have fun, but I'm not a huge fan of being hot so I'm sure I'll be headed to the pool most of the time and I would love it if I was at least a LITTLE bit comfortable in a bathing suit. I'm EXCITED!!!! No more donuts for me !!!!

I have 16 weeks...if 40 lbs isn't doable I KNOW 30 lbs is. So here I go!!
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

That sounds great. Camping out is so much fun. You'll reach your target. The support here is fantastic. The whole swim suit thing is my goal too. I really want to spend the summer at the pool or the lake the kids and feel comfortable. In a one piece. Nothing like a swim suit to challenge a girl to stick with a plan. I would also like to wear shorts. I always end up with a crotch wegdey. There is nothing more unattractive then watching a pair of shorts work their way up while your walking around, and then your always yanking them out!!! Sorry I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I've joined the "Easter Dress Challenge". 5lbs to start.

Good Luck with your loss.
Gina
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #3  

Gina - I know what you mean abou the shorts. Can't stand that.
I just tried 2 of my swimsuits on.....EEKS. But I'm working on it.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #4  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I'm so excited for you!!! This is the perfect time to grab a cute suit, I am seeing them everywhere now! WOOHOO! 40 lbs is very do-able, I KNOW you can do it!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #5  

Thanks for all the will power dust. I'm sure I'll need it, but I just got back from the store and am cooking up some protien now. I've just got to keep legal stuff around to snack on. I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #6  

I'm going to wait till the "Easter Dress Challenge" is over to try suits on!! I'm going to be more daring and try a colour other than BLACK!!! Did you like either of the suits? Where do you shop for them?
I had half a advantage bar as a snack while I picked the kids up from school. It said induction phase friendly. I was wondering would a whole one as a snack be too much?

Gina
Old 03-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #7  

Well I have a one piece black one that I have had FOREVER and another one that I bought last year that is two piece. The bottoms are like shorts and they are navy. The top is tank style and red & white with navy trim. I'm pretty sure I don't like either of them now but I can see myself liking the two piece better just because my thighs are always my BIGGEST problem. I think I bought the two piece at Dillards last summer. The other one came from Target about 8 years ago. I saw Target had cute ones the other day. They were call miracle suits. I think they were $50, but I'd spend it if I actually liked it.

I try to stay away from bars as much as possible, but I would think half is better than the whole thing. I do eat them every once in a while and usually cut them in half just because I can.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #8  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Good luck to you and I know that you can do it.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #9  

The good thing about the two piece, is that my top is smaller than my bottom. At Target you can mix and match. I will spend on this as an item as it's so hard to fine the right one.
The afternoon is the hardest for me not to eat continuously. I thought that the bars might be filling. Also they have a high fiber content which I need!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #10  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I second target!! I found the cutest swimsuit there, my first swimsuit in 13 years It's a tankini and totally covers my belly, has an adorable skirt that goes over it and I just can't wait to go swimming now!!

DID I JUST SAY THAT???
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jackie: Dang! I want to go camping! And I'm not brave enough to try my suit on yet. But I imagine I should..that way if it doesn't fit then I have time to get a new one. We're staying at a hotel before my SIL's wedding and they have a pool---I know the kids'll want to go swimming. Add to that oldest DD and her GS-mate want to go to a hotel that has a waterpark in it...that means swimsuit. *sigh* inevitable.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #12  

That's exactly my goal by July as well! We are heading to Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and my husbands family reunion the middle of that month. This is sooo doable! I figured an average of 2 pounds a week, and we're there! Now if I could stop hitting a stall. The Smithsonian is my reward! What part of your trip is your reward, and use that as a focus.. unless the whole trip is considered such.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #13  

Brenda - Go get a suit or at least try one on...its great incentive.

Lacey - Your suit sounds cute. I told my DD that we were going to Target to look at suits before we went to the mall. For once, she was actually ok with that.

Falon - I love your idea...I'm gonna have to come up with something good as a reward. I think that sounds great. And yep I was thinking 2 lbs a week. We CAN do this, We CAN do this!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

This summer we go camping at the lake we just bought a antoehr kayak and that makes 3 for us. so I can see all of us out there with the kayaks in suits. just counted 16 weeks till we are gone! ONLY 16 WEEKS!!!! I am now excited. Jackie I do tent camping we have a 10 x 20 tent and a few others hanging around. we have a great set up come on over!!!

Had my BF checked and if I stay at the training level I am at now I should be at his goal of 172 with 22% body fat!! I can do it!! thanks girls for the wonderful motivational thoughts. I can be a 12 at that time or possible smaller. I am foucsing on 12 as I already have a cute 2 piece (yes it is black) but it shows midrift!! which has not seen the light of day for about 23 years!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #15  

Wow - I'm so excited that we all have about the same goals. I know we can do it. I'm especially excited about Spring coming and not only can I go to Curves I can walk outside. And my 5 yo DS won't let me stay inside. HE loves being outside. So that will help.