Old 11-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Chat 11/29

It's Monday. Blah!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I won't even get into my "weekend". Let's just say my plan to ONLY go off plan for Thanksgiving went out the window. So now, of course, I have even MORE weight to lose. It's amazing how fast that packs right back on!!! I'm hoping most of it'll fly off right away. We'll see. I'll adjust my weight in a couple days.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #3  

Good morning.

My Thanksgiving was nice...but the best part was that DH and I made our own Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday night...just the two of us. We bought a turkey breast and cooked it on the grill, went to a local turkey farm and bought the gravy and stuffing, he made mashed potato and I made a sweet potato. YUMMMMMM It was even better than Thanksgiving at the In-Laws.
We are still eating turkey sandwiches He even said tonight we are having HOT turkey sandwiches. God save me. The gain over the holiday wasn't bad...only a couple it looks like. Not a problem.

Have all legal foods with me today so lets see how long we can keep that up. I am a little worried about the appt with the gastro doc on Wednesday. What if he tells me to get off this plan......he probably won't......if he does he does. I can lose it on any plan as long as I follow it I guess. I will let you know what he says..........I want to cancel the appt but DH won't let me.

I got some Christmas presents done this weekend. I need to get more supplies to finish the rest. I am going shopping today at lunch to pick up a couple things. Ordered DH dress slacks yesterday. They should be in by Wednesday. I also went to Home Depot and got him his laser level thingy that he wanted.
I just wish I was more in the holiday mood.....I keep wanting to cry every time I think of Christmas. I usually am really excited about Christmas.

Well, busy at work again today...I will try and check in later.
Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Well my stomach is in knots, I know I know, its stupid but I'm very nervous... my new boss should be here soon the only good thing I can think of is he's cute

I will survive this ROFL !!!

How's your monday everyone ?

Sorry I don't have time for personals but I'll be back
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone!

Brenda: I am sure that the pounds will be gone soon! Hope that you have a great day!

Jane: Glad that you had such a nice Thanksgiving with the DH. Hope you Dr's appt goes well this week. Sounds like you were really productive with the Christmas gifts this weekend. I can't get in the Christmas mood either. Hopefully we will get there soon!

Leenie: Hope all goes well with the new boss. That can be stressful when you don't really know what to expect from him. Good Luck!

I am sooo sleepy this morning. The past 2 nights I haven't been sleeping very well. Contractions woke me up early Sunday morning. Guess they were the false ones because only had 3 and then they went away! They weren't bad ones, just enough to where I couldn't sleep! The baby shower went great! I got lots of stuff for the little one. My brother and his wife got me a high chair. One of my aunt's got me a portable play pen. And I also gots lots and lots of clothes for her. My 14 y/o nephew got her a little soft doll. It was so cute. He's the sweetest thing. He's getting excited because this will be his first cousin on our side of the family! Best part of the day was my wicked witch Aunt didn't come! I know I'm bad...but just a lot a bad feelings between her and the rest of the family, and its just best she didn't come! My dad even showed up for a little while. (He lives next door to where the shower was) When he got home, he called back down there and said for me to stop by his house on the way out. When I got there he handed me a check for $200. Said he forgot to give it to me while he was there. He wanted to buy the crib for the baby, but wanted me to pick it out. I almost cried! Well, other that that, not much happened here this weekend. DH did get another deer Saturday, so now our freezer is full! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #6  

Leenie: Don't get too stressed over the new boss....wait and see what happens. He may turn out to be ok after all. Give him a chance.

Lisa: Glad to hear the baby shower went well. That must be so much fun getting all those cute little presents......you must be getting so excited. How sweet of your dad to do that for you. Take it easy today if you can...we don't need anymore contractions going on!

Brenda: Are you bummin today? Don't worry....you will do just fine. It will come off again. I am not worried about what I gained. What are you going to do It is just a way of life. We will always go up and down.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!!!

I am back and in full force!! Had a crazy T- day weekend but definantly READY to get back to being OP!!! Hope all of your had a great weekend and Holiday. I also got my Xmas shopping done on Friday!! YAHOOOOOOOOO!

Hello to everyone and I will check back in later.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning.

Down, don’t worry about over eating one weekend. You have already done great, by going back to rereading the book and remembering a few small details. Actually, my energy didn’t increase drastically in the first few days. I started noticing that I didn’t feel tired and more alert gradually, maybe even after I start exercising regularly, about two months into the program.

Leenie, I hope that your boss is not what you saw of him at first impression. Give him another chance, but if he is the way he is, calmly point out the things that bothers you about him. I am thinking of changing jobs and was talking to a friend about it, she told me that I have to be ready to accept the new places culture. It might be more relaxed, it might be fast paced and I should be ready to adjust. So I think your new boss will consider adapting to the culture of your office in the next few weeks and then hopefully you will be happy and relaxed again.

Jane, I am glad you and your husband celebrated again for just the two of you. Oh by the way, thank you for suggesting the place to get Cream Brulee dishes. I ended up going to Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were selling the kitchen torch along with the dishes so I got three sets and just like the host of Barefoot Contessa I let our guests caramelize their dessert, this way they could put as much sugar as they wanted on top and if anyone is curious, no Splenda doesn’t caramelize. Anyhow it was so much fun.

Lisa, before you know it your daughter is going to be here. I am glad you had a great time at the showers.

Well it seems that everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Mine was amazing too and this morning I am down 0.4 from last week. At first I thought this is great if I managed to lose during Thanksgiving weekend I am on my way to reach my goal before year’s end. But then I realized that my body goes through these stages that I lose comfortably for a few weeks and then get stock somewhere for a very long time. The times that I have gotten stock it was really frustrating and the reason was because I think I set myself up for it. I guess since I expected to lose when it didn’t happen it bothered me, but I think if I don’t expect it and it happens then I will even be happier. I know, pessimistic way of looking at it, but I really thing it will work for me. So I adjusted my attitude this morning. I think for me at this point, losing less than five pounds to get to my goal shouldn’t be that important to me. Since four or so pounds is not going to make a noticeable change in my body. I am sure I will be ecstatic when I get to my goal, but I think whenever I get there I am going to be thrilled. So my goal is to continue to eat healthy and not repeat what I went through just four short weeks ago. I don’t want to be an emotional eater again. I really have been lucky. For the past 7½ months I hadn’t have any difficulty, no major illness, no one giving me attitude, no pressure at work, basically smooth sailing. I want to change my job and I am sure that is going to be though until I find it, get it, and get settled in. But if I want to go on binges the way I did four weeks ago then I really haven’t done anything productive, since I am sure I will gain all the weight back and probably more. So my goal is to continue eating healthy. Enjoy this holiday season. Don’t sweat too much about what to eat at my friends. My motto is “If it is healthy I will eat it without any hesitation. But as soon as I feel full I will stop! And I will avoid any temptations.” For example, I will avoid eating cookies that my coworkers make, any chocolates that they bring in, basically any unhealthy snacks that they offer me I will politely say no to. The fun part, I have decided to make a note of all the times that I avoided these unhealthy snacks and then by Christmas I will buy the person that I have said no to more often a big present. Deep down, I think I am going to end up buying myself that big present, LOL, since I think I am my biggest tempter, LOL.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by rachelearth; 11-29-2004 at 10:28 AM.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Jane: Glad DH won't let you cancel your appt. You really need to get answers to your questions. Your Thanksgiving sounds heavenly. Glad it was great!! Yup, I'm bummed about the weight gain. I guess after having gained from the last time and not dumping that weight before Thanksgiving the added poundage just seems HUGE! Hoping it pops off before Christmas!!

Leenie: Hope the boss isn't as bad as you thought he'd be. Maybe give him a couple days to get adjusted and then if he's not any better inform him he's a corporal pain in the and to ship up or you'll ship him on the next boat

Lisa: Sounds like you got a lot of nice things! Your dad sounds like a sweetheart and you're entitled to not wanting certain people to come

TG: Congrats on getting your shopping done. I'm 3/4 done so I'm pretty happy about that. Just waiting to find out how much it's going to cost to fix my car before doing much else (like asking for a Christmas present). Hey, you and me on for an OP until Christmas, right!?

Rachel: Hmm....how about some cookies?...cake?...fudge? The list could go on. J/K. was picking cuz you said you'd buy the person you said no to the most a big present Sounds like you definitely have a goal. I need to sit down one of these days and RE-orient myself with my goal. See why I'm messing myself up and allowing this stuff to happen.

Well, so far I'm OP and have the headache to prove it. Not as bad as if I had gone w/out my can of Dt Coke...but still bad enough. I'm thinking of giving up the soda as well so that I'm forced to drink enough water. Also decided eating raw broccoli and cauliflower at work is NOT a good idea *burp* (ewww!!!!). So I'm needing to look for a decent, LC snack for work. Maybe try and do w/out the snack and then eat a lunch at home. But bring something in case I get the rumbly tummy going on. I'm REALLY hoping at least a pound or 2 will drop off this week. Then again, it serves me right. Did I mention we made Christmas candy this weekend? YIKES!! And in a couple weeks it's Christmas cookies. I need somehow to get some willpower. Oh, and told mom I can't eat over at her house anymore. Because she doesn't cook LC on the weekends anymore ( "I allow myself to go and eat what I want on the weekends") because I'm not the type that can eat what they want on the weekends and w/out gaining weight. She wasn't happy. GRR!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #10  

Brenda: Why can't she just make something low carb...meat, veggies etc? That isn't too tough. Or is she going for the pasta dinners?

Rachel: You have such a great attitude! I can't wait for you to hit your goal weight too! We will be here to hoot and holler!
Don't you just love Bed Bath & Beyond....oh I could spend a fortune in there sometimes....I lovezzzzz kitchen stuff!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jane, my mom figures seeing how she's happy with her weight then she should be able to eat "normal" again. I'm not about to disillusion her, but she doesn't understand WHY I don't want to continue eating carbs all the time. It's just NOT the way I can do things if I want to lose weight. And I've proven to myself that allowing myself to eat what I want disintegrates into a pigfest. She doesn't make LC stuff anymore. So we'll see how that goes.

I know it's not on induction and not too much low carb...but we're having chicken hot wings and a salad for supper. It's simple, easy and tasty. I wanted turkey but not sure what to make it into
Old 11-29-2004, 11:21 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Ooooh, turkey leftovers! What can you do with it?

Okay, how about this:

Coat the turkey pieces in salad dressing (or olive oil) and crushed spicy pork rinds, then bake them -or-
Soup! Turkey, broth, vegetables. Yummm! -or-
Nachos! put the turkey pieces on a plate, top with cheddar and heat them in the microwave, then eat with guacamole and salsa or pico de gallo

Who knows -- I'm just trying to be very creative because I have two huge ziploc baggies full of turkey!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote