Old 07-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #1  

Default New here

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 34yo SAHM to three great children in Alabama. I did Atkins for about a year in 2003, lost 60 pounds and then became pregnant. I ate WAY too much and gained nearly every bit of it back. I went through PPD quite a bit after I had my son in Oct 2004. I feel like I am finally ready again to lose the weight. Even after I had my son I lost and then started gaining again because I quit working my full time job. The job I have now , part time involves me taste testing entirely too many recipes but I love it and would hate to give it up. But if I can not get my eating under control and stay away from the wrong foods I may have to. I started LC again this past week and have lost 4 pounds so far. Right now I am at 256 pounds and it truly makes me want to cry. Everytime I get on the scale I get embarrrassed of myself. I can not believe I have let myself get this far. I would really love to find some support on here as I dont have much IRL. I love my family but they just dont understand how difficult it is for me to do this. As it is we are going to go on vacation next week to Pensacola Florida and I am so worried that I wont be able to stick to my plan. I am going to do the best I can though. I guess thats all I can do. Anyway, enough about me. I hope to get to know you all and make some great friends and support buddies !

Debbie
Debunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Debbie: Welcome and congrats on the lost weight so far! Great start! You'll find all the support you could want here! These ladies are excellent! Join us on the daily chat--which is where we get most of our news, support and just plain old fun
Enjoy your vacation and you can do it!! Welcome again
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #3  

Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Brenda. Am I missing something? where is the daily chat? I just looked all over i thought but obviously I am missing it..lol Maybe it si too early in the morning for me to try and think

Debbie
Old 07-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Debbie, glad your here w/us
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #5  

Hello and welcome,

I am a 27 year old sahmof 3, ages 9 1/2, 8, and almost 2. It is so hard for me to be at home all the time and not snack all day. Mu husband is a manager at his job, so he works crazy hours. I found that to beat the lonelyness of adult conversation I would eat. I started Atkins last week, but cheated the whole time, I didn't watch the 20 carb a day limit. I restarted this past Monday, and I have already lost 8 pounds, and 2 inches from my waist. My family is very supportive, my husband expecially, because he knows how much it means to me. He has no clue how hard it is though, he has been the same weight forever, and has only gained about 5 pounds in the last 7 years we have been together!! HE eats like a horse, but that's another story. My husband has his 10th class reunion July 30th, and I want to loose as much weight as possible. I don't want him to go with the "fat" wife. Plus, a lot of people there know me from when we first started dating, but have not seen us in years, so I think they would be shocked about the weight I gained. I am determined to do this also because I have an overweight grandma who has diabeties, as well as her father. My father is not overweight, but he is a borderline diabetic, but refuses to go back and get tested. I am the next in line. My uncle from the same side also has diabeties, and is not overweight. I am determined not to get it if nothing else because of my frightfulness of needles. Anyway, good luck to you, and the advice I can give is no matter what try to stay on track! When you are on vacation, a lot of restaurants are good about helping to make a meal that is lo carb. I can eat a t a lot of places that will take away the potatoes, and add some vegtables. Also order a small side salad instead of the non low carb sides. Try and scope out restaurants before you leave so that you have an idea of places to go. I know here in New Mexico we have restaurants like Applebees that have low carb, as well as weight watchers entrees to eat, and thy are really good!!! Hope this helps! Remember, you can do it!!
mommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #6  

One more thing that is getting me motavated is that for every ten pounds that I loose I give myself a reward~
1st ten pounds~ A pedicure
20 lbs.~ a manicure
30 lbs.~ 1 hour massage
Maybe trying something like this will work for you!! Those are some of my favorite things, so it works well for me!! I havn't figured out seomthing good for the 40 and 50 pounds lost yet. I figure it better be something really good when I meet my goal weight.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #7  

Leenie and Amanda, thanks for the Welcome. And Amanda, great idea about the rewards for losing weight. I may try that. I have never had a pedicure so that may be something very rewarding to me. And I know what you mean about Dhs having crazy hours. Mine works for 60 hours a week so we dont get alot of time together. And it is so hard being at home all day with the kids and not eating the same things that they do. Especially since I love Pasta and carbs entirely too much. And I can not buy sweets or I will eat them til they are gone. I can not help it, if they are in the house I will eat them. So I have just avoid buying them altogether. I figure it isnt going to hurt the kids and DH to do without them either. We could all stand to be a lot more healthy. Who needs sugar anyway?

Debbie
Old 07-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #8  

Hello again,

Pedicures are wonderful!! I cannot stand the filing and cutting of the nails, so I told them I just want a soak, massage, and polish change. I have only had one pedicure, and it was heaven!!! I have meant to go back, but I never have time. I have to have some kind of reward, because I have to have immediate results. I also weigh myself everyday, which I know is not good, but I have been doing that for years. As for measuring, I only TRY to do that every Sunday, but I did cheat on Wed.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:49 AM   #9  

Amanda - I am taking your idea about little rewards ! hope you guys don't mind
I am on induction 1month so far and lost 18lbs so far...
Good luck debbie!
DownNout198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #10  

I don't mind one bit. I have to have something to keep me motavated at time, so I decided that was the best way to do it!!!

Amanda
Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 PM   #11  

Default Congrats!

Just wanted to Congratulate you Laura On your 18 pounds lost so far. Thats great! I just got back from vacation this week and did not do well at all while gone on it. Now I am having a hard time getting back on the bandwagon. Tomorrow is a new day though and I am going to bust my butt getting back in a losing it mode.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

Hi all and welcome (to those I haven't met before)!!! To those of you that are interested in the daily chat---it's usually marked "Monday Chat" or whatever day of the week it is. Unless it's the weekend. Then of course, it's the "Weekend Chat of" and then the date. Come join us!! I for one can use some inspiration (and butt kicking) to get me back in gear again!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote