Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - June 4th and 5th

Good Morning Ladies

How are things in LC world ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Enjoy your weekend!!!

Well, have decided if I'm going to do this I've got to do it the RIGHT way. That means I've got to start from induction, flip out the book to remember WHY I started this WOE to begin with (and to see how to get past the slumps), and get off my lazy tush and exercise. I think I've talked DH into getting bikes. So hopefully we can do that this weekend and start riding Tomorrow is the chicken bbq and so have decided that I'm going to allow myself that meal and then back to induction on Monday. I'm going to dig out the swimming suit I WANT to get into this summer...and hang it on the door as a reminder. Hmm....how weird would it look to hang it from the fridge??
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning Leenie

Dh and I got back last night, and its nice to go away, but its soooooooo nice to sleep in your own bed!! We had a good time, made some great contacts and spent wayyy too much money. Its amazing how much money sign cd packages can cost. But we have some really cool stuff......so if you want cool graphics on your car, I know a great sign guy!!

We are off to watch dh's granddaughter do her testing for tae kwon do this morning, she's only 7 and just a peanut but she loves this stuff, and she's so cute at it. Today she tests for her first belt....the white one

Eating is still off, but Im ready to start over again. Soon!!

Have a great day.....I need to get movin!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Brenda, you snuck in on me
Old 06-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Robin: You snuck in on me. Glad you had a great time! The granddaughter sounds adorable!! Hope she does well!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

lol she did!! She was so proud, and struck a threatening pose for us when we took pictures! Too cute.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #7  
Chubbles

Hello ladies! today is day 4 of induction for me! Only problem is, I don't think I bought enough food at the store to last until my next paycheck...I accidently bought some beans and stuff that are high in carbs, so i gotta trash em Wish the grocery store would take things back! haha I'm thinking of calling my mother, who has been bugging me for 6 months to go on a diet, I bet she can help out and buy me some veggies and meat It is hard to shop for a whole new kind of food...I didn't guage how much I would eat in 2 weeks, which is hard in the first place, but esp when you are eating brand new kinds of food. I'm thinking of going out and buying some vitamins today, I would like to start exercising soon, but want to make sure I'm getting all the nutrients my body needs.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

If you are talking about canned beans, you probably can take them back if you still have the receipt. Fresh grean beans are pretty low in carbs so you can probably use them. When I went low carb I put all my unopened high carb stuff in a box and donated it to the local food bank.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #9  
Chubbles

no, they were frozen black eyed peas and lima beans...also canned refried beans...all high in carbs! But yes I need to pick up some green beans
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #10  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys! It's just me..popping in...I would like to get to know you all a little more before I start my Induction (6/13) -- I have some news for all you "animal lovers" out there...my family and I just picked out our puppy today!!! I get to bring her home on 6/25--a Scottish Terrier female...we are naming her Charlotte! She is a beauty. We put her down payment down for her...and just are counting the days until we get her. Hey, that's a goal for me too...6/25 is only 12 days after the start of my Induction...maybe I can be down a few pounds for her to see me again?? hehe!!! She and I just locked eyes and she nuzzled me right away. She is only 5wks old now..have to wait until she is 8wks old...and she is a tiny little all-black angel. My kids, husband, parents, cat (yeah) can't wait to get her!!

I hope everything is going well for you all. I am starting to cut this caffeine addiction...Any other coffee addicts out there?? Any "recovering" coffee addicts have any support for someone trying to do a "clean induction" and cut the coffee? I may not be able to cut it out totally..but I would like to get down from my 8+ cups a day..black!

Okay, talk to you all later!!!
Sarah
SarahLL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Hiya Sarah and welcome.....I have to tell you coffee is the one thing I didnt give up on Atkins. I just couldnt. It was my one indulgence a day. I went from a pot and a 1/2 of coffee down to max 4 cups a day. (big cups mind you, but still)

Anyway, welcome to the board and congrats on your new puppy!!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I love my coffee too. I limit myself to one cup of cappucino in the morning which I make with carb countdown milk. If I have any more, it is decaf.

Congrats on the puppy, they are a lot of work. I have 2 dogs-a golden retriever and a yellow lab (my boys).
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #13  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

From the good (the puppy) to the horrible...my uncle just passed away...it was coming, we all knew that...but, it hit me like a ton of bricks when my father told me...he and my mom were up there with my uncle and my aunt...it was peaceful I heard...I am so upset though.

It is funny how days can be good and then bad all in one day ya know???

-Sarah-
SarahLL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Told DH about my plans for starting fresh and he kind of just rolled his eyes. GRRR. So much for support. Then again, that's what happens when a person KEEPS saying it. But I know I have to get back on track if I'm EVER going to get this weight off. He was kind of crabby today so I'm not even going to talk to him about that or bikes Still looking around the house to see where I can downsize stuff. Looking forward to the girls being out of school so they can help me. The cleaning is going to be exercise! Well, belly is full of carbs so I'm tired....so time for bed.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Sorry to hear about your Uncle.....Your family is in my prayers!