Old 12-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #16  
Head Princess

Jina - good goals!

Brenda - The contract is for six month, I think. But hopefully it will just turn into a real job for me. I actually came into this because I interviewed for an admin job. It wasn't what I wanted but I needed a job. Turns out that they loved me but felt I'd be miserable doing admin work so they offered me a contract job in project management that will hopefully go permanent. I'm enjoying it a great deal. Definitely more my style!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #17  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: I think I missed you the first time around -- sorry. Congrats on the new job! It sounds awesome. How cool is it to work for an athletic company with a great gym?!? Hope it turns permanent for you!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:04 PM   #18  
Head Princess

Thanks, Jina! So far, it's pretty great. My gym membership starts January 1st and they've got EVERYTHING! I'm very excited As an added bonus, DH is working here now, too. He's doing security on graveyard, but he's based in the same building that I am so I see him in the mornings. We each sleep while the other one is at work so we always have our evenings together. Strange, but very nice!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:55 AM   #19  
Proud Mama

HI girls, I just gotta tell you something!!! I'm so excited! I went to the music store today, and got to chatting with the owner. I needed a new mandolin string, and a new violin string.. So they got that fixed, and gave me a huge discoung. (HOW NICE!!!) Anyway, so I am talking to the owner of the store, who is also a big time music director in the area. Totally has hook ups, and I totally look up to this guy. ANyway, so we get talking, and I'm giving him tips on his vibrato, (don't ask me what that is, unless you really want to know. lol) and we start talking about this music cd that he is putting out. Then he askes me (again) if I want to start recording with them next month!!!! YAY!! this is for both some viola pieces and violin pieces. How stoked am I!?!?!!?!?!?!?! WOOHOOO!!! This is huge for me! More and more people are asking for violin lessons (which is totally flattering for me. lol), and this guy also was talking about how he wants me to help direct some things. I can't because I have other commitments, but YAY!!!!! In about a year or so, (after I have the piano and more guitar down) I SO want to direct music! Oh my gosh, this would be a dream come true job for me! This would mean that I got to perform SO much more. I LOVE that!!!! I totally needed to share that with you all. So this helps with the weight loss thing! LOL I wanna look Hot in another 6 mos or earlier!

OMG! I so totally love playing!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:32 PM   #20  
Proud Mama

ok, so i just weighed myself.. Oh, I wish I didn't!!! I totally have to undo the damage I did for christmas before I go for any other goals!!!! I gained 4 pound!!! ACK! Starting today, day 1 of induction!!!!!! Then I WILL make my valentines day goal.. I'll just readust my goal! hehe
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote