Old 08-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekday Chat/ August15-19

ARGH!!! It's morning already!! Ok. Today I'm going to:
A: Drink my required water
B: Stay away from LC ice cream (tasted "blech" anyway. Chocolate
Peanut butter...but all you tasted was peanut butter"
C: Eat right

Other than that..the weekend was great. Too short. Got some awesome pics of my nieces wedding. A great Sunset picture!! I call it "God's Canvas". Yesterday I was down a pound...and now I'm up a pound. Silly yo-yoing!! I want to keep seeing the scale go DOWN!! DH took the day off today but doubt we'll go anywhere. He's P & M'ing about the price of gas. School shopping is now officially done!!!! WAHOO! Now school just has to start...then I have to learn a whole new routine!! lol.
Did you all have a good weekend??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Sounds like you've got some good goals for today. You've been doing great lately -- keep it up! Oh, and I definitely understand the complaining about gas prices. The prices here jumped 15 cents in a manner of days. Unfortunately, I didn't get gas until they jumped.

We played our last softball game of the season on Friday and lost again. Oh, well. There is always next season. It starts Sept. 9.

This weekend was OK foodwise. It wasn't the best, but it definitely could have been worse. I think the worst thing I had was half of a Starbucks frappucino (It was the new banana-caramel one, and it was delish!). At least it wasn't a complete pig-out weekend like I've had in the past.

On Saturday, a friend and I hit the beach. I really feel a ton better in my swimming suit. It's amazing what weight training can do for you! I'm toned and pretty happy with my body, even though I still want to lose 20 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I still have some nasty upper thighs I can't wait to get rid of, but overall the difference is amazing. I'm in the same size now that I was when I was 150 pounds, and the only difference is strength training. I highly recommend it! Oh, and the beach was great -- not crowded, crystal clear water and a beautiful day.

Last night, I saw "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" with a group of friends. Pretty stupid, but I love those type of stupid movies.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

monday and chilly! no sun today but alas we have had over 20 days of 90+ this summer.

We went to a very goof craft fair yesterday. DH is a wood turner so he wanted to see what people are charging and get some ideas. I know a little bit of cheating but heck, we all do it.

We also went to see the puppies yesterday. So cute and little, they are just starting to relize there are other pups along with them and the growling and barking is just so cute. We can bring her home on the 8th or the 9th!

you guys seem to be doing well and I wish I could get on the ban wggon. DH is a low carber and I am so sick of the food! We cleaned out the kitchen this morning and then went and did a little bit of re stocking. It is say to find stuff in the back of the cabinet dated 1999!

Oh well, keep up the good work girls,
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday

Jina: I wish I had the ambition you do for your strength training. You're doing so great! Keep up the great work!!!

L: I think the reason I can stay on this program so well is because I was never an adventurous eater to begin with. So to switch from potatoes/fries to a salad was my hardest thing. That and giving up my chocolate!!!

Why is it..we get to a weight we're happy with it...but want to lose more because we think we'll look better...but then gain weight back and realise, HEY!! That looked pretty good on me how come I didn't stay THERE??? Yup, mourning the gain of these last 10 pounds. My fault I know...and if I'd get off my slugbutt I'd probably get that 10 pounds off and maybe more. I'd love to have someone in my face saying "Exercise you SLUG!!! Do IT Do IT DO IT!!!!"
Old 08-16-2005, 10:29 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Brenda, the answer is because we are never satisfied and we will never (ok, most of us) be like what we see in the magazine. I have also found that you will find a wieght that you can eat normaly, and maintain your weight. i got down to 139 and it took 900 calories a day and 2 hours of exercise to maintain it. I was also grumpy because I was always hungry. I am back up to 165 and relized on my way down and back up that this is close to a better weight. 160 is the ideal fo me, I sontimes wish that women in particular would stop being so hard onthemselves and find what is good and what allows them to enjoy life and be happy without the daily obsession...make sence?
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

L: That makes perfect sense. And once I get it through my head that I don't HAVE to be as skinny as my sisters (0r anyone else) the happier I'll be Thanks for the pep talk!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday

Well, I didn't get all my water in...and I didn't skip the ice cream. *sigh* I know better than to think I can follow through on things like this. Especially when the ice cream is in the house. But I've GOT to do better!!! I need to quit drinking more than 1 soda a day (got into a bad habit of that again) then maybe I can force myself into drinking the water. SOUNDS simple enough, eh? So that's what I'm planning today
Old 08-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

just a quick hello ...dd and I are off to the airport to pick up dh. He's been gone much too long for my liking.

Back to eating properly again today.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

BOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love yah's
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 AM   #10  

Hi guys - just a quick fly by.

Life is busy here and back to semi-normal (what is that?) since boys have been back for a week now. I'm going to work on planning/cooking dinners and then maybe we can all eat healthier - summer was heck on our eating habits!

Reconnected with an old friend from high school (saw him on Match.com!) - we had dinner last evening. Don't know what will happen but I'm enjoying the journey. My baseball dad friend is still around but follow-thru and any kind of commitment (no matter HOW small) is not his strong suit. So I gots to get over him - too bad.

Weather has been in cool down mode here but I'm sure it will warm up again before the end of summer.

Take care - thanks for having my back yesterday.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

L: Nicely put. Now, I just need to get that through my head.

Brenda: At least it was a LC treat -- it could have been worse. I still think you're doing great.

Robin:

Leenie: We love you, too.

Ms Spotdog: Hope things go well with your high school friend. BTW, I absolutely love the quote in your signature -- so true!

Things are going well here. I'm looking forward to this scale number going down... SOON!

Last night a group went to $1 bowling night -- so fun. It was $1 games, $1 drinks and $1 food. I managed to avoid nachos and fries and was satisfied with a Diet Coke. I haven't bowled in a long time. It was pretty pathetic, but I did manage to break 100.

It's raining here today, and it has been most of the morning. So unusual here in sunny Florida. I'm used to the afternoon thunderstorms that last a matter of minutes, but this raining for hours at a time is not acceptable!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 08-17-2005 at 02:27 PM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday

Robin: Glad to hear your DH is home I can imagine how happy you are

Leenie: Hope you're having a good week!!

Kel: Hope things work out for you and your highschool friend Keep us informed!!!

Jina: Sounds like you did better than I did my whole year of being on the bowling team I stink at bowling but they don't seem to care. Not sure if we'll be joining again seeing how the bowling alley we went to is being sold (and is shut down until it's sold). So I don't want to drive too far to go bowling!!

Did some work outside yesterday (not long enough to count towards equator trek...but still work. lol) and I can thankfully say it's not been too hot here either. I love Spring and Fall!!! I don't sweat and I don't freeze!! Bad thing is...I have that GS training Saturday night and it's going to be COLD!!!! Well, I want to get it done and over with!!! lol. I can suffer through (yet another) sleepless night due to GS. Hopefully this is the last training I have to do!!! Eating was good last night---the ice cream is gone So from now on I'm not buying any...I'lll eat pistachios if I have to snack!!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Your right Brenda, Im sooooo happy to have dh back!!! We both slept alot better last night! The bed is too big without him in it, and this house is just huge with just dd and I in it! Its one of those 1910 - 2 1/2 story houses. Just huge when your rattling around in it

With him being home I ate better yesterday...had to cook a full meal for supper Dd and I have been getting away with eggs on toast and bagels with cream cheese.

Tom finally arrived...just short of a month late! That had to be the worst pms Ive ever experienced. Dh too poor bugger Hormones seem to have settled for a bit thank goodness!! Its not a pretty thing when you have hot flashes in the middle of a heat wave!

Thats about it for my little corner of the world, have a good one.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:11 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Robin: I can relate to bad PMS...try having it for months on end!! Luckily I think I'm finally over that stage!! Enjoy your DH

Well, the weekend if about to begin. And wouldn't you know it...my neck went out last night? When I say my "neck went out" it means something kinked in it and I can't turn my head or hold it up (or lay down, etc) w/out pain. Dang, and I was doing so well w/out the chiro visits!!! Not sure what I'm going to do because I sure as heck can't go on a campout like this!!!! Hopefully I can get it to loosen up and crack or at least have the pain lessen!!!
What do you all have planned this weekend?? I won't be online until Monday so hope you all have a great weekend!!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Weekend
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote