Old 01-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #16  
Baby Steps

Jane: My favorite are chocolate chip cookies. I haven't made them in AGES cuz I know if I do I'll be scooping my fingers into the dough (yes, LOVE it raw)!!! DD's are getting jipped out of the cookie experience. lol. Occassionally I buy the ready made stuff (I'm not so tempted with that stuff). You'll get back on track soon And I don't know the answer to the yogurt question, sorry. But I'll be interested to find out

Lisa: I can't wait to hear the news!! Enjoy your rest while you can. After that baby's born you're going to wonder why you complained. lol. But that'll only last until the baby sleeps through the night (which if you're luck she will do right away)..then it's "oh isn't she CUTTEEEEE."

Lori: Maybe you shouldn't go back on induction. Maybe just LC instead? Maybe it's too limiting for you and that's why you're cheating??

TG: Enjoy the gym. WOOHOO@ day 3!!!!! Keep it going!!

Robin: Your weather sounds GREAT right about now. The temps are supposed to start dropping around here this afternoon. I'm wondering if they'll have school tomorrow w/it being so cold. We'll see.

Fullfig: Yup, you're remembered!!! I wish I had heard that trick w/the cabbage leaves after I gave birth to my 2nd DD. They no longer give you anything to dry you up. Man was THAT not fun!!!!

Liza: Don't worry about the carb count in the lozenges. The main goal is to get better THEN worry about the rest. Hope you're better soon!!

Well, went and picked up DH's venison (bacon & hot sticks) and after I get done checking in here, I plan on checking my email and then working out. I want to get at least the 3 mile WATP tape done. Neck is a little stiff now so I'm hoping it'll work itself out.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Good day!

Hi SugarCube - I don't think we've met properly...so...

fullfig - you're back! I remember you! Wow, I've never heard the cabbage thing!

Robin - we have lovely mild weather as well, but rain. But, they're predicting a major drop in temperature over night - too bad, I love these mild temperatures.

TG - Back to the gym for me, too! Lower body for me today. The leg machines always make me SWEAT!

Jane - I often will splurge slightly off plan and have yoghurt. I've found a brand up here that has about 8g of carbs per servings, so it's not so bad if I"m careful with carbs for the rest of the day. As for the peanut butter cookies - they probably wouldn't be so bad if you used Splenda instead of sugar - then it's basically just peanuts, eggs and Splenda! And I hope your upcoming tests will be okay.

Lori - agh! Yeah, I had a carb-attack last night. All the time I was saying to myself 'don't do it, don't do it' and yet I did it.

Lisa - no baby yet!!?? The anticipation!

Brenda - what do you think of WATP? I've heard it mentioned a lot lately...is it good, do you think?

I had an ‘oops’ last night - for some reason I really, really couldn’t resist having a couple bowls of Cheerios (luckily I somehow restrained myself and made them *small* bowls, but still...). They are my favourite food, and I do miss them - especially when they are so easily available. At least in the grand scheme of things, it probably wasn’t the worst ‘oops’ that one could have had. At least Cheerios aren’t particularly unhealthy in and of themself.

I got an email today from the government/British High Commission and my visa for the UK has been approved and they're sending it to me by priority courier! Um ... I nearly fell over in shock .... I only mailed them the application on Monday (as in, THREE days ago) ... how on Earth was a government body such as themselves acting so efficiently? I am in shock because the expected return time for such things is a couple weeks, at least. So now I'll have my visa about a month before I actually need it, but at least now I don't have to worry about it! When I renewed my passport last month, I also got it returned well before their predicted *mail out* date. Boy, the government has been my friend over the past couple months, 'cause I also got money back from them! Yay!

And on that note, I should get back to work!

Ciao, Julie
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

Dawn: welcome back and before you know it, you'll have the weight back off again!!!

Lisa: That's great news. I can't wait to hear that you've had the baby. And of course you're nervous. Did you take lamaze classes? Just remember to kick DH if he gets panicky. I've heard some guys are like that. Mine was great through the whole thing. I was the witchy one.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #19  
Baby Steps

Julie: Sounds like everything's going in the right direction for you. Glad things are working out. I LOVE the WATP tapes. I have 2 different sets. the first 3 ( 3 seperate tapes. each with 1,2 or 3 miles on them) have the weighted balls. The 2nd set of 3 have stretchy bands. I find them BOTH great workouts. Yup, I'd advise people to get them
Old 01-13-2005, 02:53 PM   #20  
thin within

dawn -- i don't know you, but i definitely can relate to falling off the wagon. this is the best place for support.
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:16 PM   #21  
thin within

my pc is so slow that a bunch of y'all posted while i was waiting for the screen to change. i love the watp videos too. for the last 2 weeks i've been subbing as a lunch monitor. walking there and back gives me 3 miles a day. once i'm over this sinus infection, i'll start using the gym next week.

lekker -- how are you? it sounds like you are ready trot the globe. i remember you saying that you loved to travel and would like to work overseas. is this trip for vacation or employment?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #22  
The Princess O' Pets

Yeah Lisa!!!! We will; be waiting anxiously waiting for you. Don't be nervous it will all come out OK, a calm positive attitude makes ALOT of difference with childbirth. You wil do GREAT!! And you will not believe how great you feel when you see that little face!

LOvE TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

So many posts were made right around the same time a while ago, whew!

Lisa - good luck tomorrow! I think I'd be soooo nervous. But excited!

Dawn - sorry, I missed your post last time in the whole rush of posts - I fell off Atkins for months last year, but I finally got back on about 3 weeks ago - and it always helps to come back here, I think. This time around, I'm trying to stick pretty low - like at induction levels, but I'm not so strict this time.

fullfig - I've been trying to walk into work a lot, too (when it's warm enough, anyway). As for my travel, I'm going for employment (hopefully!). Yay, I'm sooo excited (as everyone can tell because I can't stop talking about it ) and it's still a few weeks or so away! The biggest pain in the butt when I get there will be finding a flat and finding a job, both of which I'd like to happen ASAP. Those are the only two items that make me go ... "...oh dear...". The visa that I got is called a "Working Holiday Maker" visa, which, as a commonwealth citizen under the age of 30, allows me to work for up to 2 years in the UK - any kind of job, part- or full- time. Fantastic opportunity, eh? A number of other countries offer similar visas to youth, but they typically restrict a person to working a maximum of 3 months at one job. Since I'm hoping to find something for a bit longer than that (hopefully in engineering, too), those countries weren't as enticing at the moment. I'm going to Edinburgh first and really hoping I can find something there - it sounds like a great place to live for awhile. If I can't find work - well, I guess I'll travel or figure it out as it goes along!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #24  
Head Princess

Just time for a quick flyby. Fullfig!!! It's so great to see you again! I have your sister on my IM, but never see her online. Please tell her hi for me.

Lisa - I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation of Lindy's arrival!

The rest of you - I'll see you tomorrow!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #25  
Movin' and Losin'

I've got to do a quick fly-by, too. My power's been off today while they changed the electrical meter boxes, so I've got lots of work to catch up on!

Fullfig: So great to see you back! Hope to see you around lots more.

Lisa: I am so darn excited about this baby! I can't wait. We'll all be anxiously awaiting the news and pictures, of course!

Hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #26  
thin within

lekker -- how exciting! you'll have to keep us up to speed with all the details.

star -- thanks. my favorite prenatal companion is rarely on the net at home. she has been housebreaking a new pup that she got from our younger sister. she travels with work a good bit also. i'm lucky if i can get up with her at work via email. i'll be sure to tell her that you said "hello".

mrs. h -- best wishes on the big day tomorrow!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #27  
thin within

jdogg -- thanks. you must have been posting while i waited for my screen to change. i don't know why this site is moving so slowly for me today.

goodnight all. it is way past my bedtime.