Old 10-06-2004, 05:13 PM   #16  

Ooh...that WHOOSH will be so exciting......

I'm posting to keep from eating something I shouldn't. hehe. I figure if I stay busy I will stay good. I've had a horrible horrible day and my response to that is always something bad for me (usually a milkshake.....sometimes just some really great chocolate chip cookies from the bakery.......) Crap I wish I hadn't even thought of those!

I hadn't heard of the purple stick = dehydration thing....although it makes sense when you think about it. I got some keto testing strips at the pharmacy.....they're called ketostix. I'm gonna start testing tomorrow, that'll be the 4th day.

Is the flan recipe in the NDR book? I need to look at those recipes some more. I can already tell that it's going to be a long two weeks if I don't figure out some different types of meals and snacks!!

Meg
Megs6703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:33 PM   #17  
Somethin's gotta give

Meg- I do that too- bad day = eat something not good....now I think I transfer it to drinking so...When you all come to my funeral from liver failure be sure to comment on how fab I look in my burial outfit.

I use ketostix too..I like it, gives me hope.

the flan is on the last page of recipes in the book....but I dont like that "Cooked eggey" taste ( texture) so I put it in the blender...it makes it smooth and after it goes into the fridge it sets up very nicely.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #18  

So I got through the day yesterday and stayed on track! yay! So here's yesterday:

Breakfast: two fried eggs and two turkey sausage patties and two cups of decaf coffee with splenda and heavy cream

Lunch: leftovers of the flank steak I had the night before

Dinner: Salad with oil and red wine vinegar (didn't like that either...I think I'm gonna have to break down and make an actual salad dressing....) and pork tenderloin that was 3 carbs per serving.

Snacks: as always, cheese cubes, beef snack bites, and devilled eggs!

Guess I need to come up with new snacks too. Those cheese cubes are GREAT though because they have so much flavor. Plus I love cheese.

This morning I was sitting in class and I just noticed that I was really hungry all of a sudden and I realized that I never ate breakfast this morning. Now, I know that's bad, but at the same time I was amazed because I actually forgot to eat, you know? Like, normally in the morning the first thing I do is figure out what to eat because I'm starving....and today I apparently never thought of it. Crazy.

Oh and I tested myself and according to my ketostix I have a moderate amount of ketones.

Yay!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #19  

Meg and others,

I was so hungry,after skipping breakfast, that I bought our truck drivers lunch. It was just a grilled chicken breast. It was really good and saved me from straving......
I'm so glad he's a health-nut.......

I drink coffee with heavy cream and splenda too. I hope that doesn't mess up the plan too much.....

Oh and I did lose a pound yesterday, I knew it had to start coming off if I'm not cheating and working out....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:21 PM   #20  
Baby Steps

Congrats on the lost pound Star

Congrats to the people OP. One of these days I'll get it right again. I'm in the "stress induced eating" phase again. GRRRR.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:55 PM   #21  

Star- I thought coffee as long as it's decaf, heavy cream, and splenda were allowed?? I think you're allowed like, 2 tbsp of splenda a day or something. I can't live without my coffee!

Brenda- I totally hear you on the stress eating. That was how I felt all day yesterday.....I just kept reminding myself how much I really hate induction (more on that in a minute) and how if I messed up then I'd have to start all over again and it would be even LONGER before I could quit induction!

I hate induction. SO MUCH. I think the reason why is because I absolutely love to cook. LOVE to cook. And like, this might sound psycho but every night (except maybe once a week when we go out to eat or something) I'll have a full home-cooked meal on the table. And like, every weekend I would make some type of fabulous dessert. And now, I keep looking at my husband and like, apologizing! What makes it worse is that my husband is actually trying to gain weight (his metabolism disgusts me) so he really doesn't need to be doing low carb.....but I have so much going on that it's hard to do two meals each night, you know?

My husband HAS to drink two milkshakes a day. He puts protein powder in them. How ridiculous is that? I wonder what it's like to try to GAIN weight...

Megs
Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 AM   #22  
Baby Steps

OMG Meg I feel for you!!! I don't know what it'd be like having to live w/a DH that has to GAIN weight while I'm trying to lose it. Life sure isn't fair is it? God didn't dole out the "issues" very well
Old 10-08-2004, 08:55 AM   #23  

Meg,

It sounds like your DH is one lucky guy. You have a home cooked dinner everynight and special desserts on the weekends..can I come live with you?

Oh how I wish I had his "weight" problem, I would be in heaven.......
Old 10-08-2004, 12:54 PM   #24  

I KNOW! It amazes me how he can eat and eat and eat. If I ate like, a third of what he does in day I'd be huge!

So today has been another terrible day and it is so hard for me not to turn to my good old junk food. I found out this morning that I have polycystonic ovarian disease.....I just found out in august that i have endometriosis. When I found out about the endometriosis I was upset but I got over it and just understood that it might take extra work for me to get pregnant. And now I found out about the PCOD and I'm like.....now I have two things working against me instead of one, you know? It's just frustrating. I mean, I'm only 24. We're not trying to have kids right now or anything. That probably frustrates me even more.....I'm not even trying to get pregnant yet and I'm already having fertility problems!

Sorry to ramble about this but I don't really want to talk to anyone about it and I need to sort of vent, I guess. So now I just really want to go home and make a cake and eat the whole darn thing. Even just one chocolate candy bar would probably make me feel better. But I know that one bar is going to throw me out of induction and we all know how much I HATE induction so I'd hate to have to start over.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:20 PM   #25  

Meg

(((Hugs))) From me to you.... I feel really bad for you. I wish I could offer you help, but I don't know anything about your condition. All I know is that I hope you have family and friends to help you deal with this news. It sounds like your husband will be your best support.

Don't feel bad about rambling on - that's the cool thing about these boards, we are here for each other.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #26  
Baby Steps

Meg: Sorry to hear about the news you've been getting. Hope all turns out well for you. Any hope of starting a family soon? And feel free to vent away. I've done it TONS of times. These women are great for that

Star:

Back to induction for me. ARGH!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 01:38 PM   #27  

Hi Brenda

Just thought I'd mention, my induction was over Wed. but I've decided to stay on longer....I think the pounds will be going soon. Actually, I don't feel confident enough to start adding many more carbs.....so I'll be around here for awhile........
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #28  
Baby Steps

Hi Star...I've been on (and off ) induction since January. My problem is once I added carbs...I added the WRONG carbs. lol. It actually started innocently..but then I added too MANY carbs...that led to the WRONG carbs....and of course that means starting over for me. And lately I have a problem staying OP.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #29  

Oops- I guess I forgot to post on the weekend! I'm not going to go through all my meals- but I think I did a good job of staying low carb.....I did sort of have a weak moment last night and just NEEDED chocolate so I went and bought a bag of low-carb chocolates. Then I did the ketostix and I was back to pale pink (which I think is no ketones....)

So no more of that. I was really surprised by that. I'm trying to figure out if something went wrong somewhere else. I don't know. Hopefully it won't take me long to get back in ketosis since it was just a few pieces of chocolate.

Does anybody know anything about that kind of stuff? It was the russell stovers low carb chocolate truffles.

It could've been worse. My family went out for lunch after church at this really really great restaurant but I just got two cheeseburgers with no bun, lettuce only, mayo on the side, and nothing else. Then my nephews had their bday party last night and I didn't have any cake or ice cream!

I'm doing a little better with the whole PCOD thing. I have an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday so I will find out more about it then. I think knowing more will calm me down. Thanks for listening, gals.

Star- I bet I'll stay on induction longer than 2 weeks too. Now that I'm getting used to it it's not so bad- and like you I'm afraid to start adding in carbs. I'm afraid I won't be able to stop!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:23 PM   #30  

Hi Girls,
Well I forgot to tell ya'll I was headed up north for the weekend. I actually was down 20 pounds on Saturday morning, but it was short lived. On Monday night we visited my DH's mom and she forced me to eat things off plan. You know how those good intending relatives tell you how "this won't hurt you." Well once she forced me to eat some garlic bread I decided that I already blew it and we may as well stop at Dairy Queen on the way home. That was a HUGE mistake, becuz on the scale this morning I was up,up,up. Now I'm in major damage control and hope to be back down by Friday........Now I'm mad at all these good intention people. Why do I always choose not to hurt their feelings over my goal to stay on plan?????? No more, it's war now.....