Old 06-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #1  
Married to the USAF

Location: Misery... Uh, I mean Missouri... Moving to Germany in December '05

Default Something feels different...

I totally went off plan Friday and Saturday. Friday was spent at an amusement park in celebration of my daughter's birthday... Ice cream and cake... need I say more? Yesterday was Taco Bell and more cake... lots of it. The funny thing is that today I am totally back on plan. I don't even feel bad... I feel like over the long term, those two days aren't even a *blip* on the radar. I still feel totally confident that I will lose weight and get fit this time. Even during the last two days of *bad* eating, I still knew that I would get back on track today. YaY!

This time is different. Something clicked in me. My aunt, who has been a smoker for many years, was diagosed with lung cancer earlier this year. She went through chemo and radiation and went into remission. Earlier this month, the cancer came back and she was told it is not treatable. She was given only a few weeks to a couple months to live. That was my wake-up call. Even though I already KNEW it, it finally clicked that MY lifestyle choices can and will negatively affect and even take away my LIFE! I am prime for diabetes, stroke, heart attack, and cancers... ALL BECAUSE OF MY WEIGHT AND LIFESTYLE (bad foods and no activity).

Shortly after this horrible news about my aunt, I was watching television. I saw a young and fit couple riding bikes together, kayaking together, and running together. I felt another *click* inside me. My fit, healthy, and active husband is getting the raw end of the deal. I get to look and hold this muscular, gorgeous man and all he gets is an unhappy, obese, and tired person in return. I am denying him his desire to be active with a fit and healthy spouse. I am also denying my children the BEST me I can be!

Wow... I feel so goood. I finally hit rock bottom, and am now on my way up. It feels great to KNOW that I will be fit and healthy from here on out! I have joined an adult lyrical dance class (cross between jazz, modern, and ballet) and I am loving the hour each week that I get to dance and move my body... I suck and I am the worst dancer in the class, but I still love it. I am going to LIVE my life instead of planning a life for "when I get thin."

Candy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Very inspirational Candy!! You can do this...and you have the right attitude to do it.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You Go Girl !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #4  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

I'll say VERY inspirational. WTG
Melissa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #5  

This really inspired me! You are so very right on!!! Thanks for this!
Alaskansonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:35 PM   #6  

your a wonderful inspiration. thanks for the good read!
stephanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/210/145

Height: 5'4

Hey Candy,
I have missed talking with you. I know I am not on atkins but I am going through the same weight loss path. You know you are worth this. I feel the same about the hubby and kids but Candy deserves better than this. Candy is worth the huge effort. I am here for you anytime you want to talk. You are a success because you had a two day hump and have not let that ruin everything. You go girl is right.
Much Support,
Vicki
Vicki in Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote