Old 01-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #46  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All! Sorry I have been MIA! Life got a little crazy at the end of this week, but I should be back on track now.

Fortunately I am still eating on induction doing very well! The official weigh in is tomorrow, but it is looking very promising!

The kids and I just woke up to snow! DH is in California visiting his mom who broke her shoulder a couple of weeks ago. So it is just the 3 of us. And I just found out both of their Basketball games were canceled!

So we get to stay home and play in the snow!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #47  
Movin' and Losin'

Induction is going very well for me, too. Managed to stay OP last night when a group of friends went out to eat. I had a really tasty Cesar salad with grilled chicken. So, one weekend-night down, two to go. My weigh-in is looking very promising, too, but I weigh-in on Mondays to force me to stay on-track through the weekend. I'll let you all know Monday!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Where are you Karen? We didn't get the snow here in Federal Way.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #49  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Darn! I've been posting to the daily and completing forgetting about the Boot Camp! Well, looking back at my posted goals, I'm proud to say that I'm managed to stay true to the course. Thankfully I worded my exercise goal as "contemplating" exercising instead of "starting!"

Tomorrow is the last day of my 2-week induction and I'm down 7 so far -- I'm definitely a happy little camper. But, as with the last time around (which I will try to be positive about by referring to it as my "practice run at Atkins"), I'm planning to extend my induction phase for at least another month!

Looks like everyone is doing fabulously. Keep it up!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #50  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbmarie
Where are you Karen? We didn't get the snow here in Federal Way.
Hi Barb!

I'm North of you in Everett! Here is a picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow.jpg (32.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-09-2005, 01:18 AM   #51  

Hi all.
Made it through Saturday still OP. Sunday is usually my hardest day because I'm by myself while DD is with her dad for the day. I'm just looking forward to the weigh-in on Monday to keep me on track. Although, I have to admit to stepping on the scale daily. Maybe I should have made that one of my goals. It doesn't seem to be moving as much as I'd hoped even though I haven't cheated once.

Karen you're so lucky. I love the snow, but it seems like it always misses Auburn. Sometimes it'll snow in Kent and even Federal Way (Hi Barb), but misses me down in the Auburn valley.

Did get a brisk walk in today, so that's 1 day of excercise this week. I guess I'd better get a walk in tomorrow too in order to make my weekly goal! Maybe a couple during the time my daughter's away so I can stay motivated and away from the carbs.

Oops, better go drink a tad more water. Looks like I'm short about 8 ounces. I guess I won't be sleeping through the night.

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:36 AM   #52  

Talking

Morning girls!
Well, it's 10.30 here and can you believe I forgot to weigh!!! I haven't weighed since going down another lb. So you'll have to count my loss as 12 lb am really chuffed with that, but will weigh in tomorrow morning to see what it is now...

We've been mega busy with our fostering and I've gotten myself ahead on my chores for the week, as we have a new girl arriving tomorrow after school (hopefully... ). She's 5 and should get on fab with my DD who is only 15 days older than our new placement. it's hard not putting her name!

We've a special needs girl with us today, we'll be having her every couple of weeks for a day or so. She's lovely, but can't communicate due to a brain condition (don't ask me the name.. I can never remember)! We're off to the park later .

Hope you are all doing well!
I'll post my weight tomorrow if that's ok.
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 AM   #53  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You girls ROCK!!! Keep up the good work, I'm rootin for yah
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:52 AM   #54  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen519
Karen you're so lucky. I love the snow, but it seems like it always misses Auburn. Sometimes it'll snow in Kent and even Federal Way (Hi Barb), but misses me down in the Auburn valley.

Jen
Jen - It is you! I couldnt tell from the picture, but I was wondering if you were still around!

Would you believe it is snowing here again! My kids will be so happy! Although we will be missing church today as the road in front of my house is a little slick. I watched a slow car skid.. I dont want to do that with my kids in the car!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #55  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Default Sunday Weigh In!

Im down 7 pounds! WOO HOO!!!

and Purple Hugs.. you are doing awesome 12 pounds! AMAZING! And Brenda with the 4 pounds! WTG!

I am anxious to hear everyone's weigh in results!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #56  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning All

Im going to weigh in tomorrow...hopefully Im as successful as you purplehugs!!!! But I doubt very much it will be a 12 lb loss for me. If I get back to what I was before the christmas eatfest, I'll be happy.

Congratulations purple, karen, paula and all the rest that are doing so great!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #57  

Wow!
You guys are doing so well! It looks like I might be down 2 pounds, but I'm not officially weighing in til tomorrow. I was feeling a bit disappointed about only losing 2 pounds on my first week of induction, but then I realized...I really started at 199. Just didn't start posting here until 1/5 and had already lost 4 pounds in the 1st couple of days (water I'm sure)! I sure would love to be with you at that 12 lb mark though Purple.

Karen, we did get a "dusting" of snow it appears, but nothing to play in. Just as well, it's been a while since I "scooped up" in the yard (2 dogs ya know). I guess I'd better keep up with it.

Here's to keeping OP on my "hardest day". Don't be surprised if I pop in again a bit later to help me stay motivated. "See" ya all then.

Jen
jen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #58  
Movin' and Losin'

I am so excited about my weigh-in tomorrow. I keep checking, of course, and I think it's going to be a great loss. I have been OP with no cheats, and I feel on fire! It's amazing how the weight comes off if you do things right. Why I don't always do them right, I don't know!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #59  
Let's Start Over

Hey ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted since Friday morning, but things have been busy and one thing after another around here. I know that I have stayed true to the induction, but I just have a feeling that nothing has happened for me yet...just from my last induction But we'll see....everyone is doing great and these boards are awesome. I wish I had found this on my last try, I believe I might have stayed on track
Elvis1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #60  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Wow! I'm seeing some awesome results posted on this thread! Keep up the great work, chickies!

I've officially completed my 2 week induction period now, and am now looking forward to adding in a few more veggies. During induction, I stick to a strick personal limit of 10 carbs, which doesn't allow for much. Boy, am I looking forward to some of my home-made coleslaw! YMMMMMMM!

I dropped 9 pounds during the last 2 weeks, and although I'm not "seeing" much of a difference, I can feel a small one. I love those stretch khaki's from Walmart, and the ones I've been wearing (in a size 14) have been busting at the seams, with my stomach hanging over the top, forcing me to wear bulky sweaters and suffer after lunchtime at work! Well, they still don't fit perfectly, but I can buttom them without making noises like a moose in heat!

I'm still sticking to induction for a while yet, but I'll be allowing myself to go UP to 20 now! Funny how excited one can get at the thought of 10 extra little carbs!

Have a good one everyone!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote