Old 12-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #76  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its a beautiful morning here! I love the sunshine, especially in the winter!

Stacie~ yup, Im surrounded by water The worst place I lived in the winter was niagara falls/st.catharines! Because of the escarpment, all the moisture would hit it, and then bounce back over the city. It was horrible! Ive never lived anywhere so cold!

Tenn~ I finished my slippers!! I added some of that eyelash yarn, to my reg yarn, and they are darn right funky! Thanks for the pattern!

Mindy~ I love not feeling hungry too! Yesterday dh is ready to take me out for the afternoon, and it was 12:30, I hadnt eaten lunch yet. He grabs some chicken, and I thought, I better eat (even tho I wasnt hungry) or by 3 Im going to be stuck somewhere without any food, and I'll be famished.

Lacey~ is that the wood laminate? I love that stuff. Id like to do the kitchen in it (I had a house that had wood laminate in the kitchen and I loved it) Its alot warmer on your feet than tiles or that other roll out stuff. Our kitchen now has a hump in the floor, so Im thinking I wont be able to do it without alot of prep work

Dh has taken his granddaughter for her tae kwon doe class. She tests for her green belt today. If he had told me yesterday, I would have gotten up earlier, and gone with them. They are so cute! Then its off for coffee, and Im going to see if I can get dh out for a walk "outside" rather than at the mall. I dont mind the mall, but its getting to be cold and flu season, and I really dont want to be around all those ppl!!

Eating was good yesterday....here's to another great op day

Have a great saturay ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #77  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Robin: Way to go keeping OP yesterday! Yes, the laminate is wood, it's a darky knotty looking wood which other people might think is weird but I'm a weird kinda gal. My mom was so mad that I got laminate instead of carpet that she told me not to complain when my kids got sick this winter from having such a cold floor!!!!!! I plan on using area rugs in the winter. The laminate is 100000% cleaner than the NASTY 15 year old carpet that was in my living room and with a 3 year old and husband that works in the oilfield there's no way we could keep a carpet clean!

gonnabe150: that is INSANE of that school to do that! Kudos to you for not making your kiddo go! I'm getting **** from the school right now for taking my 11 year old out so much for her braces. I hate the public school system. Thinking about homeschooling my 3 year old since my 11 year old doesn't want to be.

Have you guys seen the brown sugar splenda?? mmmmmmmmmm. I haven't tried it but how awesome to have that option!

talk to y'all later!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Mindy - thanks for the pat. Like Em said, it's very difficult to be in that situation when you're used to being the "giver". I had a career, I made a lot of money and then I had a child with special needs and I had to give it up. To fall so far as to need financial assistance from the Gov't. & not have money to buy things for your kids - I can't even find the words to explain how shameful that feels. For me anyway, I can't speak for Em of course.

Brenda - thanks for the reminder. I've been telling myself for the past 2 months to get a new furnace filter and I get home and I've forgotten it AGAIN. I'm so glad you elaborated on "whitetail" 'cause I was thinking you may need to get yourself into a tanning bed once in a while . Have fun making your cookies. There's no way I could be around fresh baked cookies right now and not stuff them all in my mouth .

Robin - your slippers sound cool! Have fun going for your walk and keep up the good eatin!!

Lacey - I totally agree with you. Carpeting is the WORST thing to have in your house as far as dirt/bugs/allergens go - it traps everything. My 6 y/o has asthma and our Dr's have said to try and avoid carpeting as much as possible, especially in his bedroom. Unfortunately, we rent at the moment and I can't do anything about the carpeting other than to vacuum every day. Alex (my eldest) is in the Seperate School Division, but they're both the same here as far as recess in the cold goes. I may have to homeschool my youngest tho. It depends on how much he progresses over the next 2 years...he may never be able to go to a mainstream school and I'm not driving 3-4 hours/day to put him in a special needs school. I haven't seen the brown sugar splenda, but I tried one of the others (Sugar Twin??) and it's was downright nasty!

Anyway, I'm off to brave the cold to go buy an extension cord so I can plug in my truck. With the wind chill, it's a lovely -32C/-25F this morning and I don't want to kill my battery.

Have a great OP Saturday everyone! TTFN.
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #79  
Lovin' Life

Lacey~ I dont think Ive seen the dark laminate, it sounds nice. I had the blonde stuff. I dont think the laminate is cold at all....I think you'll be surprised how warm it actually is. I would love to get rid of all the carpet in this house....but that would take some fancy talkin' to talk dh into it.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #80  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Afternoon All!
I hope today has been a good day for you all thus far
Lacey ~ I cannot WAIT until we can rip out our carpet and put that 'wood' floor laminate stuff down. I drool over the possibilities. I have to steam clean our carpet once a month because its about 20 years old and you can imagine what kind of shape its in!

I didn't know you were all a bunch of knitters! I LOVE TO KNIT! Its my favorite thing to do. Its how I quit smoking. I really miss having time to do it. Oh, well --- eventually!

Stacie, Yes - you described exactly how I feel too.

The scale says I gained 6 pounds since yesterday...Is that possible?
GTG <3
EM
EarthyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #81  
Lovin' Life

6lbs since yesterday????(I hate it when this happens to me) ok, well, think back to what you had to eat yesterday, and are you drinking your water? If your not getting your water in, and you had alot of salt yesterday, that could very well be the answer. Have you moved the bowels? Lots of things can attribute to this. Also, if your working out more than usual, your muscles are going to hang on to water. Hamburger makes me gain weight over night I rarely eat it unless Im super hungry, I'll make a hearty taco salad, just for that reason. I cant think of anything else...maybe some of the other ladies will chime in.

I started knitting again, when I started back on Atkins....keeps my hands busy! Sounds like a good way to quit smoking too, good for you!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #82  
Livin' la Vida Low Carb!

Hello Ladies
iloveadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
6lbs since yesterday????(I hate it when this happens to me) ok, well, think back to what you had to eat yesterday, and are you drinking your water? If your not getting your water in, and you had alot of salt yesterday, that could very well be the answer. Have you moved the bowels? Lots of things can attribute to this. Also, if your working out more than usual, your muscles are going to hang on to water. Hamburger makes me gain weight over night I rarely eat it unless Im super hungry, I'll make a hearty taco salad, just for that reason. I cant think of anything else...maybe some of the other ladies will chime in.

I started knitting again, when I started back on Atkins....keeps my hands busy! Sounds like a good way to quit smoking too, good for you!
What she said . I also notice that my scale doesn't register the same weight, which is really bleedin' annoying, if I've moved it. I'm assuming the floor boards in this house are totally uneven & because the scale isn't perfectly flat, it's not giving me the right # all the time. And mine has been off by 8 lbs and it's a digital. I weigh myself until I get one of the #'s 3 times LOL.

Back when I quit smoking I used sunflower seeds when I was driving (I always smoked way more when driving or talking on the phone for some reason) and exercise when I was at home. I either had to go so many minutes or so far (if walking) and if I still really wanted one after exercising, I could have one. I never did.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveadam
Hello Ladies
Hello to you too

Got a question for ya gals. I quite often forget to eat because I'm simply not hungry &/or the foods I do eat, fill me up all day. However, you know how we're supposed to eat regularily, eat when hungry, stop when full. Well, for one, I cannot eat regularily, several times a day - I'm just NOT hungry. And...Well, how to word this so it makes sense? Does anyone feel sick after they eat because they have to force themselves to eat. It's not a case of feeling full due to over-eating as more often than not, I'm forcing myself to eat just because I haven't eaten all day & I don't want my body going into starvation mode. And because I'm forcing myself to eat, even small portions, I feel "blech" after. I remember the feeling content/full all day the last time I did this, but I don't remember the "blech" feeling when I did finally eat. Does anyone else experience this?

I wish ketosis would kill my carb craves as well as it kills my appetite .
Old 12-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #85  
Baby Steps

Stacie, what do you all eat that you feel blech? If you're just eating something small (snackish) then it shouldn't be bad, I wouldn't think. Been a while since I've been in the "not hungry" stage.

Blew it today. I can't seem to get motivated. I keep getting the "well, come January you can always start over and REALLY work things off then." mentality. Anyone want to come over here, kick my butt to motivate me? Should I mention the cookies didn't taste THAT good but I pigged out anyway? BLECH!! Now my lips are all dry and I'm getting down on myself for the no self control issue. *sigh* never ending cycle here. I even thought about dropping off here until I got myself back on track. But knew THAT would be the WORST thing I could do. ARGH! I need to go to bed......that'll at least keep me from eating anything more today!!! Night all! Hopefully I can report a good OP day tomorrow
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:21 AM   #86  

Alright everyone Iam tearing my hair out this morning . In thought I did pretty good yesterday, but I gained a pound. I went for a walk at the mall with a friend and danced to music for exercise. I ate 3eggs, salald with lc sausage, grilled shrimp w/ broccoli, yellow squash, and salad. Two pieces ( not whole bars) lc chococlate (0carbs) Lots of water, 2 cups of coffee with splenda and half and half ( I know that's not exactly on plan but I use it everyday so I don't think it's the culprit). The only thing I can figure is I overdid it with veggies late in the day. Any ideas?

Stacie I actually do sometime get that blech feeling especially if I'm eating heavy food( meat, cheese etc..) I haven't figured out how to beat it completely yet. I try to end my meals with something that tastes fresh like salad or even sf jello. That sometimes works. I'm sure you are already doing this but I also try to make my portions smaller so I don't feel nausea at the thought of food come the next meal. I end up with sort of a double edge sword. If I eat enough that I don't feel hungry I forget to eat ( when left to my own devices) and if I cut the portions small enough to feel hungry at the next meal then I'm not sure I'm eating enough. Either way I guess it beats that hungry all the time grazing w no satifaction I was doing about a month ago

Brenda Don't give up! Don't give up! Don't give up! Being off plan for a day ( or three ) happens to us all. Try and remind yourself of all your progress, you've been doing great

Last edited by Mindy5936; 12-04-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Mindy5936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #87  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda~ Dont give up, and dont leave here either until your back op. That doesnt help. If anything it makes things worse. Try giving yourself a guilt free weekend. Eat what you want, then Monday morning, get back to lc. Its worth a try. I still have 1/2 a bag of cheddar and sourcream ruffle chips up in the cupboard leftover from my last free weekend. Im sure they are as stale as all ****....but Im not going to throw them out. I dont know why, I just want to see how stale I can get them

Stacie~ Im like that right now, I dont want to eat, but if I wait too long I get hungry. Then I dont want to eat what Im eating. Happened last night, I only ate 1/2 my supper. Im going to take it. I only feel like this when Im eating this way. I dont plan on changing anything, especially if the scale shows a loss tomorrow.

We are headed out for coffee and the sunday paper read in a bit, so I best get my butt moving. I'll check back later.

Have a nice sunday ladies.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #88  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Just got back from a 3 mile walk and BOY is it cold out!!

Mindy: the low carb chocolate could be the culprit, just because it says it is 0 carbs doesn't necessarily mean anything since it IS candy. sometimes it's hidden in the ingredients or they say that it's sugar alcohols so they don't count it as a carb. After a while you'll soon figure out what causes you to stall, try cutting a certain thing out and see if that was the problem. How often are you weighing? It could easily just be water weight gain, almost TOM, LOTS of things factoring in. What you ate looks really good though, just STICK IN THERE and the scale will go down!!

Stacie: I'm the same way too, I don't like eating more than 3 times a day and don't even really like eating supper. Maybe we can all brainstorm for a healthy little something to eat. Maybe a piece of brocolli with some sort of cream cheese dip? I'll think on this today

Robin: hope you got the chance to get a few laps at the mall today

Talk to y'all later!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #89  

Hello everyone - So nice to 'meet' the newcomers. This is a GREAT place for support and sharing the good/bad of our lives - Part of the reason I've hung around for many years.

I usually lurk (but faithfully read every day) but Brenda has caused me to come out of the shadows: Please, please don't leave! I can't tell ya what this place, reading about everyone else's ups and downs, has done for me. I might not be in the mindset to emerse myself in LC at this time but I shudder to think what I would be stuffing in my mouth with no regard if I didn't come here daily and read. Somehow it keeps me in check so I don't stray too far, don't fall completely off the wagon (currently I'm hanging on to a wheel, just bumping along in the rocks & weeds). This place keeps me grounded. It's like I am comforted to know this safe haven is here for me when I'm ready. It keeps me sane so I don't completely fall into Carb Madness. So hang in there, stay here and things will work out, I sure of it, when the time is right.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #90  
on my way down again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
I'm thinking with all the new people and our chatter we should start breaking the weekdays up again. Make the thread's smaller What you all think?
Oh yes, Please! I'd go for the smaller threads; I liked that. I've so wanted to come and post personals, but don't ever get to finish and start feeling guilty when I've left LC friends out.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote