Old 10-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #16  

Karen: I will be thinking of you! Good luck. When is the actual surgery date?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:14 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

Karen: Isn't pre-op usually done the day before the surgery? If so they still going to do it with TOM on it's way? Or is that why they chose it so fast? Hope all goes well and you no longer have the pain!!

Barbie:Congrats on the poundage lost. Keep up the good work!!

I keep looking out the window expecting the "S" to start any time. lol. And I never got around to raking the leaves up!!! Looks like there will be Spring clean up again. I forgot the lawn mower RAN (but didn't mow) so I could have been pulling the lawn sweeper catching those buggers up into a pile and saving raking time!! Now w/the rain/S it doesn't look like I'll get to them soon. GRR
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #18  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

My surgery is scheduled for the 25th. If Tom is still around them, they can still do it.. no problem. My biggest goal right no is to NOT get sick! My DD just got over pink eye and my son has this Horrible cough!

But I am looking forward to feeling better!!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #19  

Brenda: Don't know about Karen's surgery but when I had surgery this past year the pre-op was done the week before. IT'S GOING TO SNOW???

Barbie101:
Old 10-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #20  

Karen: I had a bad cold and bronchitis the first time they did my bladder surgery. I thought for sure they wouldn't do it...but they said no problem.
I have been thinking of you lately....I have a cold and the asthma doc told me to make sure I use my flovent inhaler at the first sign of a cold and I swear it prevented me from getting bronchitis really bad! Do you use Flovent?(I know you have asthma too)
You will be laid up for about 6 weeks?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #21  
Somethin's gotta give

Good luck Karen...I'm sure it will go smooth as silk
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #22  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760
Karen: I had a bad cold and bronchitis the first time they did my bladder surgery. I thought for sure they wouldn't do it...but they said no problem.
I have been thinking of you lately....I have a cold and the asthma doc told me to make sure I use my flovent inhaler at the first sign of a cold and I swear it prevented me from getting bronchitis really bad! Do you use Flovent?(I know you have asthma too)
You will be laid up for about 6 weeks?
Nope.. I am using Foradil, Pulmacort 2x a day and spiriva 1x a day. Plus Singular at night, and Zyrteconce a day.. I have to keep all that up every day until mid november minimum! UHG!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:21 PM   #23  

Karen: GEEZ! You poor thing....I know you have really chronic asthma but that is a lot to deal with everyday. I take the Zyrtec too! That is the only allergy med that has worked for me.....well sort of worked.....kind of works....well works better than any other one I ever took.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #24  
I'm a Jovi Girl

LOL! It only sort of, kind of works for me too! I am on all that stuff because of my dear Sophie. even though she has a new home and we have cleaned from top to bottom.. there is still dander in the house and we want to be sure my lungs get me through surgery! And after we dont want me coughing!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #25  

I have not pets....what's my excuse! Funny thing is is that I grew up with a dog and cats! They never bothered me then but boy do they now!
Maybe I'm allergic to my DH.....yeah, that's it! It's his fault!

Well, I know you will do just fine in surgery. I hope your recovery goes well too. Please let us know before you go and check in when you can. We will be thinking of you.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:36 PM   #26  
Somethin's gotta give

thats it! I wondered why my eyes had been so itchy!....the most hairy thing I have in my house is Dale....well and Vinnie our DD cat....Vinnie was out all night and came in black from head to toe ( he's a white persian) Dale just recently IM'd me:

Dale: Well....I gave Vinnie a bath
Me: how did it go?
Dale: Not so much good.
Me: How badly are you bleeding
Dale: well, that depends- a bright red spray is a jugular wound and a pumping gush is an arterial thing right?
Me: right.Which one do you have
Dale:Both
Me: get the bactine.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:06 PM   #27  
Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie.
thats it! I wondered why my eyes had been so itchy!....the most hairy thing I have in my house is Dale....well and Vinnie our DD cat....Vinnie was out all night and came in black from head to toe ( he's a white persian) Dale just recently IM'd me:

Dale: Well....I gave Vinnie a bath
Me: how did it go?
Dale: Not so much good.
Me: How badly are you bleeding
Dale: well, that depends- a bright red spray is a jugular wound and a pumping gush is an arterial thing right?
Me: right.Which one do you have
Dale:Both
Me: get the bactine.
OMG. TOO funny. I can't imagine my DH IM'ing me. Sounds kind of fun
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:48 PM   #28  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Barbie

Karen sweetie, good luck w/your surgery. Please come in here and remind us when the time gets closer (I forget so much....major brain farts is what it is) this way we can all say some prayers for you. I hope your testing went well today.

Hugs !!

Well I'm off to put DD to bed. Just stuffed my face w/popcorn, light and yes, its in my plan LOL!! Just don't ever get the Cinnabon Popcorn OH LORDY! 700 calories for a small bag but boy oh boy is it good.

I know what your all thinking BIT*H RIGHT !!! LOLOL !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #29  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_adnerb
OMG. TOO funny. I can't imagine my DH IM'ing me. Sounds kind of fun
LOL Brenda! My DH IM's me all the time.. and he works downstairs!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! I had a 4 hour appt today! But all the pre-registration is done, the EKG and the blood work! the doc is even ordering a dose of prednisone in my IV just in case. Fortunately my lung function is really good though!

I will check in before I go. I will be a nut case all next week. DH will be gone from Sun-Friday night to Jax again for training! ACK. Add 2 field trips, soccer Practice and Dance to that and you will have one wacko Karen!

I will need to check in just for my sanity!