Thursday Chat 12/16

• Wow, where was everyone yesterday? The only one that talked to me was Jane (and thank you for that ). Sure can tell the holiday season is coming!! Well, TOM has proceeded to knock me out today. I'm so tired I could drop over right here. I'm taking the day off. So much for getting a full weeks pay this week. lol I'm hoping to get some rest and then I have to get the rest of the Christmas shopping done. I know, I know. If I'm not up to going to work I shouldn't be going shopping. I want it DONE though!!! So it's off to get oldest DD onto the bus and then back to bed for me.
    Ya know, I remember growing up and all the stupid games girls play. Getting mad at each other for no reason. Well, my oldest DD is now going through this. She stuck up for a friend of hers the last time someone got mad and now THAT person is mad @ my DD. What kind of BS is that? I'm SOOO glad I don't have to live through that again. I'm tempted to just tell her to go up to the girl and punch her. But I was nice and told her to just ignore the jerks. Obviously they're not friends if they pull that crap. Oh this is just the beginning of it!!
  • Brenda: I always say...you couldn't pay me a million bucks to relive those days! Oh, I feel bad for her. And she is in the worse spot....at her age they are all vying for their spot in the chain of command. *sigh* I am feeling the pain all over again Girls can be the worse too!!!!! Boys have brawn but girls have their brains...and those brains can wreak havock.
    Can you tell I have feelings about this!!!!

So took DH out to Toys R Us last night and made him get his grandkids presents come **** or high water! Did pretty well...at least that is done. Now I just have one neice and my oldest brother to get something for. Going out tonight to do that...then home to wrap....and make more peanut brittle...oh and find time to eat and then sleep if possible Meanwhile DH will be out with the boys..he has a meeting and then they will meet at the bar and discuss the meeting! Geez.

Have a great day .........
  • Hi Brenda and Jane and all, Add me to the list of not wanting to relive schoolgirl-days. LOL And a lot of that is carried into adulthood with some of those old girlfrinds for me for sticking up for this one or that one, trying to live up to my middle-child peace-maker image, etc., so I have no good advice. It doesn't work. All I know is I should have never laughed at my friend when she fell off her bike when we were in 2nd grade. She will not forgive me even though I have said I am terribly sorry and it was wrong, asked her to forgive me and told her after 39 years, I have never laughed at that again... (still think it looked funny to me like something off America's Funniest Videos TV show. ) She will not let me live it down, so I must have to take her out to lunch and bring her flowers. I even told her I laughed at myself when I ran my bike into a parked truck the following year at age 8.

Well, I've been missing from here, and I've missed it, but my neck and back have been bad, then I jammed my thumb and hand into the hall wall door jam. What a clutz. So I've stayed off the computer, but have stayed OP! I am feeling a little better now and go to the doctor today.

I managed to stay OP ON Thanksgiving Day and our 24th wedding anniversay, but then have had Dungenous crab/white bread sandwiches three times, two candy bars and chips once. This is spread out since Thanksgiving. But I still feel like I'm in control. Oh yeah, I can't forget the plate of homemade cookies, fudge and rockyroad I was sabatoged with two days ago. We were going to take it to the young neighbor teacher, but DH didn't get to it in time. going once, going twice... headache from all that sugar too... But one day and it was gone. So I knew I had to get back to you all real quick so I don't fall into this bad eating all through the holidays.

Oh, it feels good to be back posting here. I've missed you all and need you all as well. Jane, I'll be right over for some peanut brittle...yum!!
  • Hi Ladies,
    Sorry I didn't make it in to say hi yesterday!

Brenda- I am with Jane, I would never want to relive those days! EEK! Hope DD is okay, that is such a terrible time in life. Yes, brains are worse than brawn.

Jane- how's tha peanut brittle coming? it must be very good for all the requests! Have fun shopping at Toys R Us? I always enjoy the baby and little children shopping! Once htey reach 10-12 it gets harder and less enjoyable to shop for them.

I have alot of laundry to do today, yeah , what else is new. Gonna pop in the shower and get my silo of water in and hopefully take a little walkie today. I am doing okay OP but yesterday night I ate 1/2 a small potato. It's amazing what looks good when you're not supposed to eat it! Back on track today. TTYL

Leenie's sick isnt she? Hope you others are okay, OP, and feeling good. Feel better Leenie!
    ~Roxy
  • Brenda, I forgot to say, I hope you feel better soon. I know how bad that can feel and knock you down.
  • Sonnet: Welcome back Sorry to hear about the aches and pains. Feel better soon. Sounds like you did great eating wise over the holiday...good for you!

Roxy: The funny thing is is that it really isn't anything special....just peanut brittle...but they seem to enjoy it and I like to make it. Then I put it in special little bags and tag each one. I guess it is one of my special Christmas traditions. I COULD HAVE PICKED AN EASIER ONE THOUGH!
  • Hey back again!
    tYPING WITH ONE HAND,hit capslck,dang!, baby in other arm, wiggleworm! Jane sounds good anyway! Sonnet- I am Roxy- mom to 10-started again, 10-29 and losing! I want to be a big loser! Wouldn't of said that in H.S.!
    I better get back to the laundry so we will have a place to eat. BBL
    ~Roxy