Old 11-09-2004, 05:36 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Tuesday Chat, November 9th

Good Morning

Just starting this thing up, sit, have some coffee with me before I have to go to work.

How's every little thing ?

I owe, I owe, its off to work I go..............

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:41 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Enjoy your coffee. I've got my can of soda to take w/me to work. It's where I drink my "caffeine". Not sure why I don't drink it when I get up in the morning. Cuz I slug down a glass of water?

Well, DH got an 8 point buck last night. So we had to trail that sucker. Told him from now on, when he's providing for the family to make sure what he shoots drops in IT'S tracks. We had to go through the woods, over the road, through another set of woods. OVER a train track, through some more brush, then haul it up out of the water. GRRRR. I had wet shoes (Now I need a new pair), a wet butt (fell down a couple times), plus I had stick-tytes or whatever they're called on my sweatshirt. Only good thing is I can now claim some exercise
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday I had the WORST case of PMS!!! OMG! I was cranky and crampy and lazy and just not fit for public consumption!! Plus I was mad cause I didi great all weekend long UNTIL Sunday night when DH wanted to go out to dinner ( I knew I should not go cause of my PMS cravings, but did anyway and ended up totally messing up that night and yesterday which I am sure only made my PMS worse!

Sorry B I messed up on our weekend to be good but I am so happy you were OP!! What and inspiration you are, it really is possible to get thru the weekend OP!! Now I just have to do it!!!! So are we on for this weekend???

HI Leenie!!!

OP today and to the GYM!!!!! Yippeeeee
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #4  

Pop Tarts!!!!!!!!! I just ate some Pop Tarts

What the heck is the matter with me? I just can't seem to do this anymore.
*sigh*

I'm in on the Xmas challenge so I will have to start buckling down. I feel a little stressed so I know that isn't helping. And I can't get in any exercise because I have too much to do which in turn makes me stressed.

ok enough wining for today. I am really busy at work this week.

Brenda: Poor buck ...there he was just walking along in the woods and then BAM! Sorry.....couldn't resist Sorry you aren't feeling well. Good to know about those Ricola drops.

Theo'sgirl: I'm with you on the blowing it! At least you are always so good about getting in your exercise.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:35 AM   #5  

Morning Leenie

Brenda: My DH got an 8 pt buck on Saturday Evening. Luckily my 14 y/o nephew hunts near him and heard him shoot and helped drag the deer out. And luckily he dropped him within 10 ft of where he shot. Last year we weren't so lucky. He shot one and we trailed it for 2 days. Never did find it. My nephew found it a few weeks later and at least we got the antlers. DH is off all week to hunt. He'll be choosey now because the 8 pt was the biggest one he had ever gotten and so it's going to the taxidermy today to get mounted.

TG: Hope that you are feeling better! Good luck OP today and have fun at the gym!

Well, nothing new here. Me and DH went out to dinner last night and I even got him to go to the grocery store with me. He hates the grocery store, but at least he went with me where I wouldn't have to load everything by myself! His mom invited us to dinner tonight! I love eating at her house cause she always cooks everything homemade and is such a great cook! mmmmmm I can hardly wait for dinner Well, off to get ready for another day at work! I'll be glad when Thursday gets here. It's my day off, plus the ultrasound. Well, ya'll have a great day and I'll check back in this afternoon!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:38 AM   #6  

Jane: Think we were posting at the same time! Sorry that you are so stressed lately. It's so hard to stay OP when you're stressed. I hope you feel better soon, and hope that all of that stress vanishes. Have a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:40 AM   #7  

oh boy ain't that the truth!

Thanks Lisa...good luck today with the ultrasound. Let us know if it is definitely a girl!
Old 11-09-2004, 10:42 AM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning all!

Leenie - I know the "I owe I owe!" I need to get back to work!

Brenda - I couldnt tell you what a 8 point buck is! But good job to your hubby! You are so good downing water first thing! I need my coffee first!

TG - PMS! How well I know that. Have fun at athe gym today!

Jane - Put down the pop tarts and step away from the table! Hey, at least you came clean! Forget that you ate them and move on to the rest of your day. You can do it! Im sorry you are so stressed right now.

Lisa - Have a great day today! My MIL is a great cook like that too! I wish she wasnt so far away!

as for me, i have my Post-Op appt today at 10 AM. I am hoping to be cleared to drive again! I need to be able to run my own errands! I also have a brownie meeting today but I picked an easy try-it to do! one that does not require any movement on my part!

I'll check back in after my appt and let you all know what the doctor said!

OH! and my scale already shows 1.5 gone.. but I will wait till my official weigh in on Monday!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile Good morning from a newbie (to the group)...

Brenda graciously invited me to join you all here and I'm glad she did! I really need the support right now.

A little bit about myself....

I'm 43 soon to be 44, SAHM who has been married forever and have three children ages 26, 15 & 8 (yes, I have PCOS, lol) and I have two wonderful grandchildren, ages 2 & 4.
I started Atkins nearly 4 years ago and went from 256 to 189 in no time at all, then I got ill....I've had a few surgeries with my FINAL being this past Sept (axillary dissection and reconstruction not due to cancer but infection of my lymph system) and now I'm ready to get back on track and not only lose what I've gained, but I really want to reach my goal, finally.

My 15 year old son is joining me this go around and I'm excited to have a partner in this, I'm sad that he has a need to do it, but I'm happy that doing it was HIS idea and I didn't have to say a word...he's a big boy anyway, but he's been having some high blood pressure issues recently and that scares me.

Anyway, enough about me.

Leenie~ Have a great day at work.

Brenda~ Thanks so much for the invite and congrats to you and your hubby for snagging that 8 pointer!! Yes, it IS exercise, lol.

Theo's Girl~ I used to have really bad PMS, I mean REALLY bad. My doc put my on medication (anti-depressant) and all is well, again...except for the cravings!
Stress can do some not so kind stuff to us, try to take it easy and I find that journaling my feelings (privately) helps me deal with the issues rather than turning to food, which is my biggest obstacle. I wish you a stress free day!

June~ Same goes for you, too. Stress just seems to be part of our every day life and we need to find healthier ways to deal with it. I'm not nagging on my first day here, LOL!, , just sharing what I've learned myself. I wish you a stress less day, as well.

Mrs. H~ Congrats on your 8 pointer, too. Deer season here opens in August and it's over, now. My 15 year old got a nice buck this year, too.
Congrats on the upcoming birth of your daughter!! Her name is so pretty. Good luck with your ultrasound and share pics, if you can.

Karen~ Good luck with your post op appt. What kind of surgery did you have? I hope your healing is on schedule. Congrats on the 1.5 loss! Great job!

Well girls, I'm off to look around. It's been a while since I've been a participant here.

Hugs,
Rose
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #10  

Hi Rose. Welcome to our group. You will love it here. Thanks for the advise as well...you are to sweet.

Well I am off to lunch! Be back later all.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #11  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey Ladies!

Leenie-boy that coffee messes with me....I can do 1 cup but thats it

Brenda- Did you ask the deer nicely to get in your truck? You might try that next time MMMmmm-kay?

TG- Lordy...thats me EVERYDAY!

Jane-Isnt it funny? On this diet I will eat things I would never eat in real life!

Lisa- Boy i wish my DH hated the grocery store...he ALWAYS want to go with me and it takes him FOREVER!

Karen_ Good luck! I hope everything is a-ok...do you feel better than before?

Rose- I envy people who can journal....mine always end up sounding like a bad letter:
Dear Journal, how are you, I am fine, hope you are the same......

If I may I'd like to take a moment to say Happy b-Day to my darling Husband!....40 years old today! DD and I got up early and made him breakfast, and gave him his presents....tonight is dinner out and cake!!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Marie.. you kill me girl!!

Welcome Rose!!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:11 PM   #13  

Hi Marie: Happy BDay to DH.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:09 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Marie: Tell DH happy birthday from me OH!! Why didn't I think of that?? Next time I'll walk in the woods. Walk up to the deer and say "come here sweetheart. Jump in our truck so we can shoot you where you lay."

Rose: Welcome to our happy group!! Hope we can help support you as much as I'm sure we'll get support FROM you.

Karen: Let us know how the post-op appt. goes. How many Brownies do you have? We have 8 girls in the youngest DD's Junior Troop (she turned a Junior this year!!), and we have I think 10 or so in oldest DD's Cadette troop (she turned Cadette this year ). Isn't it fun?

Lisa: Congratulate DH for me on his buck. Those buggers aren't easy to come by!! Smart!! We already have an 8 pointers head on our wall so we don't need another!! I'm hoping that oldest DD gets something for gun hunting! Then we may have to get it mounted. She has a teacher in school that does mountings and fishing guides. He told her if she got a buck he'd mount it for her for free!! WOW!

Jane: Hope whatever's stressing you goes away soon. I just read somewhere that they're coming out with a low carb pop tart!! I wanted to find out where that was cuz it sounded good Try not to stress too much (I know, easier said than done) and stay away from the tarts

TG: What is it with PMS and cramps being so bad for us lately? My last TOM was NASTY!!! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Um. THIS weekend? Um...probably not Unless we don't count friday It's my anniversary

Can you believe it. I actually WANT to go exercise? I figured I'd check in, see how everyone's doing and then go pop in the WATP tape. Then maybe head to the grocery store and pick up some lettuce (seeing how we're out and I doubt I can go a night w/out a salad. OMG!! Who would ever have thought I'd say THAT also!! ). CHEERS!! I'm in an EXCELLENT mood and feeling MUCH better (no, I'm not on anything ) . ONWARD HOOOOOOOO!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie.

Rose- I envy people who can journal....mine always end up sounding like a bad letter:
Dear Journal, how are you, I am fine, hope you are the same......

If I may I'd like to take a moment to say Happy b-Day to my darling Husband!....40 years old today! DD and I got up early and made him breakfast, and gave him his presents....tonight is dinner out and cake!!
LMAO! That's how my journal probably started out.

Happy Birthday to your hubby!
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote