Old 11-20-2004, 07:17 AM   #16  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I love Christmas, I love the feeling of Gods Gift to us wrapped up in a little blanket, so new, so innocent, so pure. Christmas is a great feeling, it always draws me back to the real meaning of why Jesus was sent to earth. A BABY, how precious.

Growing up, my Mom would decorate our fake tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, we loved it, and it would stay up until about the first week into January. My mom would pack the tree so much you couldn't see one branch (it was a sad charlie brown tree but when she got done, it was beautiful).

Christmas music was bing crosby, jim reeves, nat king cole, burl ives, you get the picture. It was making cookies, lots and lots. My dad (who passed away in 1984 of cancer) was a big old kid, he couldn't wait until christmas morning for us to open our gifts so we had a tradition of opening them on christmas eve heck us kids didn't mind lol.

Christmas eve we would all go to midnight mass, it was beautiful, I remember a few of them when it was snowing, how picture perfect is that.

Now that we are all grown, we all go back to my mom's for Christmas eve and I used to go to DH's parents for christmas day, but now that I have DD, I stay home both days, and I love it, no running and I actully get to enjoy making memories w/my DD and DH.

DH hates opening gifts on Christmas eve so what we do is we will open one and save the rest for the next day.

Christmas and Easter are my favorite holidays ...... Joy To The World The Lord Has Come, Let Earth Receive Her KING
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:19 AM   #17  
Baby Steps

ah...growing up. Having the tree all decorated, turning the lights off, lighting all the Christmas candles and watching Christmas shows. Making CHristmas cookies with Christmas music playing. Going to church and listening to my dad try and sing bass He's NOT a bass singer Since I got married, we usually go to his parents on Christmas Eve (plus to church w/his mom & sister) and then to my parents on Christmas. Used to go to his Grandma's after my parents so we always had to rush. Then one Christmas she decided to move the date she wanted to celebrate it and WE WEREN'T invited. Haven't been there since. And this year we're not going to his parents OR to church w/them (long story-some of you'll probably figure out why). So not sure what we're doing for Christmas Even this year. The DD's STILL believe in Santa
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote