Old 12-26-2005, 08:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat, December 26th - January 1st

Good Morning

Okay who's got the sugar blues LOL !!!

Hope your all doing okay today and back on plan and bravo to all who stuck to their guns.

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #2  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

No sugar blues for me I stayed totally OP and didn't cheat a single time...the scales showed a 3 pound loss as my reward

(sorry to seem like I'm bragging but that was THE HARDEST day I've ever had food-wise)

Ready to start the V-Day challenge!!

How's everyone doing??

gotta go to work but hope to get some miles in this afternoon

breakfast: eggs
lunch: salad
supper: shake
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:02 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Lacey~ Good for you!! WTG on the 3 lbs

Leenie~ Im suffering, but not so much from sugar, but from the bread, potatoes, gravy, well you get the picture

OMG did I suffer all night!!! Wayyyyy too much holiday cheer (food) and still when dh and I sat down and really looked at what I ate, it wasnt all that much. BUT when I imput my day into fitday OMG OMG OMG I had 245 carbs and 3155 calories for the day never mind the 755 calorie breakfast(which I kept lc) So Im bloated and headachey today. I need a box to keep this feeling in, so when Im craving, I can open up the box, put this feeling on and REMEMBER what it feels like!!

Back to it today! I have some clothes I need to fit into!!

What did Santa bring for everyone?

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Just bringing over my post from the old thread, rather than retype it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonna_be_150
Kel - hope you had a very enjoyable Christmas with your kids & your gentleman friend.

Sue - hope your shoulder is better & sorry to hear about your DD's accident. Thank God everyone is OK! God be with you as you comfort that man. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Hi Sonny & Happy Holidays to you!!

Lacey - I've noticed my weight doesn't budge when I don't eat regularily. I know you know this already, so don't be fretting about the gain. The holidays are a wild, crazy time & I'm positive once your days aren't as hectic, that gain will be gone! Your cousin is still in my prayers!

Em - you are definitely NOT ugly at all! I think you look quite beautiful in that picture! I would just try to stay as LC as possible between now & the New Year. I can't remember if it's in DANDR or Atkins Essentials that says NOT to start induction at certain times in your life or during holidays.

OK Robin...now you've got my mouth a'waterin . Steak & mushroom pie...lemon meringue..... YUMMMMM. Had to LOL about the bread machine. I used to make a loaf every morning (we went through bread that fast...or rather I did ). I've used it once since coming back to LC. Congrats on your loss - what a nice gift (along with the skirt!!) .

Well, no Christmas Day surprise whoosh for me. Not surprised tho as TOM is here. A friend of mine must have a really contorted view of me. He knows I have no family & got me a couple gifts so I would have something to open with the kids. Got me a Canadian Girls Kick *** sweater that I love. However, it's an XXL. I like my clothes baggy, especially sweaters, so not a big (no pun intended ) deal. Then he got me a winter coat (why when I have 5 of them??) size 12. Ya...maybe when I was 12 . So...do I look really fat or really thin? Who knows? Not him apparently . Going out tomorrow to buy him a pair of glasses .

Well, have a great evening ladies. I've just about got all my Christmas stuff put away (started as soon as the kids went to their dads), so now I have room to exercise again.

gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #5  

Now for the new stuff LOL.

Good morning Leenie. No sugar blues for me either. I did hit 25g about 3 days in a row, 1 day was too much extra coffee, but 2 days was due to extra cream cheese & sunflower seeds (had muchies due to TOM). No cheating with chocolate or bread or anything like that.

Lacey congrats on being down 3 lbs.

Robin. Ummm, ...pretty much says it all . All kidding aside, I don't totally trust FitDay's numbers. Some of them seem to be way off.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Stacie~ I agree, and I over averaged everything a bit....just to be on the safe side. Alot of times, what a package says, and what fitday says are off by 4-6 carbs. So I dont get too bent out of shape when Im over 20 carbs, by a few. WTG on your 2lb loss!!!

So far so good....Im not having any ghost hunger, and no sugar cravings...so I think Im good *whew*

Ive got a pot of eggs boiling, for egg salad, and tastey roast beef for supper (minus the bread)

I'll check back later...
Old 12-27-2005, 03:38 AM   #7  

Thanks Robin. TOM just had to show up when it did tho...ugh!! Glad you are not experiencing any sugar cravings. I've got the munchies today, not necessarily for sweet, just something (TOM related I'm sure). You know, I was looking at your stats again and have to tell you once more how awesome you're doing. You're down 27lbs in basically 6 weeks...that's an average of 4.5lbs per week. Very cool!! Was watching the TV guide channel earlier and there are always advertisements running as the guide scrolls through. Anyhew...this woman is yipping about how I should get a Gazelle (or something like it ...wasn't paying too much attention to her at this point) because she lost 45lbs in 1 year by using it . THAT caught my attention. You're down 27 in 6 weeks, I'm down 19 in 5 and it took her a year to lose 45? At the rate you're losing, you would have lost 234lbs in the time it took her to drop 45! Maybe SHE should have done LC instead . I wanted to contact the seller and thank them for convincing me not to waste my money on their product
Old 12-27-2005, 07:35 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Stacie~ LOL, Thanks It would be wonderful if I could keep up the momentum. I wonder sometimes when I watch those commercials if they really think they are convincing anyone. They didnt get you did they Good for you. Im at about 2lbs a week, but thats with very little exercise. About 3 walks a week. Maybe if I did more, it would come off faster

Im up with the birds this morning, dd is up and playing with the very irritating pixel chixs .....that thing doesnt have a volume!! So Im bundled up with my laptop and green tea, wood stove lit, and trying to figure out how to use the pixel chix

Im not sure what we have planned for today, but it will start with starbucks have a good one!!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:36 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I need to stay away from the nurses station and I should be OK. But cravings are bad. It would help If I started,: I can not seem to stay.... away but good news is I am starting to get sick from all that stuff!!!

shoulder is much better still very tender and I am babying it, DD2 (Crash) Is doing OK. A bit touched from all the teasing. It was a source of talk the whole Christmas day.

Parents are comming to visit on Friday, but it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate, so I guess I will make then cancel.

Not much else is here happening but can not wait untll these 2x are too big!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:59 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wow, you guys did wonderful, congratulations !!!

Robyn, I hear ya on the suffering how are you feeling today?

If your looking for your Valentines thread I made it a sticky. Good luck everyone.

Hugs!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Much better today thanks Leenie. The headache is gone, and the fuzzy brain is gone too no, really
Old 12-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #12  

Morning ladies!

'Nother rainy day here today! I predict flooding in our future here if this keeps up. Everyone is leery of of that here in the Sacramento area since we are New Orleans 'sister city' with all our levies (which haven't been maintained well) and 2 rivers. Luckily I live on high ground but we become an island and there is no coming or going (happened in '86, 93, 98, I think)

I'm so proud of you guys! You did great on the big day with losses to report even! Whoo wooo! I woke up with a cold on Christmas morning (thank you, Cody) and TOM is expected today so hopefully the lack of appetite due to illness and the muchies due to TOM will counteract each other - ya think that will work? lol I did endulge in some of the christmas cookies but I've lost my taste for them now and am just waiting for the boys to polish off the leftovers.

I took Melis to the train back to SF last evening. You know, I talk to her on the phone 6 out of 7 days every week and don't miss her too terribly but it seems after she had been home for a weekend, the next couple days are really bad for me. I get such comfort when I know all three of my babies are cuddled in their own beds under one roof at night. Silly, I know - they are all growing up and it is perfectly nature and healthy for them to venture out on their own - and I WANT that for them. It's just a mom thing, I guess. And TOM! I get so emotional - lol

My 'gentleman friend' is good. Thank you for commenting, Stacie! lol He gave me some nice jewelry from China and, um, something else but I'm not crazy about it. It is a Louis Vatan (knockoff) purse. Supposed to be all the rage in high fashion but it just looks like a big *** old lady's purse to me. It's the thought that counts, tho, and it was very sweet of him. I just can't see my self dragging it around. I don't know what to do/say about it. He has the day off today (so do I) and he is taking me to old town Sacramento to walk around (in the rain) and visit the shops/museums and then to lunch. What if I'm not using the purse?

Ok - well, I better jet. Have a wonderful day all! Keep up the good work! And I'm going to have some kind of chicken salad for lunch today. Actually, I usually have a chicken salad since I like 'em so much! Quite a few LC things I've stuck with even if I'm not being strict - It really is a way of eating for life!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #13  

Well hello this is my first weekly post (the first of many i hope) This holiday season i wasn't really paying attention to the low carbs I've decided to start whole heartedly on the 1st. I've started by ditching the soda which was a little difficult and now its just the only way. I had a drink of husband to be (whos name is David) soda last night at dinner and it made me really thristy and all i could taste was sugar. Yuck! So its been pretty much just water for me. I spent a good portion of this morning @ Barnes & Noble. Reading about Low Carbs, and making realtionships work. I may go back tomarow. So it's no carbs for me starting the first. There are a few things i HAVE to HAVE before this starts one is my beloved Egg rolls I am a lover of Chinese Food. High in carbs i'm sure. Broccoli Beef is my weakness and I'm going to indulge before the first of the year. Other then all of that my life has been pretty decent. David is being driven crazy with my board games and books. He said if i'm not begging him to play a board game with me, im in the spa with a book. So...it might be my sign to let up. Well anyways i'm off...i hope you all have happy healthy and succesfull weeks! Good luck and keep up the good work!!!
Bride2B06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

<---OMG she is brutal tonight!! Im hoping when I get thru the evening, tomorrow will be so much easier. I started off ok today, but Im thinking this is backlash from xmas day. So, Im here keeping motivated!!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

Bride2B~ to the weekly! What program are you following? Ive never heard of a No-Carb diet....thats any good for you anyway.