3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Thursday Chat 2/3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/52932-thursday-chat-2-3-a.html)

lady_adnerb 02-03-2005 08:08 AM

Thursday Chat 2/3

Well, looks like oldest DD won't be going to school. She claims to not feel well. I think it's because she has a math assignment that she has no clue how to do...so it's not done. Told her that playing sick to avoid a class won't work...because she'll have to make it up either way. So DH is on 2nd shift so he gets to deal with her. But looks like no Girl Scout meeting for her!!! Another day of not stepping on the scale. Decided I didn't want the disappointment. So I'll wait until Saturday. I'm sure the scale hasn't moved (for some reason. I've been OP!!!) and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've managed to lose this 5 pounds before w/out exercise why can't I now? GRRR. To top it off I'm getting a headache and a slight sore throat. No airborne in sight around this area. So looks like whatever I'm getting....I'll get :( I'm hoping it's just sinuses draining. Time will tell

Theo'sgirl 02-03-2005 10:25 AM

B- hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel!!!

Good morning,

I wish this cold would leave me!!!! My eating has been horrible yesterday and all I feel like eating is crackers and toast, banana, all the bland stuff since my tummy has been feeling sucky! I am hoping to feel better today, I stomached beef jerky this morning so that is a good start. I really want to get to the gym too!! But can't go when I am coughing so much. AWH man being ick sucks!

The article on the Golden shot was enlightening to say the least!! I was doing 20 carbs and strict induction and after the water weight was gone......didn't loose a thing!! I will have to re-think how I am going to do this. I started journaling too. I want to try to identify some triggers that get me eating. So I am starting on that for now!!
Hope everyone has a great LC day!

marie. 02-03-2005 01:38 PM

Hey girls! ( women? ladies?...whats politically correct....me, I prefer "hot chick")

Brenda- isn't it funny how the DD's can fall into that....Mac loves school but if she gets sick ( she had strep 2 weeks ago) it's really hard to get her going again...she thinks she needs to stay home "just one more day".....hmmmm, wonder if it could have anything to do with a Daddy who works from home and will play x-box and eat ice cream all day with her) :lol:

TG-Gosh a yucky tummy is the worst! I'd rather have anything else.....dont know about you, but my big downfall is failing to plan....If I dont have a specific thing in the house Im all too easily persuaded to "start again tomorrow"...so I end up going to the store everyday! ( makes me feel so...parisian! ;) )

Well, back on day 2 of scarsdale again....2 pounds off of the 4 I gained back that 8 days I lost my mind....except for the between meals restrictions, this plan works pretty ood!

Good day and OP wishes to everyone

lady_adnerb 02-03-2005 02:09 PM

TG: Hope you start to fel better soon!!! Don't worry about the eating. I think working on getting better is always the first step! Eating will fall into place when you're feeling up to snuff.

Marie: Heya hot chick :lol: I don't plan what I'm going to eat. Most of what's in this house is legal now so I don't have to worry about it. All the non-legal stuff is classfied as kid food. So I don't eat it (mac & cheese, etc).

Well, still feeling kind of punky. I'm going to lay down for a while. Got replies back from the 3 teachers of oldest DD's I emailed about her grades. A couple I just was checking in to make sure nothing needed attention...the other was because she's getting a D and I wanted to know what she could do to get it raised. Got information even DD had forgot about...so I'm hoping that means she'll kick it in gear and get the grades back up. I'm thinking a salad & chicken breast for supper. Not really hungry but I'm going to eat while still "up". If I'm going to go down w/the flu or a cold, I probably won't feel much like eating (one can hope) which isn't good either. Anyway, still OP. So this is a record for me. "feel" skinnier but haven't touched the scale (another record) and won't.
WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE??

RobinW 02-03-2005 03:12 PM

Im here :wave:

I hope you bypass what ever bug is starting with you Brenda! Im still fighting the fatigue that is left over from what ever I had.

TG~ keep taking the airborne!! and your vitamins, and lots of water!! I hope your feeling better soon too!!

Marie~ sounds like a good reason to want to stay home another day to me!! :lol:

Just got back from coffee and grocery shopping. Dh is off today :cb: so we get to spend more time together. Picked up lots of fish....so its salmon tonight. There is another sale at a corner market about a block from here, and they have lots of pork and beef items on sale, so that will be my next stop, so I can stock up on that stuff. It certainly makes finding something for supper easier when something is in the fridge or freezer. I cant do like you Marie, unless its veggies and such....I get to the grocery store, and I havent a clue what I want and end up leaving with nothing. This way I can plan in the morning or the night before and I dont get myself into a panic because I dont have (legal)food ready.

Well, Im off for my walk before it starts to rain.

Have a great day everyone!
Robin :wave:

lady_adnerb 02-03-2005 10:24 PM

Robin: Enjoy your shopping!!

Well, I messed up a bit. Ate about 1/4 C of grape nuts. THey looked SOO good. I had some half & half on it w/3 packets of splenda. YUMMY! I know I shouldn't have, but I also figure...it could have been worse. Could have been a candy bar or chocolate cake. At least I ate something "healthy"...right? Well, I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm actually feeling pretty good about myself right now. mainly because I've managed to stay OP and I FEEL great. I FEEL skinnier. Not that bloated, mixed up person. So I'm REALLY hoping that I'm motivated enough to stay OP for longer periods of time w/no slacking. Sure, a bowl of grape nuts isn't exactly low carb....but I'm still considering myself on the good side :)