Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #31  

Hello ladies,
Oh my gosh - I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm soooooo tired. I fell asleep at 7:30 last night and didn't get up til 8:15 this morning. And I'm really struggling to stay awake. It was like that yesterday too. Yesterday I had a killer headache from carb withdrawl I guess and I broke down and ate 4 pieces of Halloween candy I pilfered from my kids' treat bag. Other than that though, eating, water and exercise was good.

Insekur - I'm in Lake Arrowhead, CA (the mountains above San Bernardino).

So, so tired...
-Sarah
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #32  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by insekur
Good Morning Chickies

Well it's another lover day in Long Beach. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, hope all is well with all you other locarbettes. Just curious, does anyone know how much weight i can expect to lose on induction in the next two weeks?
Just from personal experience: I lost 14 lbs. on induction (most was water) and have lost 10 lbs a month so far. If you set the goal of 40 lbs, that'd have to be 20 lbs a month, 5 lbs a week....that's pretty fast...maybe some of the more 'atkins experienced' chicks can advise

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

insekur~ when I do strict atkins, I usually loose between 11 & 18 lbs those 2 weeks. Then even when I stay on induction it usually slows down to between 1 & 3 lbs a week, and thats with exercise. I think 40 by christmas is high....after your first 2weeks, count on 2lbs a week as a reasonable goal.

Sarah~ Im tired today too!! Im ready to go lay down, for me, its all withdrawals!! If your not having withdrawals, and your about 3ish weeks into atkins, it could be your body switching over to fat burning mode. This always makes me dead tired for about a week, then I have more energy than I know what to do with.

I finally found my shoes!!!!!!!!! I dont understand when a size sells out fast why they dont carry more of that size!!! If your a size 11, you better be there when the shipment comes in or you loose out! Well, anyway, I have my new shoes...so I can go walking in my bright white reeboks, and you know, having new shoes makes you lose weight faster!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #34  

LOL! Ok, Robin, I better go out and get me some new shoes!

Hello *waves* to everyone. I'm alive. Not eating too well. Not fitting in exercise. Kinda maintaining but up 4 lbs from where I would like to be (well, actually, up 15 lbs. from where I would LIKE to be but let's not start living in Fantasyland, k?) I'm stuck in a kinda 'blah' place in my life right now. Nothing is earthshatteringly horrible but it just kinda just flows along, nothing new and exciting, SSDD. You know the drill. I've procrastinated on household stuff around here and now the tasks are big and ugly and I just CAN'T seem to jumpstart myself into tackling them. Lists - maybe I need to start with some small, do-able lists......

SH is living up to his name, as usual. Hadn't seen the boys for 6 months and then has 'meetings' with them this weekend to inform them he is taking me to court to make me sell the house - he doesn't want to wait the 2 1/2 years until the Cody graduates, even tho he knows how much the boys want to stay here, the only house they've known, until they go off to college. *sigh* I see more lawyer costs in my future.

Melis is doing GREAT at Art school in SF, tho! She is in her 2nd year and pulling As and a few Bs. My kids (and our dogs) are the bright, shiney part of my life! Love them to peices and we have soooo much fun together!

Dating sucks (I beleive you asked a while back, huh, Robin?) - there sure are plenty of frogs out there and I must be working my way thru them (I'm NOT kissing all of them, tho, silly!) The hunky baseball dad is still hanging around but can't seem to work thru his family drama (baby is almost 8 months now) enough yet. Man, I sure fell for him hard tho. Maybe that is why I'm catching all the frogs now? I just looking for that SPARK that was (is?) there with the guy that WOKE me up at 45?

Ok - gotta run and fix some dinner. Sorry this is so long. I will try to check in more often and personalize the next post. You all are doing great and are such an inspiration to me!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:15 AM   #35  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday

Insekur: I lost about 12 pounds in 2 weeks. I wouldn't try to lose weight too fast though. The easier you lose it the easier it is to put it back on!! Slow and steady wins the race as they say!

Sarah: Coming off carbs has made me tired also. Goes with the headache with me. Tough it out and I bet you'll feel better in a couple more days!!

Lacey:

Robin: Congrats on finding the shoes!! And if new shoes makes you lose weight faster I need to run out and buy a pair

Kel: Nice to see you again. Sorry to hear about SH! Hopefully he wakes up and realizes the kids need to come first! I hear you on letting things slide around and now it being a monumental job instead of a fast one. I've kind of let the same thing happen and now it's like "ok, it'll take all YEAR to get this place cleaned again." lol. I've kind of given up on the task

Well, our furnace is in. They stayed until after 8:00 PM last night to install it. They wanted to make sure we had heat for when/if it gets cold out again. Dang, it's supposed to be in the 60's today and it's NOVEMBER!!! This weather if very odd. We need some cold weather otherwise DH is going to say "I KNEW we should have just fixed the old furnace." Today maybe I'll attempt to do some cleaning I also need to get my water intake in. Did WI yesterday--no gain & no loss. So that's ok with me (for now). It's nice not to have a gain!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #36  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

Brenda: woohoo!!! SO glad it's finally in! Just think, in about a month you'll be sitting around with toasty feet and thanking yourself for making such a wise decision WTG for staying OP

dh is off for the next three days which is good AND bad
good because he can babysit while I walk, bad because he likes to cook all of the time and i eat like a hog when he's home

where is the pig smilie?

I also have another basketball game to go to but thankfully I get to drag dh along so I won't be by myself.

Have an awesome day girls!!

drink drink drink
Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #37  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda~ its been really warm here too for november....I agree its very strange!

Kel~ I did ask about how the dating was going. Sounds like its about right lots of frogs to weed out! Im sorry sh is being a real prick, I will never understand why some men are like that! You know when I found my dh? .....when I quit looking....seriously!! I was starting to look for a dog I decided to give it up, get a dog, because the dog would always be there, and would never break my heart. I never did get the dog....even though you have your wonderful dogs...dont give up just yet. He's out there, and probably in a very unlikely place. He'll find you

Lacey~ can you get him to cook some new l/c recipes instead?

Yesterday was a tough day food wise. I wanted to eat all day! So I think I"ll start today with eggs rather than my shake. See if that makes a difference for today anyway. Ive picked up some of the supplements I had been taking before, and few new ones, to deal with hormone levels. Some months, I seriously feel like Im going crazy, and I know its hormones, and food related. So then I should know better, eat properly and exercise to keep them on a better level.

Thats it for around here....have a great day ladies!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #38  
Baby Steps

Lacey: Good luck staying OP while DH is home. You're at least lucky he likes to cook!

Robin: what are you taking for the hormones? I ask because mine are whacky all over the place. I haven't even gone looking for mine yet. I used to take the Atkins Advantage and it used to kill my appetite and make it so I wasn't "snacky" if you know what I mean? I have to hunt for it now.

Well, I need to work on the water. I got a little in but need to chugalug to get the rest in today. I did a little bit of weight lifting (arm curls, etc) but not a whole heck of a lot. It bothers my shoulder. But I'll be walking with "The Girls" (ladies from a class I'm in at church) today but not sure how far. I DID get the dining room straightened up and set up a schedule to follow. Maybe THAT'LL help get this house in shape again off to go drink more water
Old 11-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #39  
Lovin' Life

Brenda~ Im taking saw palmetto, & chaste tree for the hormones. Saw palmetto is very strongly advertised for men to promote prostrate health. But I have pcos, and too much testosterone and androgens, so this stuff, helps me regulate it....slows down the production of it for me. The chaste tree...here is the "cut and paste from a site I found about it"......An imbalance of estrogen and progesterone has also been associated with premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Symptoms appear seven to ten days before the beginning of menstruation, and cease once the cycle begins. Physical symptoms include painful breasts, abdominal discomfort and fullness, flatulence, edema (especially of the lower extremities, as well as the hands and the face), and headache. Mental symptoms may include mood swings, nervous irritability, depression, restlessness, and aggressiveness. It is estimated that between 5 and 30% of women may be affected by PMS. Therapeutic choices by health care professionals are based on severity of symptoms. In severe cases, the treatment is likely to be steroidal hormones. In Europe, however, gynecologists have another choice, preparations made from the fruits of the chaste tree.......for me, I can be 1week pms....and at its worst, 3weeks!! So Im hoping this will help a bit.

Chromium and bidalberry round it out, both to regulate insulin sensitivity.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #40  
TemporaryFatChick

It's a good day today There's left over cake in the kitchen at work, but now that it's been picked over, it's not nearly so tempting as it was yesterday. I sat w/my back to it when I ate lunch so I wouldn't have to look at it, but it still whispered to me hehehe.

The girls want to go out to dinner tomorrow, a real challenge for me, since 1) they're my eating buddies, and 2) I have a hard time making good choices in restaurants. They decided to pick someplace "healthy", since they want to support me. They chose Stir Fry Cafe, a new one just opened nearby and they want to try it. O. M. G. - there is nothing on the menu that I can eat. Well, maybe egg drop soup and hot wings, but I dunno about those. Check out the menu http://www.tndirectory.com/stirfry/ can you see anything I can eat for dinner???

Todays Fabulous Food Choices (so far)
2 eggs
1 whole grain low carb tortilla (5 g - eeek)
left over sliced chicken
.5 c spinach
2 T sour cream w/chili powder, cumin & pepper added
1 oz cheese
cilantro leaves
36 oz of water so far

Robin, are you in perimenopause? If so, I recommend black cohosh suppliments. They seem to help regulate the hormone fluctuations, less weeping, crabbiness, and the "EAT" switch isn't turned on all the time since I started taking them. Also, have the Dr. check your iron level next visit, low iron can do some wonky things to you that are sometimes confused w/hormone reaction.

Make it a great Thursday everyone!!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #41  
Lovin' Life

the Tai Teryiaki chicken salad looks good, it they can leave off any teryiaki sauce they might pour over the chicken. But I think your safest with the hotwings, and soup. Not much choice in there....watch for hidden sugars in the food...that will mess you up too.

yup, Im perimenopausal I had tried the black cohash a couple years ago, but I found it caused me to cramp up pretty bad. Enough for me to be concerned about taking it. But your right, it certainly helped with the mood swings, and it did seem to help in other depts. Id love to have the "eat" switch turned OFF!!! Hopefully getting the hormones in check will help with that.

Well, I just got back from a walk with dh, and my new white shoes! There is something wrong with them. This is the second pair of these shoes that make my knee horribly sore, and make my feet fall asleep. Ive been wearing this make and brand of shoe for a good 15 yrs. But they seem to have changed them, and what ever they did, messes up my legs and feet. I put on any of my old shoes, and Im fine, except Ive literaly walked the soles off them. They are now my garden shoes. So I called the store and I can return them, but I am NOT looking forward to trying to find a new pair of shoes that I will love!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Hey hey hey, it's FAT AUDREY! Yuckamuck. Why is it when you cheat, it's so so hard to get back on track?
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #43  
TemporaryFatChick

(((Audrey)))
Forget today, start tomorrow with an couple eggs and a big glass of water and you'll be off and running again. Don't give up, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #44  
Baby Steps

Default Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin: Thanks for the info. Can you get that at a Wal-mart or does it have to be like at a health food store?? Sorry to hear about the shoes. If they're like other companies they've gone to new manufacturers and so aren't as well put together as before. Glad you can return them!!

TN: Congrats on passing on the cake! You've got AWESOME willpower!! Keep up the great work!

Audrey: Don't sweat it! The worst thing you can do is dwell on the mistakes. Believe me...I've gone through that one! Just pick yourself up and say I will START AGAIN You're doing great and have excellent results!! Keep up the great work and just remember: DH will just FLIP when he sees you next

Well, the pumpkin candy corn got to me last night. Just JUMPED right into my mouth!! I swear I couldn't do a THING to stop them! Ok, damage done and onto starting fresh! I DID exercise yesterday (1 WATP mile and a 1/2 hour of walking with "the ladies". Not sure how far we actually walked because, once again, I forgot the pedometer! lol). And today I have to feed the deer, do a little shopping and clean a little. Then hopefully I can have time to exercise again. Even though my hips are a little sore I still want to do it. I went to bed last night and the "energy" was popping back in (I could tell because I couldn't keep my feet still!!) so that's a good sign! Even with the candy corn I think I'll be ok. I got my water in yesterday so that's another good start!!! Was thinking how good a salad, steamed veggies and a steak on our anniversary sounds. Sounds better than deep fried shrimp and french fries (can't believe I said that!!). I've been SO hungry for steamed veggies!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #45  
Lovin' Life

Smile

Good Morning

Brenda~ those little buggers can jump high cant they? You can get the saw palmetto at walmart, and chromium, but I dont know about chaste tree. I got mine at vitamin warehouse because they were having a buy one get one sale. So I have enough to do me a year now

Audrey~ dont sweat it, you have a new goal!

Well, there must be something in the air, I had peanuts doing the same thing Brenda's candy corn was doing! But I think it was a good thing, because even with all the fibre Ive been eating, the peanuts seemed to get things moving pretty good last night if you know what I mean!!

Ive been having alot of trouble sleeping the last 2 nights, lots of tossing and turning...and my internal furnace was on overdrive!! Drove dh crazy with the blankets

Im not going to beat myself up about the peanuts, Im good, and eating right today!

Have a great op day ladies