Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat: July 25th - 31st

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to start a weekly chat and see how it runs... Seems the dailys are a bit slow right now, prob due to vacations, etc.

Soooooooooooooooo how did y'all do this weekend ? I wasn't good yesterday, lordy, I had some caramel cone ice cream
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:13 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Was the ice cream good at least?? And you're right, the dailies are a bit slow and I was thinking we should go back to the weekly also until we pick up again. Good call

Well, summer school starts today. 8:30-11:30. Hope she learns more than she did during the school year!! She's still kind of ticked off that I didn't sign her up for her regular school for summer school. Long story on that one!! Anyway, still OP (though a few nuts again) and did a little better on the water (well, tea) so improving
My oldest DD turns 13 tomorrow!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday

Another day......and of course I stayed up too late last night. The only good thing is it's SOOO much cooler today! We're only supposed to be in the 70's!!! What a difference!! I can get what little lawn is green mowed. Still OP but MAN I had a snack attack last night! Had a handful of nuts and a LC chocolate ice cream bar. That filled the spot! Doubt it helped in the weight loss department...but it was a healthier choice! Now I've got birthday cake (2 days) to try and avoid. My oldest is now 13 !!!! Do I feel old!!!
How're you all doing????
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #4  

I sure wish it was in th 70s here! We are supposed to be over 100 today, with a heat index between 110 & 115! I feel so badly for my friends with outdoor jobs! I really worry about them. Yumm....Ice Cream..speaking of which Leenie, have you tried the low carb kind? I have been getting the low carb praline pecan & I swear it tastes just like normal ice cream.
Dawn
Dawnlizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Dawn, its supposed to be a scorcher here to today, same as you, 110 degrees...OY.
I have given up on the LC ice cream, it really tares my stomach to pieces. I mean I'm like hurting for days if I eat that stuff. Its the sugar alcohols. No, I ate regular stuff

Well nothing really new today lol.

bbl
Old 07-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
Back from NY and made a big goof. I did not call my father while I was there, he lives in the city with his lovely bride. I really thought they were away, with all I have been going with the kids, I really am not keeping track of everyone elses travels. I may have to make another trip there.

Hot here today, I went out for my walk early and ran into DH's cousin. The kids want to go to the pool today....been out for my walk and 2 loads of laundry done...

PS I use to buy the lo carb brownies with the malatol (sp) and I know what you mean Leens, it is a killer on the stomach, I am not sure if the ice cream has that in it, but be warned that some of the sugar alcohols have some really bad digestive side effects.

-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:21 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Yup, if I eat it too often (days upon days) then I have a problem. But I've found that if I include it only once in a while then I'm ok. So that means, tonight I won't have any just to make sure my system adjusts. I started cleaning the house yesterday. Down to basics is what I'm trying for. Some things just can't be put away. Like dust collectors of DH's Grandpa, etc. So I'll have to get another shelf for that. Guess what?!?!?! I can finally see one of my counters!! WOOHOO! Well, that's what I'm going to be doing today...more cleaning (would you believe I'm STILL working on getting the kitchen clean? And it's not that big!!! YIKES!!)!!!
Back to work...break is over!!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:21 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Forgot to mention...the bad thing of having a clean counter is the cats decided they could go investigate!! ICK!!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: I know what you mean about the sugar alcohols doing a number on the stomach! I have no control, so even though my intentions are to just eat a small amount, I end up eating way too much, and it's really bad news for the stomach! So, I can't buy the stuff.

Brenda: It sounds like you've been doing great lately. Keep up the good work!

Dawn: Stay cool in that miserable heat.

L: It sounds like you're having a very productive day already. Have fun at the pool!

I have been eating pretty much OP lately... besides a little too much wine this weekend. TOM is coming, so my weight is up, but I'm hoping it's just the usual temporary bloat gain.

We played softball on Friday. We had trouble getting enough people there to play, though. I guess everyone is taking vacations and doing more exciting things than me this summer! Anyway, we played with eight players when we normally play with 10, so we only had two outfielders. We ended up losing, but we played amazingly close considering we were at a severe disadvantage. We have three games left -- it would be nice if we could actually win one! Oh, well. It's fun even if we don't win, but I'd like to feel what it's like to win for once.

Oh, I saw "Wedding Crashers." It is absolutely hilarious. I laughed out loud through the majority of it. It is a lot of crude humor, but funny, funny stuff.

Well, I'm off to the gym to rack up some Equator Trek miles. Hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:20 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday

Well, I survived the cake (for the most part. Had 1 bite---so I consider it a success!!!). But now there's more cake tonight!! If I can get away with only a bite again then it really WILL be a success. I have to find a LC recipe for cake for celebrations for DH and myself I can't believe it!! I couldn't sleep last night because I was COLD!!! Today it's supposed to be only 77 (so I'll get the lawn cut today seeing how I didn't get to it yesterday) and tonight it's supposed to get down to 54!!!!! WOOHOO I love these temps!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Brenda 1 bite of cake IS good !!!! keep it up. Clean counters..... come do mine please I can't wait for tomorrow because tonight after the rains, the cool air will be coming in. Its sooooooooooooo hot and sticky here, today its suposed to go up to 105 ICK.

Today is haircut day They will also touch up my highlights. I have to look purdy because my friend from High School is coming to my house on Saturday and I have NOT seen her in 25 years. I'm so excited!!! I met her when I was 12 and we were the best of friends. She taught me sign language (she is hard of hearing). I forgot most of it but I'm sure this won't be a problem. She is bringing her DH who is also hard of hearing and her two little girls I just can't wait to hug her, I know I'm going to cry (oh we lost touch when she moved to florida, I think we were about 16 years old).

Well thats about it..... bbl
Old 07-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday

Jina: You've been doing so well on the exercise! Keep up the great work!

Leenie: I'm not looking forward to the hot weather returning. It was GORGEOUS out yesterday. We had a high of 77!! Sure was nice after all that heat and humidity!! But the fresh air (and pollen) sure is making everyone sniffly/sneezy (yup, me included). But it's nice to have that cool air---our garden (and even the farmers fields) needs it!

I am SOO proud of myself. Not ONE bite of cake yesterday. Well, I had a little bit of frosting...but it was on my finger and I just HAD to get it off somehow So another success!! YEAH!!!! I got more sleep last night for a change and woke up at 5:30 this morning tired. But now I'm wide awake except for the itchy eyes and stuffy nose. Going to try and get there rest of the kitchen cleaned and then maybe start on the next room. Maybe by the end of summer (before next school year) I'll have the whole house totally clean. That would be an interesting thing! lol. School registration's in a couple weeks. School starts 9/6 and I'm looking forward to it. Whatever cleaning I've not got done will be done by then. Then maybe I can paint the bathroom!!! lol.
Hope everyone has a great day!!! Just think....1 more day and it's FRIDAY!!! WOOHOO!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

A cool day here, a few errands to run before I have to pack again. we are going to visit DH's parents in NC for a week. we are taking our nephew with us. 8 people in the house for the week! Wish me luck!
A few errands to run, like the book store and the market for the individual crystal light packets. also a shower before I go and then I HAVE to get the kids up. I think they are in bed playing games but my older son is starting to boarder on puberty and is happy to sleep from9 till 9.

Not much else going on, I have been able to get out and walk a few days this week. I will head out again today. I like the time and my thighs look better for it..lol

What is everyone else up to?
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Yeah Brenda !!! nice going on the cake (it doesn't count when its on your fingers lol).
This summer is flying by. Seems like every weekend is something and no time for "us."

Nothing much is going on today. I got a new job offer but this is in the opposite direction that I drive now. Same company just different site. I'm very torn. The offer is from my previous boss who got promoted 2 years ago. She is taking a differnt position and wants me to join her. WOWEEEE I'm flattered but I just don't know what to do. It would mean alot of runnning for DH with day care and I would miss taking dd to my mom's every day, thats like our time even if its 1/2 hr. But it would only be for a year because then next year she is in school.

Other than that, nodda LOL. Hair appt went well, I feel good

Whats rockin w/you all ?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

L: Have a great vacation and I like those individual Crystal Light tea packets. Sure does help!! Great going on the exercise!!

Leenie: What does DH say about the job offer? Would you be happier? More pay? I'm sure you'll make the best decision!

Well, there's NOTHING to snack on (except cake) in this house. No low carb stuff anyway. I could go for something crunchy! Oh well, I'll just go make some Crystal Light tea (it's what I've been drinking in place of regular water) and see if that helps get rid of this snack attack.