Old 11-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #1  
heyboygetasweaterrightnow

Default for you drinkers

have any of you tried a gin and tonic made with diet tonic water?

i'd like to try low carbing again because i feel so out of control off of it, but my biggest reservation is finding a good drink. (terrible, i know, but i am a college kid, haha).
modestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:34 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey MM, how are you doing ?

Diet tonic water ? Isn't tonic water just plain ol funky tasting no cal water anyway? I'm old and out of it.....let me check it out.

Sure enuf...here you go.

http://www.polarbev.com/products_mixers_diettonic.html

This has nothing to do w/it but check out this site !! HAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.ajpiano.com/miscellany/tonicwater/

Bacardi makes good LC drinks
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #3  
Somethin's gotta give

well, I could get past the diet tonic, but first I'd have to get past the Gin!!! EEWWWWYUCK!

I'm a bit of a drinkin girl myself MM and I make no apologies...I work hard and I try and take care of myself, and durn-it, some people are just WAY to boring to be around if I don't have a buzz

Have you tried some of the flavored vodkas? the cranberry is pretty good with diet 7up, and the citrus is yummy with crystal lite lemonade.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #4  
heyboygetasweaterrightnow

mmm, the flavored vodka sounds good, especially with the 7up! is flavored vodka a nono, though? i thought maybe the flavoring would add carbs.

i know what you mean about having a buzz haha. some people and situations just aren't the same without them.

leenie, i thought tonic water was kind of like a non flavored soda or something, haha. i'm not really sure. that black light pic was crazy! you learn something new every day. and i'll have to check out those bacardi drinks.

long island iced teas are my drink of choice... but i reckon those would be pretty hard to make low carb.
modestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:06 AM   #5  

Default diet tonic

gin and tonic is one of my fave drinks and sadly diet tonic tastes like retch-
scotch and soda is delish and soda water is just carbonated h20 (unless it's flavored etc).
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote