Old 11-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Where to find...

I want to learn to dance. Anyone have any clue where to find a tape to teach me? Both rock and country. Or do you have a tape/DVD that you would recommend me looking for specifically?
I love to dance but don't like to dance in public. And would definitely like to learn decently...not to mention it's great exercise
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:01 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda, I posted this question a while back.

The only ones I've found were line dancing, belly dancing or ball room. I would like to learn the latest dancing or dancing w/DH but not ball room or square dancing.

I only dance in public when I'm drunk, and I haven't been in 15 years.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

lol. I can slow dance. But that's all I'll do in public. I haven't been drunk in..um...a year? Before that it was like 15 years!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:47 PM   #4  
Somethin's gotta give

Ask your daughter....I swear Im AMAZED when I go to our school dances what 12 and 13 year olds can do....I'd love to learn to belly dance...when i dont have so much belly to work with.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:56 PM   #5  

Hi -

A while back I saw a late night tv ad about a video set (I think 3-4 from beginner to advanced) about exercise and dance called "Zumba". I believe it was along the salsa line of dancing with lots of energy and lots of dance moves.

You might find it on e-bay or Amazon.

Good luck....Allie
pyxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Marie: I've SEEN the way some of THOSE kids dance. There ain't NO way I wanna dance like THAT in PUBLIC My daughter and her troop went and had belly dancing lessons. I was too chicken to learn

Allie: Thanks for the info. That sounds like fun. They learned to do that also but I don't remember the steps on those!! I'll have to do some searching on that!