Old 09-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 4"

Talking So, tell me about your clothes!

How long you were on Atkins before you started noticing that they were getting looser? I have only been on the plan for a week, and it SEEMS that one of my pairs of pants is a little roomier. Wishful thinking or successful atkinsing?
kittyglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

hey kitty!
hate to say it but it took me a while. I think I lost 20 lbs before I noticed a difference. I don't know why. NOw I'm down about 40 lbs andwent from a xxl top to a l or xl and in pants I was a 16 and am now a 10 (tight in the waist).
I think adding exercize helped me start losing inches.

maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kitty, I was a size 20 (tight) to start with and even after the first 5 lbs. I felt like mine were a little looser. The first new things I bought were 2 pr. of capris at Lane Bryant size 14 after I had lost the first 30 lbs. When I was down to 180 I wore a (tight) size 12. At 165, I wore an 8. I went down much faster in pant size than shirt size, probably from all the hours spent on the treadmill. I started in a 2X and wear mostly larges and a couple medium shirts now. My upper body has always been a lot broader than the lower half. I have those famous "football shoulders". One of the strangest things that I noticed was that I wore a DD bra right up til the last 20 lbs. Now, I wear a very padded C cup to look like I have a chest at all. They were the last thing to go.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, Maggie! Great progress--40 pounds is wonderful! I hope it doesn't take me 20 pounds to notice, but if it does, it does!

Lilybelle--congratulations on your success as well! Wow--you have REALLY made some changes! That is strange about the "girls"--I have always heard (about any diet) that they are one of the first to go!

I am thinking about starting to excercise, too. I thought that I would feel tired from Atkins--that's what I heard from some "discouragers"--but I actually feel like I have more energy!
kittyglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #5  
lilybelle

Kitty, WTG on the 14 lb. loss. Good job.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #6  
beachbum

I stated the Atkins diet 1 1/2 months ago and just recently I got into a outfit that didn't fir a month a go.

Hope that helps

BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #7  

I started Atkins July 9th and have been cheat free since - I just noticed the other day when I pull my jeans up they are up under my bra now instead of my waist.....I can't wait for them to fall off! lol
lady hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:24 PM   #8  
on my way down again

HI Kitty, I posted this to you on my 14 day Induction thread, but today is day 28 for me, and I wore my blue jeans all day here at home. Normally I wear sweats or mens draw string pajama bottoms while hanging out at home. Also, I didn't have to lie down on the bed to zip them up. That is a first. I'm not weighing since I do that too much, and I know I've lost inches. Keep up the good work!
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #9  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I am only on day 3 of induction and i am already dropping inches and can see the difference in my stomach and my jeans i can breath in. I bought a pair of 16 jeans last week and now they are way too loose and make my butt look saggy, so i am back in my 14s, they are a little snug, but look way better.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #10  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I don't know what day I am on. I have started and stopped so many times. I think I got back into the groove of Atkins Sept. 1st though. At any rate, my family and friends started noticing weight loss a little over a week ago. I was wearing tight size 16 in the waist and they are now really loose. Not falling off but loose. I hope to be trying on a 14 after next week. I exercise almost daily doing walk away the pound videos even if I am not eating exactly right and I think it helps the size thing though.

I can not believe someone who tried atkins told you that your energy would be down. I love this woe because when I am eating right I have tons of energy to spend on my two boys.

I think my twins are getting bigger, or maybe my waist is getting smaller. Either way, I still have more than enough chest.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #11  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, since I'm having some difficulty with my ankle due to the injury and not exercising a lot, I felt bloated and bigger than usual. Yesterday I put on a pr. of my smallest jeans (size 5 junior miss) that usually fit snugger than the 4 in womens that I wear and they were very loose. I had thought my butt and legs seemed bigger without all the treadmill workouts, but they are not. Yeah. My wt. is steady, but I just felt bigger. I sure need to do some shopping for winter shirts, the ones from last winter are all too big.