Old 01-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #16  

Star: Watch your mouth girl....a month and 9 days!! Oh heck no!!!!! I can't imagine being that over due. You were stubborn Your mom must have been MISERABLE!! Glad Paco is doing better. Those cone things are pitiful looking yet adorable. We've never had to use one, but DH's cousin's dog had surgery and he had to wear one. He looked so pathetic, but it was funny looking also!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #17  
Head Princess

Hey Lisa - I'm told that sex can induce labor
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #18  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lisa~It does!! and if you have a rocking chair, sit in it and rock away....it helps with the baby's head pushing on the cervix and thining and stretching it out nicely for you. Doctor & nurses told me it was wonderful for this, but most women in labour cant sit and rock. That seemed to be the only thing I could do. I had an intense need to rock, they had to go raid the nursery for a rocking chair for me.

Good Luck to you.....Ive been thinking about you
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #19  
The Princess O' Pets

Wow what a contraversy the whole Tampons for teenies post is......sorry ladies just quoting the Tampax Co. when we called about my 12 yr old niece using them. Anywho if it was my kid and there was any chance in the world of getting sick or not...just use the pads! She will earn to deal with it.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #20  
The Princess O' Pets

Lisa, OH gal your day will come and then you will think, OMG why did I want this to come so soon!!! well at least until you get the epidural!!! ahahahahahaha After the epidural you will love the epidural doctor so much you will consider leaving your husband for him!! ahahahahaha I said that to my epidural dr and he says he gets those propositions all day long!! hahahahaha He/ Or She will be your best friend!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #21  
Head Princess

LOL - The name of the Dr. that gave me my epidural was Dr. Love. And he was CUTE!!!!

I'm aware that the tampon companies say that. It's a CYA situation. The don't want to get sued. I've asked several OB-GYN's and what I said came from them. So I guess it's a personal choice and a matter of the individual's ability to remember it.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:03 PM   #22  

Thanks for all the advice ladies!

Star: We tried that last night and I am stil here
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #23  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, gals! Doing a quick fly-by today. I was in a meeting all morning, and now I've got tons of work to do. Hope you are all having a great day!

Jane: I have IBS/Crohn's, and the doctor never mentioned a low-fat diet for me. He just suggested avoiding foods that "triggered" the condition. For me, it's soda, tomatoes, citrus -- basically anything acidic. Of course, not that it keeps me from having those things -- they are all my favorites! DH has sternly warned me not to complain about it if I'm not going to listen to the doctor!

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 01-11-2005 at 04:14 PM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #24  
Baby Steps

Jane: Sounds like you've had the same experience my mom has with that. She wasn't supposed to feel a thing either..but did. Sorry you had to go through that. And you bet you better stick w/us!!! There's no if, ands or butts. And also, DD doesn't want to attempt tampons yet. We had that discussion yesterday. Maybe after today she'll have changed her mind. We have "low absorption" tampons that should be ok for her. I never used a tampon til I was married---my mom never talked to me about any of this stuff or bought tampons. Can you believe "back then" I never used to swim when I had TOM? lol

TG: Ok. We're back on sinc again. I messed up and you messed up. Let's kick this induction in gear and not mess up again. Ya with me on that one?

Leenie: *in her best Shaggy voice* Leenie where are you?? You're wroking too hard!!

Robin: You have a great outlook! Such a positive person--you're inspiring!!! We have 2 daughters So pity my poor DH! lol. Oldest DD will be 13 in July so she's pretty much on track. Youngest is close behind at 10 years old.

Star: Ohhh....I miss those days. The make-up presents!! Now I'm lucky if I get an "I'm sorry." Then again...it's been ages since he's screwed up I don't exercise on the weekends so guess I'm ok on that front--I'll have to get different exercise options to vary it. Does it have to be different exercises or can I get different Step exercises?

Lisa: My Lord woman haven't you had that baby yet?? I thought for sure you'd have had her by now. Have Dh drive you over railroad tracks. I did a lot of walking. Sounds like you're getting a lot of advise

Jina: Of course you wouldn't listen to the doctor. After all...do they listen to us Hope things are going well for you and sorry to hear you're so busy.

Ya know, I don't know why I bother stepping on the scale. With the exercise I FEEL skinnier (now if only my body cooperated with the way I feel ) so what does it matter what the scale says? And I no longer have such stress and aches in my neck and back. Now if only the clothes would get more loose I'd be a happy camper all the way around. Decided I want my inner thighs and belly to be flatter and then I'll be satisfied. Attainable goals, right?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #25  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Gang . I am just flying by.. but I wanted you all to know I a here and still OP! I found out today that I no longer have the whole job I had before (Which is FINE by ME!) I will only be working 12-24 hours a month now! WOO HOO!

I hav brownies in 2 hours so I have to fly.. but I wanted to check in!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #26  

Oh my......this is what happens when one doesn't check in all afternoon!
Boy you guys have been busy chatting!

Brenda: I can tell you.....I will definitely make sure that the next time I am COMPLETELY knocked out. I don't care what they say!
Hope DD is ok.

jdoggmartin: You have IBS with Chron's!!!! Oh I am so sorry...and here I am complaining. I am going to talk to the doc...he didn't mention the low fat diet, that info came from the papers that the hospital gave me yesterday. My gastro knows that I am doing Atkins and he didn't think it was a big deal...but that was before he believed me when I told him it was just IBS

Lisa: OK forgive me but I am trying to picture a 9 month pregnant lady having sex
The logistics must be something!

Star: I had a dog that had to wear the lamp shade once. She was so cute. I unfortunately had to have one of her eyes removed....long story....and when she came home she had the lamp shade on her head. I took her for a walk and she wasn't used to it yet so when she tried to get up on the sidewalk the hood got stuck and it came up and smacked her on the chin. I couldn't stop laughing.....she just kept on walking. Dogs are too funny.

TG: Oh we love contraversy! Spices things up around here.

FINALLY GOT MY ASTHMA DOC TO GIVE ME AN ANTIBIOTIC!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Now maybe I will start feeling better......aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #27  

Hi Karen! Glad you are happy about work. I wish I could work those kinds of hours.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #28  
Head Princess

Lisa - You'll have to try harder. No pun intended *snort*. Bow-chicka-bow-bow!!!!

Brenda - Yes, do something different. You have to teach your body to move different ways. That's why fantastic athletes can still struggle when learning something new - like pilates. Our bodies should be well rounded internally, not externally

Jane - I must remember not to drink water while reading your posts. I almost shot it right out my nose!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #29  
The Princess O' Pets

Jane you crack me up!!! ahahahahaha

Cherry is wearing the E-Collar after her surgery she had on her eyes on Friday, I will have to pst a picture!! ahahahaha
Our little Toy Poodle Jean Michel had his teeth cleaned yesterday and had to have 5 teeth extracted that were rotten, poor guy feels like poop today!!!

SP I missed something what happened to Paco?
Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #30  

Well I mean come on!! Someone had to say it!