Old 02-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - Feb 19th and 20th

Good Morning and Happy Saturday Everyone !!

Watcha all got planned for the weekend ?

DD had another fever the other day so this weekend will be spent inside resting so she can shake what ever it was that we had.

Some sad sad news hit our family the other day. My husband's brother is batteling throat cancer, and now they found out he has stomach cancer this is the 2nd brother my husband will lose before they turn 55 years old. My poor poor MIL. So please Pray for Edna, Bobby and their family. THanks Chickies.

Whats shakin w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #2  

Good Morning Leenie: Hope that you DD feels better soon! So sorry to hear about your BIL! That is sad for everyone involved, especially your MIL. My mother was the 2nd child that my grandma lost. Both losses were very sudden. It has to be the hardest thing in the world to loose a child. I will be praying for all of you!

Well, nothing much new here. SOSDD! Miss Emma-Grace definately has her days and nights mixed up! She sleeps so good during the day, and then wants to stay up at night! I've been trying to sleep some when she does during the day. She's such a good baby. She doesn't cry at night, just wants to stay up looking around! Before I had her I was a night owl, so guess she's just like her mommy Me and DH decided that for a little while I will be a stay at home mom! She'll be 6 weeks old next Friday, and so I would be released then from the Dr. to go back to work! I just am not ready to leave her yet. Plus, I am very picky and don't have anyone that I trust to keep her. I may tell my job that I will fill in on weekend nights whenever they need someone. That way DH can keep her and I can work a little. DH has a good job, and so we can afford for me to stay at home. I just like having my own spending money! I am so grateful that he is giving me the opportunity to stay at home with her! He actually suggested it. He said as long as we can swing it he would like me to stay with her. He says he don't worry when she's with me, and would be worried about her if she was with anyone else!

Well, time to make some bottles as the little one will be ready to eat soon. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Nothing much planned here. Out to dinner tonight and then to church tomorrow.
Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:36 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope your wee one is feeling better soon. Isn't whatever this is hard for them to shake? My youngest is having a hard time also! Sorry to hear about your BIL. My prayers are with all of you!

Lisa: Oh that's so great that you get to stay home! And I hear you on it being hard to find someone you can trust to watch them.

Well, I bowled GREAT last night!! I didn't stay OP though. Too much alcohol (didn't get drunk-but neither shot nor Smirnoff was LC), but hey, maybe that is why I bowled good. lol. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow. 3-5 inches. ICK!!
I finally got a picture of my ring
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ring.jpg (4.5 KB, 48 views)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Thanks Ladies

Lisa, I remember fearing Grace (my dd) sleeping during the day rather than at night b/c I too had to go to work after 6 months. She didn't mix up her day/night, but I do remember thinking some times boy, I wish she would sleep during the day so I could either clean or sleep myself LOLOL. They say to keep them stimulated during the day as much as possible, meaning radio, tv, etc. Then at night keeping the lights as low as possible. I weaned Grace off of the lights by the time she was 4 months old. We went from a night light to me putting things in front to block the light, to eventually pitch black. Your brain creates chemicals that are vital, and the only way your brain creates it is to sleep in the dark. I would sneak in her room to check on her w/a barbie flash light LOLOL. Enjoy staying home w/her, they grow soooooo fast.

Brenda the ring is beautiful !!! 3 - 5" of snow ICK PHOOOIE ICK!!! I hope it doesn't come our way, yuck. I am so ready for spring...can't you tell LOLOLOLOL. I can't wait to sit on my patio and watch the kids play in the yard. Have people over for BBQ's, etc.... I can't wait to plant my garden. Snow PHOOOIOEIEIEIEIIEIE. lololol.
Whats shakin ? how's the girls ?

Ciao'
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:23 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Oh yah...Spring can't come fast enough. We're getting hit with snow. BLECH! I was itching for warmer weather. I want to grill out also! The girls are doing ok. Youngest is still trying to fight off that cold/flu/sinus thing. UGH! How's your DD? She staying away from the bug now? And you? I always said DH has great taste in jewelry You should see all the other rings he's chosen. Of course, he's trying to say the NEXT one he gets me is going to be double that size OH NO!!! Can you imagine double that on my finger?? Wouldn't look right I don't think. lol

Nothing going on today. Making up for what I ate yesterday. Discovered a sure-fire way to get myself tired....eat tons of carbs. I ate some Dorito's...then a couple nutter butters and by the time we got home I wanted a nap. Layed down and slept for TWO hours!!! But I felt better. So now I'm going to try and make up for what I ate by behaving. DH is making venison sausage so I'll have snacks
Old 02-20-2005, 11:12 AM   #6  
"Just call me Princess":)

Well hello there ladies!! Sorry I didn't join in yesterday. I was busy from the time I woke up, and then by the evening I was pooped.

My cold is NOT any better--actually alot worse, as now I am loosing my voice. Grrr! And I am a big time talked so Amber and Jo are just laughing at me. He's like let's make Mommy say something--and of course since she's four she thinks its hysterical. I don't. LOL. I rented Shall we Dance? last night. I didn't really like it tell you the truth. It was boring. But I do love Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon. BUT I hated how they made her look, like an old lady. She just looked terrible, and of course Jennifer Lopez can not act. LOL. I may have been over critical because I felt so bad, but hmmm!

Today is homework day. Yaaay. We need a second computer, Jo and I both go to school-so its hard when we both have major assignments due. Oh well. We will have to make due with what we have, and thank God.

Brenda--Woooo! That ring is beautiful! I am blinded by the sparkle, lol.

Leenie-Sorry to hear about your BIL, I will be sure to include him and your family in my prayers.

Lisa-You are so lucky to be able to stay home with her. Take advantage of this, if you can afford it, do it. Just at least for a few months, or even her first year. When I had Amber, I had a c-section (let's all say ooooooooooooooooooucccccccccccch), and then complications to my c-section reopening (I was so active, and would not just stay put)==anyways I ended up out for twelve weeks. The BEST 12 wks I will say. I enjoyed everything. I was very lucky as well, that my job was down the street from my MOm's. And that My Mom was not as sick as she is today, so she was able to take care of her while we worked. Which was great, who better than grandma to take care of her you know? I was very Blessed in that way. As for the sleeping through the night. You have to wake her up in the day time honey. You have to get her in a pattern. Lots of loud noises, vaccuums-music-tv-whatever. Read to her, sing to her. Play with her little toys in front of her. If she takes one good nap, then that's okay. BUT you want her to stay up. Then at night, do the same routine every night. You have to bathe her (or wash her up with a nice warm washcloth), turn the lights low, do your little singing while she eats (do the same song, it worked for Amber) and then she will eventually get it, oh it's sleepy time. Amber used to sleep 6 hrs straight. Which is not the entire night, but I was able to rest. When she was just weeks old, she slept allllllllllll day...and alll night. She was so lazy,lol. Now she is just a big ole sugar cube of energy.

Welll ladies...gotta go be a scholar now. Love ya!
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Julia: Sorry to hear you're not better. You need to slow down before you make yourself so sick that you CAN'T do a thing! And then where will ya be??

Well, my intentions to be good went out the window. But tomorrow is a brand new day. Oh....DH's sister called. She asked him to stand up in her wedding (April 8th. lol. NOT this year we discovered. lol).....and what did he say? I'll think about it. Is he going to? He says no. So what does that mean? Major conflict in the family again--only this time it's not ME who started it I'm sure his family will be PO'd cuz he's not standing up. And I'm sure they'll blame me. So what else is new, eh? Time for my carb-crazed body to hit the bed. Tomorrow it's headache-ville (going carb-free sucks in that respect.) and sluggishness. So I'm going to need all the ZZZ's I can get.