Old 10-17-2004, 10:17 AM   #1  
kelly

Default Atkins and forum questions...

hiya!

Im not new to Atkins but sometimes I forget alil bit about it..

Is it 20grams of Carbs a day for 2wks? Then after that, you add 5 carbs a week? Just wanted to make sure.

Also, a question about the Atkins food posting you do here.. Do you post everything you ate or just the carb food? I noticed nobody rarely ate eggs, cheese, and some bacon for Breakfast.. Thats what I usually ate when I did Atkins and it helped me alot!!! I dont think I was doing it wrong..isnt a..

whole egg- 0.6 gram carbs
cheese- american- 1 slice- 0.3 gram carbs
bacon- 3 pieces 0.1 gram carbs

equals to about 1.0 grams carbs for breakfast??

Its been almost a yr and a 1/2, since Ive done Atkins...well whatever I did back then worked. sheesh..I hope I didnt do it wrong...hahahhaa..

thanks ladies..
mrskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:36 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kelly and Welcome !!

Here's a FAQ thread that can help you, it was put together by the members here and their experiences. Hope you find it helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37873

The first thing I would suggest is getting a copy of the book, make sure its the current version. You might see several books that look exactly the same, you really need to pay attention to the copy date. Just get the newest one. You can even get used copys. The paperback verion is about $5. In our opinion, its a critical tool to have.

I don't post my food here, I use fitday. I don't really know what folks are eating but eggs and bacon I'm sure are in the menu. Thats what I used to eat. In a hurry its hardboiled eggs and turkey bacon YUM. No it is NOT wrong !! Again this is where the book will come in handy. It will help you not to second guess yourself.

Another thing is patience. You are going to make mistakes, this is a given, but don't worry, in a few weeks it becomes 2nd nature and you don't have to think about it.

I think your gonna do great.

Please read the thread posted above, check out atkins website. My friend went to the website got all the info from there w/out getting the book and she has lost 70 lbs so far. Geeepers LOLOL!!!!

Glad your here

Oh and don't forget to ask alot of questions, thats what we are here for
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:22 PM   #3  
on my way down again

Hi kelly, I eat the bacon and eggs. I had become sick of the porkrinds, but now they don't seem to be so bad. LOL It's my second time around too. Atkins' worked so well for me, but then I started adding breads, snacks, etc. back into my life until I was not following it. That was a big mistake for me since I'm a true carb addict. I recently gained a large amount of weight back, but I caught it before it all was back on me. So I'm new with you and many others here on the "restart".

I have the $5.00 Atkins yellow-covered New Revolution book. I bought the new white covered one and still have to read it.

I also go to Atkins.com and signed up for "My Atkins." I love the food finder list personal recipe box, shopping list and personal and journal. I just signed up for their news letters again too.

I've joined FitDay a few days ago like many others here--still learnig how to work that one. You're going to do great!! I'm so glad you're here!!
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #4  
kelly

Whats Fitday?
Old 10-17-2004, 02:39 PM   #5  
on my way down again

Hi Kelly,

FitDay.com is a diet & fitness journal | calorie & nutrition counter | weight loss tracker.

I'm just starting out with it, so I'm not too familar with it yet. I have to spend more time on it.

I see there's one we can buy for $20 so we can use it offline. I might like that one, if I can learn how to use this one. LOL
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #6  
kelly

I went to the website..Seems pretty cool. I entered all my food I have eaten so far and it calculated it for me..yah! hehehee...I havent really looked around at everything else. But I will...

Thanks for the help ladies.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:23 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

mrskelly---I eat eggs and sausage for breakfast. And if you wish, you can stick to 20 (or under) carbs for longer than induction (2 weeks). Most everything we eat is posted...and counted if it has carbs. I haven't been posting what I eat...well.....cuz I screw up a lot on the weekends But most often if I ate cheese for lunch I'd post the carb count for that. Salads, meat (0 carbs most often unless seasoned),etc were listed. And depends on how the bacon's made..could be more carb count than you think. So you have to watch your packages on that.
Welcome
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:33 PM   #8  
kelly

another dumb question... I should know all of this hahhaa...I have the book..plus an Atkins worksheet w/all the carbs, foods, and its quanities. but I just wanted to make sure..if..

wheat bread (1 slice) has 11.8 carbs but only 1.0 net carbs...

does that mean I can have the slice of bread and count it as 1.0? or 11.8?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:41 PM   #9  
kelly

forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking at the wrong column!!!!!!!

11.8 carbs
10.7 net carbs
Old 10-18-2004, 02:02 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

I was going to ask where you got that type of bread becuase if it wasn't LC and that low of a count I wanted some!! lol
Old 10-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #11  
Somethin's gotta give

MrsKelly- My DH is from GA. Where are you located?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:38 PM   #12  
kelly

hahahaha lady adnerb..I know right....

marie- Im in Gainesville, Ga. Where is your DH from? Not that Im really familiar w/Ga...but ya never know!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kelly, don't forget, in Fitday, you can adjust your carbs on each item that they have listed. I think the button to click on once you have selected an item is - Customize This Food.

This way, say you eat cabbage every day, you can adjust the carbs (carbs minus fiber) for your true count.

Its a great tool !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:12 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

I keep forgetting to go to fitday. I forget to weigh myself every week for official WI...and I seem to forget how to stay OP during the weekend
Old 10-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

I'ts not me thats forgetting...it's the scale...it's forgetting to go DOWN.

MrsK- My DH is from Dalton....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote