Old 12-31-2004, 06:56 AM   #16  

Talking

jdoggmartin - you can cope with the feelings of induction.. look how fab you've been doing!! Remember the benefits, and you'll do fine, the 2 weeks goes in really quickly. And we're all here for you!!

VanIsle - we haven't thought up an exercise challenge as part of this, perhaps we should pledge one in our signatures along with our Boot Camp involvement.

What do you all think??

Well I started induction today, 2 boiled eggs in butter for breakfast, and off to have tuna with lettuce and cucumber in a bit. Lots of water going down, and feeling good so far. Have been busy with a fostering meeting this extending our age range and number of children. All good stuff.
Purple Hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:01 PM   #17  
Proud Mama

Morning Jane! I think I had too many calories yesterday, but low on the carb range. I was at 2450 calories yesterday, but 18 carbs. That's a lot meat! LOL Wow! I was hungry yesterday. I feel so sick today though. I am coming down with the flu. How many carbs in Day-quil?

Are you counting calories too?

I find that if I eat breakfast, I am hungry for the rest of the day. If I drink coffee/liquid most of the day then I eat normally for lunch, and have a good size dinner, and I'm totally satisfied. I love breakfast, but then I end up wanting to eat all day.

My throat hurts, my head hurts, my body hurts, but hey! I got a shower, my hair done, my make up on, I"M GOOD TO GO! YAY!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #18  
Proud Mama

Jane, that is a cute ticker! Where on earth did you get THAT? How cute!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:12 PM   #19  

morning!! ok well it's 5pm here, but hey.. . thats time differences for you! hehe

I'm not counting calories, I barely cope with the counting carbs! hehe and weighing food to get to know again how much I should be eating. If you're hungry, eat, thats what I say, but something with nil carbs is always better!!

My weight chart is home made.. did it this afternoon! Glad you like it, I've pm'd you.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:01 PM   #20  
Proud Mama

Right on Jane, I e-mailed you. I so don't know how to do that stuff.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:19 PM   #21  

Default Please count me in!!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone was going to be starting a New Year's Induction! How wonderful. Please count me in....I will be starting on Jan 1st, bright and early. It may be a little hard for me, since I have to work nights Friday and Saturday night every week....I know that caffeine is suppose to be a No NO during induction. I don't know if I can last 12 hours straight without some wacky caffy! I will really try though.

Not sure if I can get on here every single day!

Thanks for starting this, I really need the encouragement.

Caroline
cbzmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:24 PM   #22  
Proud Mama

WOOHOO!! Ok, so I have to brag a little. I just went in and tried on some clothes that I haven't even been able to squeeze into since last year.... and everything fits!! YAY!!!!!! Last year, after my hysterectomy, I lost 40lbs, then I ended up gaining it all back 4 mos later, plus gaining more!. So now, I've lost all the weight I gained last year. Yay!!!!!! That means I have "new pants", and "new tops" to wear!!!! YAY!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #23  
Proud Mama

cb- I totally drink a lot of coffee, and still lose weight. It isn't always a problem for everyone. Don't cut it out, unless you find that you have to in order to lose. Thank GOD that's never been a problem for me.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:34 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggamugga4
WOOHOO!! Ok, so I have to brag a little. I just went in and tried on some clothes that I haven't even been able to squeeze into since last year.... and everything fits!! YAY!!!!!! Last year, after my hysterectomy, I lost 40lbs, then I ended up gaining it all back 4 mos later, plus gaining more!. So now, I've lost all the weight I gained last year. Yay!!!!!! That means I have "new pants", and "new tops" to wear!!!! YAY!!!
woohoo for you! I remember that feeling earlier this year...
Well done! Enjoy your new clothes! and feel smug!!
Old 12-31-2004, 01:37 PM   #25  

cbzmomof4

Don't fret too much about your shift 'fix' just make sure you still drink the water.. and don't count your coffee as the water!
If you can bear decaf maybe mix half and half (half decaf / half regular) that way you'll be cutting down... and forgetting it!

I'm a tea drinker myself which is easier to 'kick' but struggled immensely with pepsi (full sugar / caffeine) but am 'clean' for a year now.

As for not getting here daily.. if you're missing for a day or so, we won't worry too much.. just try and post regular!
Hugs,
Old 12-31-2004, 01:38 PM   #26  

Ugga!

WOW, that is great! Isn't that such a wonderful feeling!? Keep up the great work. I have been lurking!

Hugs
Thanks for the encouragement. LOL Good idea about mixing half and half! That is great that you have been "soda" free for a whole year! I will calling you when I go through the withdrawls! UGH. Diet Pepsi might be a good choice.

My goal is to only have coffee and/or Diet Pepsi while I am @ work, and to limit it to 2 cups. Hold me to it!

Off, to take a nap before I have to get ready for work. Happy New Year to all! Tomorrow, a new day, with no mistakes in it! Hopefully, A New Year with many possiblities for all of us!

Caroline

Last edited by cbzmomof4; 12-31-2004 at 01:43 PM.
cbzmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:03 PM   #27  

Caroline, sorry you're working over new year... what do you do?
Hope you can stomach diet pepsi better than I can... doesn't taste anything like the real stuff!
I found a carbonated water with flavouring that is nil sugar, nil carbs... tastes alright too!

We'll be here when the withdrawls start... I'll be along side of you!
Old 12-31-2004, 04:21 PM   #28  
Baby Steps

I can't make an exercise pledge because I'm a non-exerciser I plan on TRYING to add it into my life...but no guarantees!!!

You all are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work and the day is fast coming that you'll see me HERE a lot
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:24 PM   #29  
Proud Mama

cb, I am a major coffee drinker. Yep, don't count it as water, infact you have to drink more water. Between the coffee and water I'm full.

Off topic, but I just discovered the new thinger-ma-bobber on my webcam picture thing. haha! Did that make sence? LOL!!!!! But the picture reinhancement thing on the digital. WHat do you think of my new pic?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:39 PM   #30  

Love your new pic ! really cool colours!

Happy New Year all!
It's 1.38 and I'm ready for bed... someone tell my hubbies brother and sister in law!! hehe