Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 PM   #61  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

Robin, AWESOME, I'm so glad she's getting to spend the holidays with you! It DOES suck big time to not have your kids during Christmas. Heads up for the weigh in, I bet you did fine, you're always so hard on yourself! Does your dh work on rigs? Your stories sound very similar to mine

Liv: WOOOHOOO!!! I'm so happy for you, you must feel fantastic!!! WAY TO GO!

DH and I made a quick trip to the city today, he was SO SWEET to me all day! I found a carb count thing at starbucks and decided NOT to drink the light frappucino that I wanted so bad, it's just NOT worth it!!! He got me an ipod nano and I've been downloading songs like crazy I also walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill this evening and it was just terrible. The treadmill is set up in our shop so I just sat there and looked at tools the whole time...so un-exciting but at least it was warm.

I'd love to know the average time to walk on a treadmill per mile in real life...does anyone know? Anyway, I missed chatting with you guys, glad everyone is doing A-OK

Lace
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #62  

Good Morning!

Robin, I so happy for you, the holidays are all about family ( not food). I'm so glad you will able to be with your dd.

Andrea way to go on those 65 pounds, very inspiring.

Lacey, I don't know if there is a standard time for a mile on a treadmill. I can usually do a mile in about 15 minutes (4 mph).If you sometimes want to walk outside and have about the same workout, you may want to put your treadmill on a slight incline ( 2% is right for mine). I find if I don't do this than I can walk 2-3 miles on the treadmill, but 1 mile at a local track will kick my you know what

I found my recipe for mint chocolate candy and it matches Trazzie's exactly so I won't repost it. I might make it closer to the holidays when I can take to a party so I can't eat the whole thing myself.

Everyone have a great OP day!

Last edited by Mindy5936; 12-02-2005 at 06:45 AM.
Mindy5936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM   #63  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Ive been up since the crack of stupid I upped my water yesterday, and I was up at 530 to "p" and I couldnt get back to sleep. So I stood infront of the woodstove for an hour to thaw out.

Lacey~ dh and I are sign makers, so he is regularly out at sites either putting things together, or doing estimates, and consults. I dont like to go with him on that stuff, because usually I dont agree with what the client wants Almost always I think it looks crammed and unprofessional. So when dh gets home with the specs, I'll change it up, and give the client mine and their version I love going to see vehicles tho...I wish we had more clients who wanted vehicles done.

Trazzie~

Brenda~ I hope your day got better

This time of year always brings out old friends, that I havent heard from in ages. I received an email from a gf who I have been friends with for 35 yrs!!! We live 1600km(800ish miles) apart from each other, so its been well over a year since I seen her last. Hopefully this April or May I'll go up and we can spend some time together. Thats the plan anyway....hopefully I'll be able to make it happen.

Not alot planned so far for today, a few small signs to get finished up, get a bit more organizing done, and maybe, just maybe I'll drag the tree down. I dont usually put it up this early....but Im feeling a bit more festive than I was yesterday at this time

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Morning Robin - Must be something in the air as I've also been up since the crack of stupid (3:30 ). Heck, you get to sleep in till 5:30 before you have to pee...I'm up every 1 - 1 1/2 hours LOL . So nice to hear from old friends. I hope you are able to take that trip.

Trazzie - hope you have a better day today & got my fingers crossed for ya

It's a blah day today. The weather sucks for one. It's -28C (-18F) with the windchill here right now. Even if my truck will start, I'm thinking my 6 y/o is staying home from school today. I'm sure he won't mind . It snowed - again, so I'm going to have to shovel - again and in the freezing cold to boot. And for 2, my 2nd week on induction, so far, isn't proving to be as motivating as my 1st. Lost 8 the 1st & only 2 so far this week. I know overall, 10lbs in less than 2 weeks is pretty darn good and that the weight didn't pop on overnight (although it sure feels like it did) and won't pop back off overnight, but you know - always want more, better, faster, etc. Between being sick all week and TOM, I didn't get in all my exercise. But TOM is almost gone...I'm just about over that bug and I've got till Sunday to exercise my butt off to try & make up the difference .

Hope everyone has a great OP day! And, oh ya - it's FRIIIIII-DAY .
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 AM   #65  
Lovin' Life

Holy Crap its Cold up there Stacie!!! I forget just how cold it gets!! Although I keep telling dh its alot colder here (buffalo) than it gets back home. Its unbelievably damp here....the cold gets right in my bones and I cant get it out. I was stuck in Winnipeg last year in December, and it was -36, I was fine as long as my coat was done up. I came back here, and it didnt matter what I had on, I was still cold I guess its all what your used to, I used to go skiing when it was -24 (my limit) I wouldnt do that here!! Anyway Im babbling

When is your weigh in day? Im sure you're going to do great. I want it all now, faster, better too! Here's to a great couple op days
Old 12-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #66  
Baby Steps

EM: If you thought the description was bad....you should have SEEN it (and smelled it). Cured my appetite for the morning!!

Robin: That is AWESOME news!! Glad DD decided to spend time w/you. Don't know what I'd do w/out my own DD's. They drive me crazy but I miss them when we're not together. I'm thinking the reason I've not been drinking water is the "P" issue.

Stacie: Thanks for the water reminder. I haven't been drinking ANY. Not sure what the problem is on that one. Your weather is nastier than ours. We have -7 (with windchill factored in) right now. We've gotten worse. I always wonder, when it gets THAT cold why they risk the kids by having school. And I can relate to wanting the weight to drop off faster than it is--I'm in the same boat!

Trazzie: Nice to see you again Glad to hear TOM didn't show up. Didn't here either....except the cramps! I could do w/out THOSE that's for sure!! I'm sure the rest will follow in a day or so.

Lace: Congrats on the LC drink option and sounds like DH IS being sweet!! Lucky you!!!

Mindy:

My day got better yesterday. I even managed to go to bed early!! DH has off today (was going to go muzzleloader hunting but it's too cold this morning) so we're going to get some shopping done. The Christmas shopping is done except for him and myself. He keeps picking out these EXPENSIVE bracelets (I told him I wanted one from wal-mart for $50) instead of the one I wanted. The nut! He thinks that more expensive means better. Not to me!! I'll work on getting more water in. That's a definite must. Maybe when I get home from shopping (so I'm not going to the bathroom every store ) .
I'm thinking with all the new people and our chatter we should start breaking the weekdays up again. Make the thread's smaller What you all think?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #67  
Livin' la Vida Low Carb!

Hi everyone*waves*I'm Rebecca I am kinda new to this forum. Just wanted to say how greatful I am to be apart of this place! I look forward to sharing in my success as well as rejoicing in all of your success! Love~Becca
iloveadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #68  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

lol
Almost everyone woke up early. I rolled out of bed at 11:30 am when my 4 month old decided to wake up. They didn't go to sleep til' 2am, so it wasn't like I got tons of sleep. Could always use more.

I think I'm the only one here who can't wait til' her TOM! It means I'm not pregnant again! It will only be the third in 2 years...So, I'm looking forward to it!
Brenda: lol! No, the description was enough, no need to send wiffs of it my way!
Robin: I can't wait to hear if you've lost anything! You are such an inspiration! Even if you don't lose another pound! A huge inspiration...

Stacie: I've never ever been in that cold of weather. I can't even imagine it. Would you die of hypothermia if you were left out in it for an hour?

We finished the tree last night. Honestly, we are on a needy family gift list so whatever we get is what the girls will be getting from us for X-mas. Long story short, DH was laid off 2 years ago, went back to college to get retrained, got out of school & no one was hiring for his degree. Shut the plants down & shipped a bunch of them overseas. So, after selling everything of value & begging, & borrowing from a family member we were able to keep our house from foreclosure. Plus odd jobs. But, our fertility kicked in big time! We thought Dar was a miracle baby...Then 12 weeks pp, I find out I'm 9 weeks preg! So, been a very tough last couple years. But, DH just got a good job at Intel, and our first check goes all to mortgage to keep from foreclosing again (3 months behind) soooo...Thats why I signed up on the needy moms list. Ugh, I dont know why I just blasted you all with that, but thats been my drama I don't feel sorry for us by any means, look at all the hurricane victims. But, I'm just feeling bad. So use to being the giver. not the givee. Just woke up kinda bummed...

I still excercised today, 20 minutes of Salsa dancing. Is 20 minutes ok to do for a work out if you are pretty overweight/outta shape?

Well take care gals! Good luck to you all!!!

EM
EarthyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #69  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Brenda, perhaps every 3-4 days a new thread would be agood idea...

EM
Old 12-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #70  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Hey Rebecca! :Welcome:
We're so happy you joined us! Good luck on the 18 pound weight loss. You can do it!
Oh & Tenn, I believe you asked for the recipe to the Cheeseburger Soup. The original is under Low Carb recipes, Soups. The way I modified it was, instead of all that cream, I just use water and about 3 tablespoons of cream, plus I add a few onions and bits of garlic for their properties to it. That little bit of cream thickens it up enough and makes the soup a buttery flavor. Its really yummy, and I can make it in under 10 minutes with about 5 carbs for 1 meal and a snack I think thats all I've done to modify it. But I'm one of those people, the recipe is never the same twice. So mess around with it!

Last edited by EarthyMama; 12-02-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #71  
Lovin' Life

I prefer the weekly...so when Im looking for something, I can just stay in the same thread. But no matter...I'll go where ever everybody is

Thanks EM I cant imagine having babies so close I was blessed with the one I have....she was a very special surprise and yes I think 20min is great!!

Rebecca....glad you found the weekly

Tenn.......Im makin' slippers!!! I have 1/2 of one done already!!

Not alot happening around here. Dh got home early, messed up all my plans Got my walk in tho, before he came home...then we went off to the mall for another walk. Headed out to AC Moore for yarn for my new slippers!! They are going to be very pretty!!

Eating is good, not enough, but I noticed when I eat alot of protein, Im not hungry at all. Especially if Im eating very lowcarb veggies. We didnt eat tonight until 630, neither of us were much interested in supper ....when was the last time that happened??

Im off to finish my first slipper
Old 12-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #72  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

Just runnin' in to say howdy! Went shopping again today, got ordered some new laminate for the living room and boy is it beautiful!! Then I took a walk for a few miles and now I'm on my way out the door to go tan! I do love being a busy body

Hope everyone had a fantastic day and that you all have fun weekend plans ahead!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:01 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

LOL Robin, it's ONLY -19 (-2F) at the moment, feels like bleedin' summer out there . I now what you mean about the dampness making you feel colder. It really does get to the bones doesn't it?! Winnipeg (where I'm from originally) always felt that way to me. Alberta doesn't have 1/2 the lakes MB does, so it's very dry here compared to there. I can't even imagine the difference you must feel as you're surrounded by lakes where you are if I'm correct? I weigh in on Sunday...gulp!! I don't know the total yet, but I know I'm way over 20 in carbs today. I was just so cold, I had way more coffee than I should have.

Brenda - what in tarnation is muzzleloader hunting? I'm guessing it has something to do with DH (since he was home) and, er, um, achem...doin' the "wild thang" . Hope you get the bracelet you want. Tell him if he really needs to spend extra money, a muzzle-warmer might be in order .

As for the schools, you know what the crazy thing is, and basically my reason for not wanting to send Alex when it's this cold...they still send them out for recess. 15 mins. in the morning & I believe 20 in the aft. (after lunch). That's insanity. They say the kids need fresh air. Sorry, my kid doesn't need -30 fresh air.

Hi Rebecca - glad you found us! Looking forward to knowing you better & celebrating your achievements!

Em - if you were left long enough, I'm sure you would! I know when it's that cold out, they warn not to leave skin exposed as frostbite can occur in minutes. When you have a 4 month old, there is no such thing is enough rest. Mine were still nursing like hounds at that age LOL. Co-sleeping was the only way I got my sleep . I'm glad you were able to keep your house & congrats to DH on his new job. My ex still isn't paying child support & last year I didn't think I could buy a thing for the boys for Christmas, so we got adopted by the School Board. They totally made Christmas for my kids when I couldn't. I was so ashamed of myself for the longest time until I finally realized that my ex. not paying his support to punish me, was hurting his kids more than he was hurting me. He's the one who should be ashamed of himself, not me. We all need help once in a while, I'm glad you have a resource around you where you can get it! Oh & yes...20 mins. is AWESOME!!

Lacey - sounds like you're have a fun, busy day! Hope you have a great weekend as well!

Have a great night all! Water, water, water, water...just as soon as I have 1 more cup of coffee
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #74  

Hi All, I can relate to the cold. I was up in Alaska for a few years and that was down right balmy next to Pennsylvania. It's all because of the wind and moisture here, I would trade winters any day.

EM and Stacie, It's probably not my place to say because I'm not a mom, however I am a professional counslor who supervises a foster care program. In my opinion you two have done whatever it takes for your children and should never lose even one second of sleep over that. If more parents would do that the world would be a much different place. So pat yourselves on the back.

Becca

Robin, I have the same appetite issue, if I'm really OP I'm rarely hungry. A lot of days at work I completely forget to eat my snacks and don't realize it's time for luch until someone stops by my office to see if I want to eat with the group. I love it, its the first time in a long time my life hasn't revolved around when I was going to be able to eat next. I hope your having as much fun with it as I am.

Lacey, Way to go on the coffee! I don't know if I could have done that after giving myself permission to cheat. I'm inspired!

Liv, Tenn,Trazzie and everyone else ( sorry, I'm still learning names and my memory resembles swiss cheese)

Have a great OP day!
Mindy5936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:25 AM   #75  
Baby Steps

This is going to have to be fast. We have to go get a furnace filter. We can't use cheap ones. They have to be the allergen ones. Otherwise youngest DD gets a LOT of colds in the winter. Then it's off to my parents house to do Christmas cookies. I really can't wait until January gets here. Then the holiday eating will be over and I won't be tempted (for a few months anyway) to eat stuff I shouldn't. No willpower!! I'm doing the best I can right now...but slipping more than I know I should. Well, off to the races...I mean the store
Oh...muzzleloader hunting is using a muzzleloader (gun) to go hunting for whitetail (deer...not women! ) .
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote