Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 12/22

3 more days until Christmas Eve!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:05 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I'm SOOO pumped up!!! I stepped on the scale and ANOTHER pound dropped off. The only bad thing is Christmas and New Years Even is coming. But I figure, ok, 2 days of being a pig. Then a week of being straight. Then a day of being a pig (or a night if you want to look at it that way) then back to being straight again. I can DO this!!! I'm going to gain a few pounds but if I'm good as gold in between those few should drop off and then come the New Year I'll be back in business of dropping MORE weight!! WOOHOO!! Oh, was bummed yesterday cuz I tried on my Christmas outfit and I really did NOT like the looks of the belly sticking out in the skirt. So was going to buy pants. DH wants me to wear the skirt (I'd be MUCH more comfortable in pants-they at least suck in the gut a little!!!). So it's either control top panyhose (which I'll try tonight to see how it looks) or a girdle. I wanted to be au' naturel and have a flat belly but guess it wasn't meant to be and I've gotta use man-made contraptions to assist me But I'm SOOO looking forward to dropping this weight and knowing I CAN do it!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:32 AM   #3  

Brenda: How about going out and getting a top to go with the skirt that blouses over the belly....that is my little trick. I never wear anything form fitting if the belly is sticking out. Not a LONG top...just something that is blousey if you know what I mean. You are doing great!!!!!!

Well, speaking of wearing something fitted.......my own tummy is popping out today. I forgot to bring in something for breakfast this morning and almost had to go to the machine and get some pop tarts BUT I remembered I had one of my low carb breakfast bars in my desk! Phew!
I found some canned (bleck, I know...canned) clam chowder last night. It only has 11 grams of carbs in it....you have to add the milk and cream which adds to the count I know...but I used all heavy cream so it may not be too bad overall....won't bother with the numbers....haven't been doing well lately anyway so what does it matter at this point. But it is lower than some of them I think. All that heavy cream is going to kill me I'm sure

Oh, I forgot to tell you yesterday....at our xmas party we had on Sunday I got an Ice Cream maker! I have wanted one of those for the longest time. Well I couldn't wait to make some so I got a recipe for Egg Nog Ice Cream and made it last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YUUUUUMMMMMMM
Ok, so now it isn't low carb but it could have been. It has milk, heavy cream, sugar, egg beaters, brandy, rum, vanilla and nutmeg. SO....if I used low carb milk and splenda I think we may have had something there!!!!!!!!!

Next time I am making it low carb. I will let you know how the adventure goes.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:41 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Jane: I already have 2 blouses to go with the skirt and they're both the type that look better tucked in. Next time I'll remember to get one that looks better un-tucked. Of course, I'm hoping this time next year to have such a great bod I won't have to worry I know, I can dream right?? Congrats on the ice cream maker and you're doing fine--just remember January is closer than we think!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:53 AM   #5  

I want you to suck it up (no pun intended ) and wear the skirt! Are you sure that the blouses "have" to be tucked in?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #6  
on my way down again

Hi All,

Brenda, Congratulations on the one pound loss. Now you can have some goodies on your planned days and no guilt or worries...you know you will take it off if you add a little back. You're doing terrific. Enjoy. Your excitement for Christmas is coming through the computer and rubbing off on me. I needed that. I can't wait to hear how your girls react to their presents.

Jane, that's such a good idea for eggnog. I like it even just once during the holidays, so I'm going to try to make some with your recipe. Good thing you had that LC bar.

I'm really looking forward to crab sandwiches on Christmas Eve. But even canned clam chowder sounds good. I know I could eat the crab as a salad without the bread, but. yum.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #7  
Proud Mama

Yay Brenda!!!! (hugs!!!!) Yes you can do this! And you WILL do this! I think we will all feel more encouraged after the holidays, when there wont be so much evil food around. hehehe
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #8  

Hi Ladies! Merry Christmas! Hope everyone's holding up well with the holiday stress! I was so late to work this morning because I had to stop by the pack and ship place again to get things mailed off...oh well, its finally finished. Now I just have to finish wrapping, clean the entire house, and do the laundry. Maybe I'll play some Christmas music and try to get it done. There really are never enough hours in the day!

Brenda, congrats on the loss! Way to go! Your outfit sounds great! If I were you, I'd probably wear the girdle with the skirt because its the best way to show off your new and improved figure! Granted, it won't be as comfortable, BUT it may also help resist temptation (because you'll not want to eat as much while wearing fitted clothes) I'll try to remember to wear something fitted Christmas too.

Anyway, happy holidays, ladies!
CPgirl is offline   Reply With Quote