Old 02-17-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat 2/17

Well, the worst is over. Now today I get to wait for the phone to ring letting me know how dads' test went. If they find blockage, they might try that balloon trick they do (to open blocked veins). Youngest DD woke up with a very bad headache so I gave her a couple Tylenol and sent her back to bed. Told her I'd check on her in a couple hours and if the headache was gone I'd take her to school. I Could use a nap myself!!! Oldest DD has GS today so it'll be another long day. Good thing is I don't have to come home make supper---DH does that. Eyes are still crappy but I'm surviving.
Hope you all have a great day!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Brenda, I hope your Dad's results are mild and what ever they have to do, it is gentle. Hugs!!!

Boss man is out today, but I've got so much work to do. I am honestly looking around the plant for another job. I don't think this is gonna work out.

Whats up with everyone ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning!!!
B- glad to see you are hanging in there, hope all is well with your Dad!!

Hi Leenie!!!

Well I am doing well on my new modified diet and getting in exercise is going well to. Took the kids to the Library last night and then worked on getting stuff together for the taxes to be done today...urgh.....I should be more organized!!!

Have a great day!!

Love Tg
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Are you just busier because of the new boss or because things have picked up at your job? Hope you find something you like better either way

TG: I'm lucky and our taxes are easy enough to do that I do them myself. Have fun w/that. I don't think any NORMAL person can be THAT organised when it comes to tax stuff. THAT should just be a sin. lol

Well, I'm up from a couple hour nap. Didn't sleep, just layed down and rested. My eyes still feel like crap, but I no longer feel sick to my stomach and am actually thinking I could/should eat something.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #5  
"Just call me Princess":)

Goodmorning girlies!!

I feel like someone just ran me over with a freight train. My entire body aches, yet I am here at work--miserable. I am going home after lunch if I don't feel any better, then at least they can't say I didn't try, right? Right.
Amber brought this cold/flu/junk home a few days ago and then all she wants to do is sleep with us when she feels badly, grrr.

B- Use ice cold cucumbers for your eyes, it will bring down the puffiness. Plus its a great excuse to just lay down and do nada.

Hi Leenie Hope works gets better. Whats the problem with the bossman? Do u need us to send him a nasty email, jk?

TG--So what excercises are you going to be doing ? I am doing the elipitical, and then working on my most problem areas with the weights for definition while I loose.

Anyways ladies....I am doing really well with the diet. I made some "potatoe" soup, but instead of the potatoes, I used cauliflower. It tasted sooooo yummilicious, omg.

Anyways...talk to ya soon!!!
Love, Julia
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:24 PM   #6  

Almost forgot...

B-My mom had that balloon thingie done a few weeks before Christmas for an artery in her heart, or near it--and its quick and easy and harmless. It fixes the problem. So my prayers are with your Dad and your family.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Julie: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon! I keep forgetting to try and make things with cauliflower instead of potatoes. Never thought to try to make stew that way. I'm SOOO hungry for beef stew!!!

Well, got an email from my sis. Turns out mom hasn't called because she wanted to talk to the doctor first. He has blockage in BOTH legs. They're not doing the balloon thingy. So now she's waiting to talk to the doc to find out when they're scheduling the surgeries. Yup, they don't do both legs at once. So he's going to have to go through this twice. ARGH!!!! So now I'm waiting to hear how THAT goes. Then I'm taking off those 2 days.
On a happy note...the ring DH got me for Valentines day is now in and ready for me to go pick up. They needed to re-size it and solder it together. I can't wait to get it! At least one bright sunshiney spot on my life!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #8  

OOOH Brenda details on the ring....come on, we all want to drool!!
Don't worry your Dad will be okay. At least they have caught it on time u know.

My "potatoe" soup a la cauliflower taste sooo yummy. Man. I didn't count all the carbs, but not really too much. I used chicken broth-and water instead of milk like my recipe calls, but it still tasted great. Used an extra chicken boullion. Tons of green veggies too, and of course the cheese. Its very good. I have been doing pretty well for my first week back. Actually my first REAL day was yesterday. So today is good, I have to keep remembering to drink water. Mmmm water!

Well girlies...everyone is quiet. I have to run one last report this pm. I am still feeling like poop BUT I am in such a good mood, don't ask. lol.

Julia
Old 02-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

*sigh* don't ask?...have we NOT already been over this with you during the "apple jimmy-shoo" incident??? of COURSE we're gonna ask!

Had my bi yearly evaluation today so thats out of the way-woot!
now time for the weekend and up to the beach....you girls have a good one, feel better and Brenda- dont worry, I had one of my legs done when I was in my 20's....lots of little incisions but fairly tolerable....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:01 PM   #10  

LOL....

You know when you get one of those emails or calls that leave you smiling all day long...that's what I had. One of those.

Anyways...

ooh the beach!! I live in AZ last time I was at the beach was Labor Day weekend when we took Amber to California for the first time. Beautiful memories.

Anyways....my day at work is almost over. Had this lady crying in the office, I felt so sad for her I cried with.

Ok ladies...laters!!! J