3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Holiday Songs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/50570-holiday-songs.html)

Leenie 12-19-2004 12:32 PM

Holiday Songs

Do you have any special holiday songs that bring back memories or just make you feel good ?
:D

Oh Holy Night, When Christ Was Born....... This song give me such goose bumps...love it.

My favorite song is "Silver Bells, by Burl Ives" it reminds me of my Dad (who passed in 1984), he always sang it and I can still picture him sitting in his arm chair singing it. He was such a good man.

There's also a song by Vince Gill called "It won't be the same this year" Its about the 1 year w/out his brother. OMG, is it sad and beautiful. It reminds me of my sister (who passed in 1998). His chrismas CD is just WONDERFUL!!!!

Sonnet 12-19-2004 01:19 PM

I love "oh Holy night." and "Away In the Manger". "Hark Of The Bells" it's a fast beat song. ...hark of the bells, sweet silver bells, all seems to say, throw cares away, Christmas is here, bringing good cheer. ...not sure if that's the name or not.

I have a sister song too Leenie. Sad but good memories... I really love "Noel" The last time I visited my sister in portland, we sang acapella and taped our version of "Noel" where we always harmonized as chilrden when we gave our annual Christmas show for our grand parents and anuts and uncles. We had such a good time laughing and getting the harmony just right. That was the last time I saw her, so I'll always love hearing that song. It's a good memory for me.

I love all the old Christmas songs I grew up with and sang in church choir.

Leenie 12-20-2004 08:23 AM

Sonny that is a nice memory of you and your sister. Hugs.

Another song I really love is Little Drummer Boy but the version done by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.... its such a pretty version.

I do love the old timers singing christmas songs, like Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Jim Reeves, Nat King Cole...etc. You just don't hear voices like that anymore.

lady_adnerb 12-20-2004 08:30 AM

Jingle Jingle Bones....hmm....I want an elephant for Christmas....umm....Silent Night......tons more :)

jdoggmartin 12-20-2004 10:15 AM

My favorites are the traditional songs. I especially like Christmas songs sung by Frank Sinatra or Elvis because my grandpa loved those guys. You just can't beat Elvis singing "Blue Christmas." Also, I love all the Christmas hymns we sing in church since they really tell the meaning of the season (e.g. "Away in a Manager," "We Three Kings," "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing," etc.)

Uggamugga4 12-20-2004 11:21 AM

That song, Oh Emmanuel, I think it is. Wow. That song moves me to tears almost every time.. It is so pretty! I did a violin/piano special yesterday at church. Me on the violin and my friend on the piano. That was one of the songs we did. I love the dynamics in it and the words. So pretty!

Uggamugga4 12-20-2004 11:28 AM

I don't know if I was off on the title.. You ladies might know the real title of the song. Some of the words in the song are "Rejoice..... rejoice.... e-ma-nuel, has come to sa-ve I-s-real." There's my typed version. lol I've had that specific song stuck in my head for about a week now. I've got all the parts for a mandolin, violin, guitar, voices, piano, penny whistles in my head. I love songs that are inspiring like that. It get's those creative idea's going, that are great for composing or rearranging songs. :) I love that we get to take that stuff and the re-arrangements and use them on our praise team. Awww.. makes me feel like I have value in that area. :) I live for music! :D

sapphire9 12-20-2004 04:58 PM

O Holy Night was one of my favorite songs to sing in the Church choir when I was a kid. I think the French version too. White Christmas (both the song and the movie) is my sentimental favorite sung by Rosemary Clooney and/or Bing Crosby. It reminds me of magical childhood Christmasses. My current fave is "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" by Dr. Elmo. :D

Leenie 12-21-2004 03:12 PM

Carrie, the name of the song is O Come, O Come, Emmanuel and YES it is beautiful. I have Neil Diamond's verson of it and I LOVE IT !!!!! he has kids singing in the backgroung... rejoyce rejoyce...its sooo pretty.

You play the violin WOWOWOW !!! I love it. Wish I was musically inclined...anything, shoot I can't even sing :(

Wish I could hear you play :D

hugs

Sonnet 12-22-2004 08:30 PM

All the above songs listed...I love them all.

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas"...another one of my favorites. :angel:

Uggamugga4 12-22-2004 08:59 PM

Ya, Leenie, that's it! My favorite song all time of the year!! :) Ya, I play the violin, mandolin, viola, penny whistle (irish flute), bass guitar, and sing. :) Music is so my thing. I tend to be the type to be able to pick up any instrument and learn it well in a month. Love music and art. Neeeed it! LIVE for it! :)

lady_adnerb 12-23-2004 01:47 PM

Carrie- it must be nice to be able to teach yourself that stuff. And I think it's VERY cool!! I don't know how to play an instrument but always wanted to learn to play the guitar. I thought that'd be so cool and the sound of it is SO relaxing!! My oldest daughter is taking flute in school and wanted (and is getting) a keyboard for Christmas. She'll have to teach herself to play.