Old 10-29-2005, 08:22 AM   #46  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Hope y'all are staying away from the halloween goodies this weekend. BE TOUGH !!! you can do it.

Whats happening this weekend? any good plans.
Today is a party w/Dd at the mall for halloween, tomorrow is church, and a birthday party with dd. Thats about it, then tomorrow I'll cook for the week (dinners that is).

Have a happy saturday
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #47  
Baby Steps

Lacey: Is your DD feeling better? Good job on the walk no matter what the reason!!

Leenie: enjoy your weekend!

Well, I drank WAYY too much soda last night. Now today I've got to get the water in and hope I don't go through the headache. Today I'm going to my parents house. They're having homemade pizza. DANG!! I plan on bringing my salad w/some chicken chunks in it and IF I'm still hungry afterwards I'll eat a piece of pizza (usually after I eat my salad I'm not hungry so I'm HOPING I'm safe! lol). And I'll TRY to stay away from the dessert. Maybe I should leave the room when they're eating it. lol. Tomorrow is church and after church we're having a "Thank you" brunch for the Pastor....so not sure what I'm going to do there. Hopefully they have some veggies!! Other than that...it's off to go feed the deer today (exercise!!). Hope you all have a great weekend!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:38 AM   #48  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning and happy weekend!

Laundry, laundry and more laundry this morning. I dodn't do ANY this week and now I have to catch up.

The puppy is asleep on a pile of dirty stuff right now!

No weight loss this week, I am at least getting out for some exercise and have not opened the halloween candy (yet ) so iguess that is good!
Hello to my new friends but I miss my old friends...pop in and say hello!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #49  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hello

Been quite busy around here....just finishing up the ski-doo, then we have a Hummer to do on Monday!! Im so excited about it! I love doing vehicles!! Im not op, but Im going to wait until Monday to restart everything. Ive been off and on all week, and we have plans for the weekend...so it can wait until Monday.

I have to remember to take the camera with me today...so we can take pictures of the ski-doo all put together its in pieces at the moment

Thats about it around here....I'll check back later!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:39 AM   #50  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hope y'all remembered daylight savings was last night.

How's your weekend going along? Sugarfree right ?

Brenda love the avitar LOL, much better than that pig.

HUGS, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:34 AM   #51  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

excuse me for just talking about myself in a long rant today but I just have to get it off my shoulders.

I met a friend for shopping yesterday (I honestly have NO friends, she is a forum buddy I met online and have met her twice now in person). Anyway, we had pedicures done and the chinese lady there really treated me like crap. First, when I went to put my feet in the water it was SCALDING hot, (I am not exaggerating), then later when the water cooled down and she was working on my feet she went ON AND ON about my callus'. I'm a nurse and have been in the nursing profession since I was 15, she started making a HUGE production of taking my callus' off and talking in chinese while ALL the people in the store were staring and her co-workers were laughing and talking chinese back. And THEN, she was digging really hard into the top of one of my nails and I pulled back and said "OUCH!" to see if it was bleeding and she says to me (loudly) "YOU HAVE DIRTY NAIL!" "SEE!" and shows me this tiny little piece of skin that she dug out of the top of my nail. So I take a shower at least once daily, and she makes me feel like a homeless person who hasn't bathed in months.

ok, that's not the end.
She looks up and says "YOU WANT TO HAVE EYEBROWS WAXED SO THEY WILL BE EVEN?" and I'm thinking WTF, they're not even?!? So I agree
She does do a fantastic job on my brows, which I do myself at home, but it still makes me feel like crap. She tried to get another ten bucks for doing my upper lip but I told her I'd just do it later. WINCH.

So I paid for both pedicures and with my eyebrow job it came to ninety bucks and she and another lady come up with my credit card and are like "TIP? How much do you want to tip???" over and over so like the stupid glutton I am I tipped them ten bucks when really I should have complained about their rudeness. So I'm not sure how I'll explain to dh that I spent a hundred bucks on pedicures, he won't understand.

And one more thing totally stupid I did was I drank a light frappucino from starbucks. I KNEW I should've just got the water, but it looked so good. I got a small and am too scared to look up the carbs.

anyway, I had a fun shopping day but the pedicure experience really hurt my feelings. I'm sure what the lady said was true, but I honestly feel like out of the 8 people having their peds that the fat girl was picked on. Isn't it crappy of me to feel that way?? ok, only positive thoughts from here on out. sorry this was such a long post, it was just really embarrasing and I needed to vent.

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #52  

Oh, Lacey, honey, I am so sorry for your horrible experience! That had to be awful. And you are not wrong to feel like out of the 8 people there they targeted you, THEY WERE WRONG TO TREAT YOU THAT WAY!!! WTF - why do people do that? If I could give you a great big hug right now, I would. Consider yourself hugged, okay? And don't even give that Frappaccino another thought. You got a small - you should feel proud that after an emotionally harrowing experience like that, you allowed yourself a treat in moderation. That's great! And don't worry about the carbs - they're not going to derail your efforts, so just forget about it, okay?

Isn't it funny how when we get treated like crap, we tip anyway? I've done that before too. And I have no idea why! I should have told her to "shove it where the sun don't shine", but instead I'm like, "here, have some money!" I don't know what to tell you, but you're not the only one who does it.

Maybe you could/should call the salon and complain. Tell them you do not appreciate them treating you, a paying customer, in that way. Or you could write a letter. If nothing else, it will get it off your chest to the people who need to hear it most - the people who wronged you and it will make you feel better for standing up for yourself to them.

Lacey, you have done an amazing job on your weight loss journey so far. Look at you - you've lost 38 pounds according to your ticker. That's GREAT! Feel good about yourself for that and try not to let other people get you down. I'm proud of you.

More hugs!!!!!
-Sarah
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #53  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lacey~ dont worry about the tastey drink...it was only one. Sounds like you needed it! As for the pedicure ppl...dont go back. They made you feel like ****, and your not going let them do it to you again. When I go into a new salon, where the first language of the employees isnt english....I pay attention to reactions to what is being said. The place I go to now, actually translate for me. I dont ask them to, they just do...unless they are giving instructions to another, and you know when its happening...almost every time. But if they are going to talk, and laugh and not bring you in on what is being said, you have no reason to go back there. Its RUDE! Regardless as to what was said, or how it made you feel....you will never know...so dont go back. Dont tip next time either. Im curious as to why you paid for both pedicures?

Quiet day around here....we got the ski-doo all done yesterday, and it turned out awesome. When I get the pictures downloaded onto the pc, I'll post one. It looked really cool when the guy drove it out of his garage, with the head lights on, and it was dark....way cool!

Im not op, but I will be!! Tomorrow! Ive been doing some research, and some other reading, and some reflecting on what worked before. You know....sometimes, we all need a good head shaking to rattle out the cobwebs! I have pcos, and when I took the 1st 100lbs off, I used alot of supplements. Stuff that helps with some of my issues. Ive been dieting since I was 16!! 5 yrs ago, was the first time EVER I didnt have sugar issues, or control issues. I felt normal, just ate less. I wasnt constantly fighting with the inner fat lady. So, I have my list....and I'll put it to the test this coming week.

Have a nice day
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote