Old 12-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile 2005's InductioN BooT CamP

At the request of Purple Hugs, here is a thread for 2005's Induction Boot Camp.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...6&postcount=24
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #2  

Talking

blushing slightly...
Thanks!

Karen started a boot camp some time ago.. and i thought it was a fab idea... here's her original posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenW
Hi all!

I am starting back at Induction tomorrow morning. I started to add nuts back into my diet and the cravings are back. So I thought I would start a thread that is very very Strict Induction! I need the A** kicking to keep me on track right now!

Rules for this thread:

1) Must be 100% DANDR Induction. (2 FULL WEEKS)
2) NO Atkins Bars or other low carb treats
3) NO Whining/"why can't I stay on track"
4) NO Excuses
5) 100% support of each other getting on track and staying there!

Remember this is Boot Camp! Think of Louis Gossett Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman" We can do it! Just need to put our minds to it!

If anyone is willing to jump on board with me, check in anytime! If not, I still will post here to make myself accountable!

My short term goal is to get through 2 weeks induction with a view to 2 more weeks (really need to get some weight GONE).
I need to 'expand' my breakfast idea's too.

Last edited by Purple Hugs; 12-29-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:12 PM   #3  
Proud Mama

I am SO on this with you!!!!!! So, so, so! on this with you!!!! Hey purple, I'm counting on you to stay with this too!!! No mess up's, just pure goal driven, right?!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:53 PM   #4  

Wink i'm right there... beside ya!

Absolutley! Can't afford not too... my 'small' jean's I got to buy in the spring are too tight now.. still JUST fit in, but don't want to have to shelfe them... or worse the zip bust on me!! hehe

We CAN do it!! I'm aiming for a 4-6 week induction depending on how I can improve my 'menu'. I really need to shift some of this weight this year. For sure.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm in until Valentines. Just restarted induction 12/26. I really need to stay on track this time. How does this work? Check in everyday? I missed it last time.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:42 AM   #6  

Red face Hi

Hi
I'm new to this site, so am not totally sure how the last ones worked...but it looked like people checked in daily to talk about their menu's, support, how they were feeling, losing etc.

Just seemed a great idea to chat with others on induction at approx the same time as you.

How are you gettting on?
I found breakfast the hardest meal of the day when I started originally. What do you eat for breakfast? Are you following a strict induction, or modifying it?
I accidentally modified it last time, as didn't weigh things, but will do it 'properly' this time, and possibly for longer.

I look forward to chatting more! over a glass of water of course!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:27 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I'll join,,but I'm not starting until 1/2 (or 1/3--not sure yet). Check back with you all later
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Right now I am pretty strict. I plan to stay that way through Valentines. Then I will add the tortillas and nuts back in. It's easier then when you can make the wraps.
I find breakfast the easiest and eat it throughout the day, scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon or ham. Mix up an omelet. Or just keep boiled eggs handy. Yum. I made the best Chef Salad yesterday with leftover ham from Christmas.
For dinner I am having steaks (precooked) or burgers with Veggies. Just started this week, so it is still new and looking forward to it. Not sure what else would do for breakfast, any leftovers from last nights dinner?
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:17 AM   #9  

Talking

Barbmarie: sounds like you are doing fab

lady_adnerb: the new year is a great time to start. We aren't all starting the same time, so don't worry!

I must admit eggs are the one thing I got bored of last time, but am going to look at alternatives for some days.

I've managed to go shopping and am starting Tomorrow now.. i've brought it forward as I don't drink, and although we have friends over for new years day dinner, it'll be easy to be atkins friendly... as it's at my house and is roast dinner. Hubby surprised me today and bought low carb beers for himself.. they were a little dearer but he seems to mean business this time himself. Last time he ate rice and stuff even though I couldn't.

Well, there we are! House if full of good meats, eggs, salad, and allowed veggies! feels good to be getting back on the wagon !
Old 12-30-2004, 12:24 PM   #10  
Proud Mama

Ya, if you ladies are pressed this hard to 'get the job done' I will be too! Today is day 3 of induction for me. I haven't weighed myself this morning.. I'm going to go do that and see what has happened, if anything. Drumroll****** YAY!!! 3 pounds gone! So now I have just undone the damage I did for Christmas, and today starts my real weightloss goal of at least 10lbs gone by Valentines day.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #11  

Good for you!! Amazing how induction can do that isn't it!!
Old 12-30-2004, 03:20 PM   #12  
Proud Mama

I am so recharged by you're enthusiasm Jane. Btw.. Great name! My second daugher Riley's middle name is Jane, after my mom. Riley Jane.

Mmmmm, I found the best hamburger at this little corner market. I can't believe how good it is!!! I just had about a pound of meat and a pork chop, for lunch! hahaha!!! I bet I'll be full for the day, but it is hillarious how we can down that much fat and meat, and totally lose weight!
Old 12-30-2004, 05:15 PM   #13  

What a lovely name! Riley.
My daughter is Erin Eloise
I don't actually like Jane very much.. there were a LOT of jane's when I was a child and it drove me mad! hehe

Glad you had a good lunch, and enjoy meat eating!! It certainly helps on this woe!! Can you imagine doing atkins as a vegitarian?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

I'm in on this starting on 1/3/05, like Brenda. I need a few days to re-energize and mentally prepare myself. I also need to do some throwing away of Christmas sweets and shopping for the Atkins-allowable stuff. I'm excited about losing weight, but dreading the feeling of induction...
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:46 PM   #15  

I too am on induction starting on the 3rd.
I've warned my family all the Xmas goodies are GONE out the door.
I will stay on induction till at least Valentines
Hopefully I can undo the damage I have put my body through this Christmas and have learned that there is no such thing as a little cheat.
Is there an excersise componant to this challenge?

Last edited by VanIsle; 12-30-2004 at 10:56 PM.
VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote