Old 06-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Skinny...thanks so much for the info about your eliptical. I need a cardio I can do at home when its too cold, too hot, too rainy! Or when my knee doesnt feel like walking!

Green Tea~ I was drinking 2-4 cups a day back in January (fell out of the habit) and I noticed a difference in my skin(for the better)...but thats about it. I think I might make an iced green tea this afternoon...thanks for reminding me
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

Leenie:

Kel: Thanks for the advice. I can't seem to get myself into the habit of small meals, though I know it'd probably be better for me. I try to eat decent for the 3 meals I do eat....but sometimes fall short on lunch. Sounds like your weather is worse than ours. Try to stay cool...and we make lots of sandwiches in this heat.

SAS: Thanks for the information. I used to have a treadmill and didn't feel like I was doing anything. Now doubt I could talk DH into buying me an eliptical. lol. And sorry, I don't drink green tea so can't give an opinion on it.

Robin:

Well, I discovered the disadvantage to getting up at 8:00 (not sure how I'm able to do that. Maybe it's the later time I'm staying up?)...and that's I eat breakfast later...which means a later lunch. Which makes me not very hungry for supper. So either I need to eat more mini-meals before supper...or get up earlier. Good thing--got 1/2 of my water in and my exercise. WOOHOO!! 2 days in a row!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #18  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Robin,
I have a precore and love it. It was pricey but I have had it for almost 5 years, still use it and have had almost no issues with it. It is a comon gym brand (although we have a home version) and there are plenty of people that can fix it. (2 service calls in 5 years) I like it so much better than a treadmill and this was the brand where weight was not an issue. Some have a max wight capacity (motor stress) My DH is a "big guy" and he uses it too.

Hope this helps you.?.
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #19  
Lovin' Life

Yes it does L, thanks so much. Dh and I are going to start looking (seriously)next week.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #20  
Owned by Dixie

Robin,
My other advice is to go to the store, sneakers and shorts on, and get the best you can afford. I know the price has gone up on a lot of thease as they become more popular. Also a referb from s gym might be available too...
be well,
-L
Old 06-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #21  
The Princess O' Pets

OMG I had the worst headache today, I barely made it thru work. It was one of those horrible getting off sugar headaches! Yuck whatta killer. I messed up lunch cause I couldn't get thru work w/o having something to eat.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #22  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Nothing much is new. Eating is good lately but the weekends are a challenge.

How's everyone today ?

Look at the cute smilies --->

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #23  
Baby Steps

Morning everyone Hope you're all doing well and on program! It's cool again outside today so might actually put capris on instead of shorts. Feel dang good but trying to resist the temptation of stepping on the scale until WI day (Saturday). Hoping for at least a 2 pound loss this week seeing how I'm doing so well and exercising to boot. Would be nice to make my 4th of July challenge!! That would be a GREAT start!! I ate a few nuts for a snack last night but otherwise was completely OP. And at least the nuts were better than ice cream so still considering that a good thing. Not induction-wise..but I'm happy with it
Old 06-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #24  
The Princess O' Pets

Hello ladies, I hope today will be better than yesterday!!! I know it will. Yesterday I was like an emotional roller coaster, had a horrible day at work, had a horrible headache, found out one of my best friends had a miscarriage in almost her 12th week, fought with my husband and did some emotional eating (not as bad as I could've been) but still bad.

Well today is another day!! I hope everyone else is doing well!!! I am off to exercise.

TG
Old 06-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #25  
Owned by Dixie

TG, sorry such a bad day yesterday, prayers to your friend, not so easy to get through.

Packing for older boy to go to camp. He leaves here tomorrow night
Been to the orthodontist this morning I wonder what that is going to cost! the chiropractor for the kids, they are growing so fast and my kids Dr. thinks it is good to keep the spine aligned to help with growth. grabed a quick cup of coffee too and now we have a friend over for a playdate. I want to go to the book store and let the kids use some of their gift cards to procure a few of the summer reading books they need.

School is out, the weather sucks and I need a nap! No walk for me today, it will be the eliptical again....

be well,
-L
Old 06-15-2005, 12:22 PM   #26  
Lovin' Life

TG~ thoughts and prayers for your friend. I hope you have a better day today

Brenda~ sounds like your getting back into the swing of things. Good job!

L~ sounds busy at your place, enjoy your day

Im still op, but ate sausages last night for supper, and I woke with one of those carb hangovers. Must have been from the salt, thats the only thing I can think of. So today Im cranky, and everything is a bit more creaky in the joints. Very strange!! Ive eaten pretty good so far today, had my water, and some green tea ice tea Hopefully this I'll be able to shake this yucky feeling in a couple hours.

Have you ever noticed when your eating right, your hair looks beautiful, but on days like today it does what it wants and its nothing like the way you want it to look?????

We are off to some friends condo this afternoon. Should be a nice change of pace to visit with them for a while.

Thats about it in my little corner of the world, have a great day ladies
Old 06-15-2005, 10:30 PM   #27  
The Princess O' Pets

Thanks for all th good thought guys, I did have a better eday today. My friend is doing well, she is sad but is ready to try again, the doctors say everything is fine and she can try again in a couple months. The doctor said that this happenes alot with 1st pregnancies and that people go on to have prefectly healthy babies after. i told he to belive that I got pregnant with my son 1 month after i had a miscarriage, and now have 2 boys. So that made her feel better too.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #28  
Baby Steps

Thursday:
I get confused of where I've left off from people adding onto this thread.

TG: Sorry to hear about your friend. Glad she's doing better now!
Everyone else: I'll try to manage to keep up from now on.

Well, another day OP. WOOHOO!! Not sure what the scale had said when I officially re-started AGAIN. But I've lost the 3 pounds it said last week. So I'll accept that and be happy!!! It's my own fault and my weight NEVER should have gone up to begin with. I need to find low carb alternatives to what I love to eat in the summer. Found a shake recipe and even a root beer float. So if I'm REALLY desperate I'm going to do that. I need to find a LC cake recipe and LC cookies. But that'll be LATER. Right now I'm working on trying to be on strict induction. Works well until night time snack attack comes. I admit I've been eating LC candy. 2 pieces last night. I'm working on cutting it totally out. But at least it's LC!!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:22 AM   #29  
Owned by Dixie

Morning,
I have been out for my walk and trying to figure out what i can take for a day at 6 flags with my little man tomorrow.

Going to meet the dog breeder this afternoon and do a little packing for the weekend as I head out to western MA and take the kids to the toystore to pick out a gift for my new niece who little man and I will be going to see next week. Anyway i need to shower and get dressed.

Have a good one ladies...
-L
Old 06-16-2005, 11:45 AM   #30  

Good morning all! I'm not exactly OP as far as induction goes (a few too many carbs and I'm eating nuts), but the scale is still going down slowly but surely. That's a good thing, right?

TG: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I've suffered 2 miscarriages (one at 11 weeks) and 1 tubal pregnancy. Losing your unborn child is such an emotionally painful experience... But usually when a miscarriage happens, its because something wasn't quite right with the embryo in the first place. Now though, I have twins! I'm sure the same will happen with your friend (well, maybe not the twins part, but a nice healthy baby!)

Brenda: It sounds like you're doing great staying OP. Good for you! I'd love to have your shake recipe! What I really miss most is my morning smoothies. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Robin: What is a carb hangover? I've never heard of that, but it sounds pretty miserable! Was it salt or carbs that did it to you?

Okay ladies, have a terrific day and DRINK YOUR WATER!
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote