3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Thursday's Daily Chat - December 30th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/50939-thursdays-daily-chat-december-30th.html)

Leenie 12-30-2004 07:08 AM

Thursday's Daily Chat - December 30th

Good Morning !!

Its 7 am here and it is pitch black out..... how strange :fr:

How's everyone this fine day? Today I have to go get my car from the dealer, they were trying to fix a computer problem, only to find out after 2 days that they were fixing the wrong thing (which I told DH this from the beginning), soooooooooo I'll go get my car, go visit my Mom, then take DD and her cousins bowling :D

Watcha all got planned for today ?

Spedmom 12-30-2004 08:05 AM

Top of the morning everyone!

Leenie: Car problems are the pits, but at least they finally figured it out and you'll be on your way to what sounds like a fun day. We're also going bowling with DD today. I'll send warm fuzzy thoughts your way as I'm throwing my gutter balls!

I absolutely love induction for the rapid weight loss. For at least a few days you get on the scale each and watch the needle go down, down, down. Made some "real" crabcakes yesterday (you know, the kind I remember from my days in Baltimore), substituting the breading for pork rinds soaked a bit in the egg, and they were wonderful! Too bad the household budget doesn't allow for doing that every day!

Have a good one everyone!

lady_adnerb 12-30-2004 08:31 AM

Leenie: I hate car trouble also. Especially if you take it to a new mechanic and he talks stupidly to you! Just tell me what's wrong with it in HUMAN terms and I'll pay the bill and be on my way :lol: Enjoy your day!!!

Paula: Congrats on the induction success!!! Keep up the good work and I'll hopefully be joining you in the celebratory weight loss next week (when I start).

I'm stinking at this and ya know, it's ok. I figure the damage will be done, I'll learn from it and move on. So I'm REALLY looking forward to 1/2. I think that's the day I'm going to start. Why wait to get the carb-addiction free headache right? :rofl: At least I'll suffer with it on a weekend instead of while trying to concentrate on work. Then again, on that day it might change. So we'll see. Unofficially that'll be my start day. OH!!! That's also my 1 year anniversary on Atkins. Who would have thought I'd manage (pretty much) to stay on something THAT long!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Theo'sgirl 12-30-2004 10:18 AM

Good Morning ladies!!!
Happy Thursday!

Well I am still working on wheening off sugar and getting all my ducks in a row for my induction start on 3rd. I cleaned out my whole house of sugar yesterday and dropped it all off at the St Francis dining hall/ homeless shelter. GET THIS....I made none of these treats but this was all the stuff that was sitting around my house people dropped off for Xmas. This is what I dropped off...

Pecan pie
3 huge trays of cookies homemade
huge tray of peanut brittle
2 boxes of chocolates.

Can you belive that it filled up the whole back seat of my car!!! I couldn't believe it that we had that much stuff that had made its way into our house!

Anywho.....

Sped.....mmmmmmm crabcakes!!

Leenie:Hope the car is fixed soon.

B-Great job sticking with it for a whole year!! You're the bomb!

Love TG

barbmarie 12-30-2004 11:04 AM

Got that lovely Atkins headache/fatigue/can't climb the stairs feeling. Had to call in sick last night as the room was spinning. How long does this last? (This is my 5th day of induction.)

Purple Hugs 12-30-2004 11:19 AM

stick to it hun, it'll pass. Depends on how much sugar / caffeine etc you used to consume... Mind and drink lots of water.. and eat regularly :D Hugs,

Uggamugga4 12-30-2004 12:30 PM

I'm not getting any of that. Yay. I have to stay on atkins now though. I have proved time and time again, but then I forget, and splurge, that I am allergic to wheat. lol Everytime I do atkins, then later splurge and have something with wheat, I not only gain weight, but break out in this rash and umm.. get infections. lol (eww.) I am recovering from that, but not from atkins. :)

Cinnymamma 12-30-2004 02:14 PM

Good morning Everyone! Hopefully I can do the daily chats now that I have internet at work...sorta :lol:. This is one of the few sites that aren't blocked.....yet. :devil:

Leenie: Sorry bout the car girlie but I'm glad you get it back today. If they were fixing the wrong thing, are they going to fix the right thing? I got lucky, I have an awesome mechanic. Of course he stands to lose the work on my father's race cars if he screws me....so that could make the differance :lol:.

Paula! :wave: Hi, I'm so glad to see you back. I was scared about doing Atkins for a while when I heard what your dr had told you, but I'm glad you found a new one who realized what the REAL culprit was :lol:. And, I'm very happy to see you back and doing so much better! Wanna share the recipe for those crab cakes? They sound yummy.

Brenda: Congrats on the anniversary! :cheers: Here's to another great year!

TG: Come take my sugar too!!!! :dizzy: We have so much chocolate around here it's scary! I'm glad you found a much more "proper" place for your desserts ;)

Barb: Hang in there! You should be rounding that curve any day now. Remember to drink at LEAST 64oz of water (although your supposed to add something like an additional 8oz for every 10lbs you want to lose...or something like that). Also, make sure you using those 20 grams of carbs a day. The book states that going below 20 grams doesn't provide any additional benefits. I know it's rough but you can do it! :cheer:

Purple: Morning :wave:

Ugga: Morning! Take pics of your rash and try to remember how bad you feel next time you want that wheat! :lol:

As for me, nothing much going on here. We are moving, in March, so I need to go through my garage today. Blah, I guess that will be my extra movement :lol:. I will be going through everything, repacking it all, and deciding what I want to add to my garage sale pile.

Hopefully I will be able to go down and get my apartment today too. I am praying that I won't need a cosigner so please keep your fingers crossed for me. I make enough, but I am not sure how my credit is. :o If I can't do the apt today, then I will do it tomorrow.