Old 09-18-2005, 08:21 AM   #31  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Pastalover, good for you. We all goof but the main thing is to get back on the plan. Jack In The Box... LORDY !!! I haven't seen one of them in YEARS !!!

Yesterday I decided to do really good eating so I had a grilled ckn wrap with oodles of veggies inside. Then when I left the restraunt w/DD and DH we walked next door to Dairy Queen and I had a child size vanilla ice cream w/rainbow sprinkles... sigh.

Todays a new day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:14 AM   #32  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Quiet day planned. Dh and I are heading out soon for our starbucks and sunday paper read. Then its off to do some shopping with granddaughter. Other than that, its going to be pretty quiet.

Im op and feeling some soreness today (thats a good thing) Im going to take today off, and maybe just go for a little walk.

Have a great day!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Nice to be back

Hello ladies,

And an extra big hello to leenie, brenda and robin who I remember from ages ago. And just from my perspective Brenda, your picture looks amazing compared to your old one. Also, I saw Karen kicking around here somewhere who also looks super fantastic!

So anyway, I've been away for a year and a half but am back. The brief synopsis is:
1. Broke off my engagement to finacee (that's a good thing)
2. Moved out of apartment and bought a house (that's an even better thing)
3. Got a dog
4. Met new guy a year later
5. Gained 10lbs (he cooks and he's skinny and all he eats is pasta!)
6. Quite smoking
7. Gained 10lbs

So all in all a very busy time, somewhat stressful and I edged a wee bit towards my unhealthy coping mechanisms of eating. But 20lbs for me in that long with all those factors is actually amazing that I didn't gain more. So after a long heart to heart with the new fella, (think he finally gets it, he didn't even know that pasta was virtually made out of sugar! Alas, those naturally thin ppl) I've been eating properly for a week now, and 10lbs is gone. Not sure if it's the smoking weight or the new bf weight, hmmm. I remember why I was so good at this before, my body just loves it when I eat right! I feel so much better. Nice to be back and to all the new folks who I look forward to getting to know better.

TTFN
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:46 AM   #34  
Baby Steps

PastaLover: Well, slipups are normal. So just pick yourself up and start again

Leenie: Sounds like you did great in the eating even if you DID have a small cone. Better than a large so I'd call it a success

Robin: Congrats on staying OP!!!

Tummy: Welcome back!!! Great to hear all is going well with you and I envy you the weight gain AND loss! I'm up 13 (?) pounds and it's not leaving as easy (and the pic was from that size!). Congrats and don't be such a stranger!!

Well, the weekend is shot as far as being OP goes. I told DH I need to get a handle on this because I feel SO much better when I'm eating low carb. I noticed that when I'm stressed for time it's so much easier picking up a pizza...and then eating it. BUT it's back to being OP. At least I was drinking water
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #35  
Atkins Lover

Hey all! Hope you have a good weekend. Just wanted to pop in real quick and say that I'm leaving for vacation w/dh at midnight tonight! I'm so excited!!! I did weigh in yesterday and was down 2lbs. I have been counting calories and eating 3 small meals a day and it is helping I think. Saturday was my blow it day and I did but hey, I still weighed 2 lbs less from last week. So that is a plus. I think having one day a week where you can blow it is good! I am sure that over the next 3+ days I'm gonna be blowing it A LOT. LOL Talk to you all on Friday!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #36  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Have fun Bec!! and congrats on your 2lbs gone!! WTG!

Tummy~ good to see you back! Sounds like things were a bit stressfull/busy, but you came out of it shining nicely. Congratulations on your 10lbs gone! Keep it up!

Well, it seems what Ive been doing is working...so that got me a bit more motivated this morning. After Im done here, I'll go do my cardio, and then maybe a walk too. I did cardio 5x last week, and 2 weight lifting days, with 2 days off, and one (food) free evening where I had a brownie, b-day cake and potato chips. I can live with this Life changes, thats what its all about isnt it? I know that once the weight is off, I wont have to work so hard, but I will have to maintain it. In all honesty, getting it off is the easy part....keeping it off is whats giving me trouble. If I could keep it off, I wouldnt have 75lbs to loose, Id only have 35 left to go. Anyway, no more negative thoughts....Im moving from here, and I'll be 155 lbs by next summer! It says so all over my house!

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote