Old 10-11-2004, 12:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Monday Chat - Oct 11th

Good Morning

I'm up and well I thought I might as well start the threads. I am starting my TG's challenge TODAY!!!!!!!!!! NO CHEATS

How was your weekend ?

I'm heading back to bed now (its 12:10 am ) so I'll chat more when I get to work.

Hugs !!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Today is a good day to start the TG challenge. Even though I was OP yesterday :P I'm hoping a challenge will keep me OP for a change.

Well, like I posted yesterday, the picture taking went great. The pictures turned out awesome (IMO!) . The hard part was choosing which one I liked best. So I chose a few and then had DH choose which ones he liked best of them. So now I can take them today and get wallet sized and 8x10's made....until I find out how much to make the family picture big enough for the wall. That'd be what....11x13??? Anyway, I'll scan them and post them probably later today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #3  

I am at an inpass ladies....not sure what to do. This WOE is just not working for me anymore. I am tired of it. I am not saying I believe I should go back to a carb filled diet .......I just need more. Yesterday at the store I bought a bag of baby carrots. I mean.....how can something good for you be bad for you? I also bought some yogurt. Which I know isn't bad for you but the carb count is high. I don't know what to do.
I thought maybe I would add a few things and count my points again as in Weight Watchers but keep it low carb. I don't know.........confusion, confusion......... I may try it for a week or so and see if I can kick this body back into the weight loss mode.

Brenda: Loved the pictures.

Leenie: You still not sleeping? I finally am....don't want to get up in the morning now either.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Mornign ladies!!!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long, last week was crazy! Got home from Vegas to DH remodeling the bathroom and then DS started pre-k which is 3 days a week, which took some juggling and then I got bronchitis and so did DH!!! OMG it was crazy!! I am so happy to be back and feeling better, last week I was not OP by any means! But I am starting back today and I am gonna sign up for the Thanksgiving day challenge!!! Yippeeeeee OOOOOO and then that reminds me how close XMAS is....YIKES!!!!

Gonna catch up more this afternoon I have alot of reading to do, but gotta get to work now.

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:54 PM   #5  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey girls!

Leenie- you poor thing, not sleeping is the worst- I've started sleeping but I wake up every hour and stare at the clock....

Brenda- Again, those pics are gorgeous....you SIL is probably gonna eat her heart ou that she didnt participate!

Jane- I did that too....I just got so tired of the restriction and so I started on white rice, tomatoes, special K...that kind of "healthy" thing...within about a week i had gained 8 pounds....I just looked in the mirror one day and realized my face was huge...maybe I woul have leveled eventually but it was just too scary...good luck

TG--Im gonna sign up for that challenge too!I've got to get serious!

Well, you may all enjoy this....On thursday evening I went to bed while the hubby was taking a shower -below is a "before" pic ( yes, I did a bad thing)

see... I was cleaning the bathroom on Wednesday and his trimmer ( beard) fell off the counter, but it was plugged in with a sproingy cord so it just hit the floor and kinda bounced.....( I thought)...When I woke up on friday and he woke up I noticed he had the sheet pulled WAY up under his eyes....I guess when the trimmer hit the floor it jammed the guide back from a 5 ( long trim) to a 1 (SHAVE)......yep- he went straight up from the bottom of his chin and up the center of his goatee....right to the skin....and I was left with a bald baby!

(well poo- I cant get it to make this new picture show! I'll webpage it tonight and do it then....he looks so different!)

He wants to know if any of you ladies might be of the religion where you might have a spare burka you could lend him

Last edited by marie.; 10-11-2004 at 12:58 PM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Jane: Maybe that's my problem also. Maybe I'm just too bored with this WOE? And that's why I can't stay OP? Umm..should I mention I've been using a couple carrots in my salads? lol. Hope you start the burning process again soon

TG: I know, can you believe how the time is flying? Let's not forget Halloween in there. ARGH!!

Marie: Oh too funny. If you hadn't told me it was an accident I'd have thought you didn't like goats (which I'm not fond of) and did it on purpose. lol. So how mad did he get? And maybe that'll teach him not to leave it on the counter where it could ( and does ) get knocked off??

Well, so far I'm OP. I did some errands after work and I just don't feel like doing the rest of what's on my list. All I want to do is take a nap. I had to take some sinus meds today and that's making me tired. I didn't even TRY and go caffeine-free today. I had enough of a headache. Trying to figure out what to have for supper. DH will have a wrap I'm sure. lol. Maybe steak and a salad. The girls can have a pizza. Sounds good to me
Old 10-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #7  
Somethin's gotta give

Har! it was an accident....I swear. I didnt like facial hair either until I met him, but his is soft and fine so its actually nice....He wasn't mad at all, he's so funny, he's the most patient person Ive ever known...and boy does he need it married to me!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:38 PM   #8  

I am getting bronchitis!!!!!

I tried to call my asthma doc to see if he could give me some cough med but they are closed for the holiday

Can you tell I'm not happy about this
Old 10-11-2004, 03:40 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Marie: You're so lucky having a patient spouse!!! Then again, I used to be patient too...and now look at me

Jane: Sorry to hear you're getting sick. Hope you can get some meds and get over this fast!!!

I just got done hanging the pictures on the wall. OMG I'm so happy with them! I guess the reprints turned out ok after all. Now I need matching SPECIAL frames to put them in. PLUS I need a bigger family picture in the middle to round it out. Oh this is SOOO cool.. In-laws eat your heart out
Old 10-11-2004, 03:47 PM   #10  

You tell em Brenda!

Marie: What a hairy situation!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:00 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jane: Now THAT was funny!!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:11 PM   #12  

Love your new avatar!!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:37 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Thanks. I cut myself out of one of the pictures I didn't use. lol That's actually a bridge behind me
Old 10-11-2004, 05:03 PM   #14  
on my way down again

HI Everyone, It sounds like everyone's doing great OP today. I'll be in on the TG challenge with everyone...clear through New Year's Day challenge

Leenie, Sorry you don't sleep well. I've been waking up at 3:30 a.m. the past two nights, and hope tonight's different. I'm glad you're on the no-cheat plan today. I hope it's going well.

Brenda: That's great news you had the family pictures done! :clap: Oh, I made the chicken mushroom dinner w/o the wine last night and it was great, so I'm going to try it with clams and bacon instead of chicken and wine next time. Oh! I just saw your Avatar. You look great!

Jane: Sorry to hear you're getting Bronchitis. That's a real energy zapper. I hope you feel better soon.

TG, Glad you're back and feeling better. I hope your daughter love pre-K.

Marie: I laughed out loud and then had DH asking me what's so funny. I had to add Brenda's comment about the goats. LOL (Nice picture of DH.)

Last edited by Barbie101; 10-11-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote