Old 01-29-2005, 06:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - January 29th and 30th

Good Morning Atkins Chicks

Its freakin freezing out today, I think as of 5 am this morning it is 6 degrees out

DD woke us up this morning, bright and early, 4:30 am. So here I sit lololol.
Lets see. This week I had my Aunts wake and funeral, my wedding anniversary and I ate like crap and didn't exercise. So today I start over again.

10:00 am, I have to take DD to a make up dance class that we missed during the week and I'll probably take a nap later. My house is a reck, its so messy that the thought of cleaning it is overwhelming.

Whats everyone got planned for today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Take a break from the cleaning and just enjoy the day with your daughter My motto with housecleaning is: Why do it today when the mess'll be remade tomorrow?

Well, the concert was AWESOME!!! A tad hard of hearing today and got a major sore throat (really shouldn't have yelled so much). The opener was Ted Nugent. Which was pretty cool...except you couldn't tell he was singing. I had called DH so he could listen..but it was so loud I couldn't hear if he was on the phone..so I hung up after the first song. lol. Should have called him back. Well, after 1/2 hour he quit playing...we got our hearing back and an hour later TOBY KEITH came on stage. OMG what an awesome performer!! And we had GREAT seats. Not head on. We were like on the side, but we had this HUGE screen that showed EVERYTHING (front view) to the right of us so we didn't miss a thing. Definitely worth the money and I'd go again. I'm MAJORLY dissappointed that I didn't bring my camera. I was told we couldn't. But there were tons of people that had them. Oh well, live and learn. And the great news...we had take-out last night. What did I have?? Steak and veggies!! WOOHOO!! Managed to stay OP at least 1 day. 1 day at a time!!! We're off to go shopping Hope you all have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Leenie: You're in good company. How is it we let our homes get to the point where we can't even make a move to clean them -- the thought of starting is just too overwhelming!! A friend at work suggested a website called "FlyLady." She's supposedly supposed to help you get your life organized one little step at a time. Problem is.....I keep forgetting to check in and see what I'm supposed to be doing that day! LOL

Brenda: I green with envy, girl!!!! So glad you had a great time and WAY TO GO on the steak and veggies!!!

Well.....I've been bad, bad, bad, bad, bad lately....but I'm not giving up the ship yet. A WISE WOMAN gave me some good advice and has been there trying to help me over my slump. You know, there is more wisdom floating around this group than anyone could ever imagine. So....until I feel that I'm back on track and mentally "with it" 100%, the ticker is gone, I've temporarily removed myself from the Valentine's Challenge, and I'm concentrating on what I'm eating and not what's melting off my hips at the moment!

Well, I'm off to take DD to softball practice and later I will attempt to tidy my desk area. Oh JOY!!!! Wouldn't Fly Lady be proud???!?!?!?!?
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Brenda~ Im glad you had a good time!

Leenie~ happy cleaning (I hate that job) Happy Anniversary too

Sped~ Ive checked out flylady, and she's too stringent for me my house is clean, but not flylady clean

We ended up spending last night sitting in the emergency room. Dil put her back out and had to go. So we ended up sitting with 3 grandkids for 2 hrs in the waiting room...then brought them home because they hadnt eaten supper yet. Picked up dil at the hospital, then to the pharmacy, we didnt get home again until almost 11. Dh and I had a good sleep in, and everything seems to be back to normal. We are taking the grandkids bowling this afternoon, so I guess the drugs the dr gave dil are working fine, because she says she's fine enough to go with them. Some ppl just make me shake my head and bite bits of my tongue off!

So after we drop them off, its off to starbucks (can you tell we like that place?) read the paper, and relax until we have to pick them all up again. Then a walk in this wonderful sunshine, then maybe an afternoon nap with dh

I hope everyone has a great day....if you have sunshine where you are, enjoy it!!

Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 01-29-2005 at 11:19 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Paula: I've checked out FlyLady. I couldn't keep up with her. And I've actually not crazy about cleaning EVERY day, even if it is spot cleaning. I did get good advice from her. And that was: Start in one corner and make your way around the room to clean that way you're more organised in where you're cleaning. I'm a hodge-podge cleaner so I lose track of where I was cleaning. Which is why things don't get done. lol. And don't worry about the slipup. One day at a time....and remember we're in the learning phase!! And you're right,,,,,there ARE great and wise people on this site Don't forget to "shine your sink." lol.

Robin: Sorry to hear about DIL. Hope she's ok! And those pills the doc gave must have REALLY worked wonders if she could go bowling!!

Well, another day and another OP day WOOHOO!!! I might manage to get through this weekend after all. Now I've just got to get rid of the steamers (that's the high carb portion of my life lately. Legal...but too high in carbs) and I should be back on the weight loss track. Of course, counting this as a victory because there were no TRULY nasty carbfest (so far) so it's ONE STEP AT A TIME
Old 01-30-2005, 09:29 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

It's Sunday morning and I'm up and ready to roll. TOM has hit with a vengeance.I'm hoping that TOM doesn't get much worse than this. Otherwise I won't be eating much. Dang cramps! I need to get those heating pads out again I guess. I'm telling myself I can have a steamer ONLY if I promise myself to at least clean TWO rooms in the house PLUS after the DD vaccuum's I'm going to pull the clothes baskets into the living room and fold them. That way they're in THERE where EVERYONE can view THEIR clothes instead of on our bed where they seem to just get shoved off the bed again so we can sleep (Thanks DH!). I'm working on staying OP today. Have OP foods planned so it should be an EXCELLENT weekend Not expecting a weight loss due to TOM...but hey, a success to me right now is knowing I did things right. The weight'll come off eventually if I can keep THAT part up!
One day at a time ladies!!! STAY STRONG!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:07 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Afternoon

Brenda

Dh and I are spending a nice sunday together I'll be off for my walk after I have another cup of coffee. Then get supper together, I think a creamy chicken dish Im not sure. It will be chicken anyway

Have a great sunday!
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:25 PM   #8  
thin within

i hope y'all all had a great weekend. i've had a busy weekend, so busy that i am just now checking in before bedtime. hope y'all have a great week!
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:18 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Robin: Enjoy your chicken

Fullfig: Sorry to hear about the busy weekend. Maybe you won't have to work too hard during the week and you can rest then? Night.

I can't believe it...I actually made it the WHOLE weekend w/out cheating. Sure,I'm not below 20 grams of carbs...but I still consider it a success! So now I just need need to work on staying OP and then lowering the carb intake...then I should be on my way to getting this weight off! I'll make it...just take me longer. And that's ok. I'm learning tons on the way. For instance....I'm not drinking as much water as I need to be. Just realised that today. Dang lips are drier than a desert!! So it's off to drink another glass of water