Tuesdays Cluck 5/3

• Ok. Did that spit test. GROSS. So now I'm going to cut down on not only my soda (drinking only water today. Or maybe a glass or 2 of LC tea), but cutting my cheese intake in half....and my processed meat (dang, bye bye venison sausage!!) I also had been eating a lot of nuts for snacks.....so that's totally cut out. We'll see how this goes for 2 weeks. Have to go to the store for lettuce. It's going to be my lunch. lol
    Hope you all have a great day!!

PS. Found my Atkins book WAYYYYY back in the drawer. Guess that'll teach me to not pull it all the way out. Thanks for the offer though Ruthxxx!!!
  • Glad you found it Brenda. Did you happen to find my gold watch way back in there? I swear we have gremlins in this house!

Yesterday we had sun, rain, fog, hail and a rainbow. I wish the darn weather would settle down and decide to be Spring! Today is going to be cold (hight of 48ºF) but I hope to be able to do some gardening. I was ahead for a while but am lagging now.

Have a super low carb day.
  • So Brenda: Did the test come out positive for yeast? And you can have so much more than just lettuce you silly girl! Get some chicken and lay off that venison sausage!

Ruth: I keep an eye out for the watch We had a lot of rain last night but the sun is shining now. It is supposed to be a not bad week around here.....I'll take it though because the first weekly forcast was horrible!

Well, day one over with. I just can't believe it....when I was doing the low cal thing as I said I was starving all the time....did my first day of LC and I wasn't hungry. I ate yogurt for breakfast, piece of cheese mid morning, egg salad for lunch, pepperoni later and then dinner was chicken and a salad. I was fine all day! I can feel the fat just melting off me We shall see at the end of this week how I did. Would love to see this big old pot belly disappear I tell you!

Well, got to start getting some work done...will check in later.
  • Ruth: Nope, no watch back there but I'll wait to see if the gremlins in my house drop it off. Don't ya just hate those things? I wish they'd stick to stealing socks!

Jane: Glad to hear you're not hungry! I was saving the chicken for supper And yup, tested positive yeast. Not sure I can totally drop things out of my list of foods to eat (cheese especially. And venison sausage)....but it plan on cutting the cheese intake DOWN at least. And holding off on the sausage for a while.

We've got sunny skies (sure beats yesterday. And we fished in the cold! BRRR) and supposed to get into the 50's. I'm gonna hang jeans out and see if they'll dry. It's supposed to be warmer by the weekend. WOOHOO!!!! I can't seem to warm up lately!
  • Good Morning Girls,

Gremlins, spit tests and yeast, OH MY

• Good Morning!
    I agree Leenie

Its sunny out today but look quick!!! Because they are calling for snow today!!! On the up side, we are suppose to have sunny skies for the next 6 days!! Umhmmm, I'll believe that when I see it! No matter, I have my overalls on, and am ready to go digging in my garden again today Dh calls me his farmer girl with my overalls. For some reason, he gets the giggles when he sees me in these things

Alright, well I havent been op for 2 days, and I can feel it!!! My knee is irritated, and my face feels swollen again. So Im going to smarten up today! Ive found a few cottage cheese recipes that will act as sweets and chocolate for my cravings. If they turn out when I test them, I'll post them. One is suppose to taste like a butterfinger blizzard It always seems I go for chocolate and peanut butter when Im needing sugar. So we will see.

Have a great day ladies!
  • Quote: It always seems I go for chocolate and peanut butter when Im needing sugar.
    Robin! ME TOO!

Brenda - Try to cut the cheese totally out of your diet. read the section in the Atkins book on Yeast and it will tell you why. But the Mold in Cheese will continue to feed the yeast. The sugars in dairy do too. In order to kill the yeast you really do need to go cold turkey. Also, make sure you stay away from all Artificial Sweetners! They feed it too! Especially Splenda since it is made with Sugar.

I know it is a hard way to eat, Im only on day 7 and the cravings havent totally disappeared, but I truly believe I can do anything for 6-8 weeks. If I can do it, you can too!

YAY JANE! I am so glad you are not hungry! LC will always be my choice of eating!

Ruth - Your gremlins are here too! I am always missing socks!

Good Morning Leenie!

As for me, I am soooooooooooo..... sore. I lifted weights at the gym for the first time in a while and it shows. Good thing today is my day off. I teach a crochet class at Michael's this morning then come home to do my weekely blessing of my house, then leave to see my son's Art Gallery his class created at school, pick up dd at school, then off to the store for an hour to kill time since I have to go back to pick up DS from Chess club, then off to DD's Softball practice. Somewhere in there I need to fix dinner before DH and DD go to Dance. (They are doing a Daddy Daughter dance at the recital this weekend, Last practice!)

I am so looking forward to school ending next month. I need a break!
  • Leenie: Isn't it amazing what's showing up in our daily discussions?

Robin: Let us know how the recipes go...I sure could go for a butterfinger blizzard right about now! lol

Karen: That Daddy/Daughter dance sounds SO precious!!! You're very luck your DH will do something like that. Mine wouldn't. Umm...I'm not quite ready to cut all that out of my system yet. lol. Can we say denial? I won't hold it against you in a couple weeks if you say "told you so"

Well, this salad tastes surprisingly good for lunch I just have to remember to eat until I'm FULL....not STUFFED. Basically I'm starting from scratch (Luckily not from my original weight, though! Thank GOD!!! ) in the eating department...pretending I never was on Atkins before and giving it the "2 week trial" I told myself a year ago. The "Ok, it says give 'em 2 weeks...Ok, after that doesn't work I'll resign myself to being overweight" speech. ONWARD!!!!
  • I just got back from the grocery store, and I think I have everything. Im going to try it for my lunch....be back later
  • Alright, this was AWESOME!! In all honestly though, I dont know how it compares to the real one, because Ive never been a butterfinger fan, until they came out with the butterfinger crisp.

So here it is...it certainly does the trick for the chocolate peanut butter urges!!

Butterfinger Blizzard

3/4 cup cottage cheese (I used ff)
    2 3/4 cups cold water
    1/4 cup dry oatmeal
    2-3 tbsp ff ss chocolate pudding(I put 3, but will try 2 next time)
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    3-4 ice cubes

Blend away until it looks nice and smooth.

My notes....I also added 1 tsp vanilla, simply because I figured if it was being made with vanilla icecream, it would have vanilla in it. I also added 1 tsp splenda just incase the cottage cheese wasnt hidden enough for me. It was delicious.

Im sure it would be just as good if you didnt put any oatmeal in it, just reduce some of the water.

This makes one serving, and its quite big. Enjoy....I did
  • Just a quick hello from me as I'm at work.

Good luck to you guys on that minimalistic diet - if it makes you feel better then it's worth it. (I would get bored fast and then blow it big time) I just need to take babysteps and try to change habits. My mind does a major job on me if i try to say stuff like "I can't eat X anymore." I have to trick myself into good things. Denying myself things just backfire on me. Substitutions, non-food rewards,etc. are the way to go for me.

It's a wonderful warm day today with clear skies but we are supposed to cloud up some later and chance of rain for next couple days.

Hey, do any of you watch Third Watch? Do you know why the series is ending? I'm going to miss it. I think there are only a couple more episodes.

Oh! I've got a couple interesting prospects (well one is interesting the other is kinda bleh) on E-Harmony - I'll keep ya posted! (I know - I'm the only one really interesting in my potential love life *sigh* - even my boys just roll their eyes - lol)

Have a good day all - I've got dinner in the crockpot at home so we can eat good food after the baseball game tonight. Maybe that means I won't grab a handful of junk when I 1st hit the door? Hmmm, we will see.

Kel
  • Good Luck to your e-harmony dating Kel!! I met my dh in yahoo personals. You just never know where your going to finally meet Mr Right.
  • Robin: Wonder how many carbs were in that? Sounds YUMMY!!

Kel: Definitely keep us posted!

I need to measure and find out how much water fits into this glass. That way I know pretty much how many of these suckers I have to swallow (and pee out) in a day Grilling chicken (boneless, skinless) breasts today....I can't wait!! Yummy!! That and a salad. You know....I'm not hungry. Just realised that But I'm still going to eat...just make myself a smaller salad and cut the chicken breast in half. If I'm still hungry going to add the other half. Will also skip the cheese today. Maybe every other day eat a piece w/my salad. We'll see. WOOHOO! I'm on a roll!
  • Hello all,
    Nice to meet some of you, hello to my chickie friends.

I am out in Deerfield for my second auction! Can't believe it is here! Doing well last Saturday at the kids school went very well. A fun Hollywood party with look a likes. Made it more fun.
    We raised a ton of money and I have 2 other schools thinking about hireing me! WOO HOOO!
    I have to run, get a little wok done. I have all of the gift certificates to get into envelopes tonight! A good chore while watching TV.

-L
  • L - You are becoming a 'must-have' in the auction world!!! Congrats!

Kel