Old 12-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #1  

Exclamation Atkins Help

So i finally broke down...i'm getting married in September and i've tried it all, i'm not quite sure what my weight problem is excatly, I carry my weight well and no one would ever guess i weigh what i do, but i have an excat size in mind. I've never done atkins before my grandma lives on it and my soon to be mother in law has lost 30 pounds on it..she never needed to loose them in the first place. I'm new to all of this i was to loose over 100 pounds and i don't know if i can loose that much in 9 months? how much can i expect to loose? How do i do this. . . I'm scared and confused if anyone has adivce or can help me i'd love it!
Bride2B06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

Welcome! It's good that your asking questions rather than expecting it to be a miracle easy-fix.

I personally started at 356 on 08/15/05 and I have lost 70 lbs so far. It seems like the people with the most weight to lose, lose it fastest, but that's not always the case. Everyone's body is different and this is definitely a way of eating that you really have to pay attention to your own body and not to statistics.

Use other people's success and stats as encouragement, not a ruler. This board is so welcoming and helpful that I'm sure you will get all the support and answers that you're looking for.
Good luck!
Andrea
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi and

I think you've made a step in the right direction. Finding people who can support you in your journey is IMHO a very important part of being successful. Who else would understand your frustrations and successes.

Now, to find a plan that you can LIVE with and not a quick fix. We all know that quick fixes will make us fatter.

You have to start some where and 3FC's is the best place to be.

Good Luck and Congratulations on your Wedding to be
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

First let me welcome you Bride2B You've found a great place for support and information.

Id suggest you read the book. You will get all the info you need from there. I picked up a copy at the library, used the atkins website and here for help and support.

Also, check out the frequently ask questions at the top fo this forum, I just reread it today. Alot of great info there too.

Its nice to have you here.....stop into the weekly chat so we can get to know you better.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #5  
TemporaryFatChick

Uh huh, what they said!

I've been on Atkins for 2 months and even though it's hard some days, I like it. I'm never hungry, and after the first week my energy has been through the roof! I actually feel like doing stuff after work instead of going to lay on the couch!

Welcome!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:11 PM   #6  

Thank you all so very much. I'm just beyond flustrated with my weight, we're trying on wedding dresses tonight and after we come home i may be beyond flustrated....even more so. Most people wait till the first of the year to start i'm waiting until next monday! I'm also curious about foods, what i can and cant eat my frist few weeks..i couldn't find any help on the website so i'm still afraid i'm going to do it wrong!
Bride2B06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Couldnt find any help at "what" website? I take it you havent read the book yet? Go to atkins .com and click on phase 1....all the info you need is there.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:47 AM   #8  
on my way down again

Welcome Bride2B06. First, congratulations on your engagement! My husband and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary. Wow, how the time can fly! So I really am happy for you.

Here's a link on this website that could be what you are looking for as far as food. This is a start until you get into the book, but that is SO important, since you really need to know what you are doing to stay healthy on this diet. This book says most everything you need to know. Besides, there are some fantastic recipes in this book as well. It's hard to believe it's diet food when following along strictly, if it's really what is right for you.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/atkins/atkins-induction.php

I highly recomend the "Atkins' New Diet Revolution" book. I bought the paperback, so it is not a lot of money, and under $7.00. Check out Walmart.com and Kmart. Mine only cost me around 5 or 6 dollars there, and I feel that is worth it.

I went straight for the Induction and started the day after my doctor was pleased to give me the go-ahead for this diet plan. I started the very next day. Then I read and learned the other chapters as quickly as I could. It was interesting to me, so it only took a short while. Just my opinion, I think it's important for you to not be too anxious to get to a certain weight by a certain time, but to learn this for a lifetime, relax and enjoy it, if it's the diet for you. Of course, I feel you will reach your goal you want. It was about 5 years ago when I first lost my weight. I lost about 63 pounds in the course of several months of following the Atkins' Diet perfectly. Then things happened in my life I didn't expect, and I went off the plan. So now I am back and have to do it again, but I feel I learned so much from my previous expierences. I still fall, but know if I pick myself up, I will get on with this. I hope you find it as well. Please join us in the daily chat thread and check out the entire fourum, for there is so much here...I am still finding new things to read every day. Keep letting us know how you are doing and any questions you may have. I'm here for you with support on low carb when I can.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

I was just getting settled in to reply to this & my kids woke up. Will try to BBL.
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

First - let me congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials!

While LC forums are a great place for support & friendship (I highly recommend this one ), I totally agree with Sonny about getting yer hands on Dr. A's New Diet Revolution (2002 edition if possible). I have read it several times & learn something every time. I think it's really important to read the book to fully understand what living LC is all about & why it's so successful if done properly (not just weightwise, but healthwise also). If you can't get this book, his earlier editions or the Atkins Essentials would be a great reference as well. If you can't afford them, your local library would probably have a copy or 2.

Also...be adventurous and try new recipes! For many people sheer boredom is what kills their desire to continue with this WOE/WOL (way of eating/way of life). They either eat tuna or eggs every day, at every meal. YUCK!! Also remember, induction is not the whole plan. A lot of people (who haven't read the book) hear about induction and think you have to live your entire life eating in such a restrictive manner to keep off the weight. Not so at all!

Well, I won't bore you by continuing . If you have family already doing Atkins, you probably know this stuff already, but just incase you didn't, I wanted to add my .02.

If you have any questions or just feel like chatting, please join us in our weekly threads. I look forward to getting to know you better!
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote