Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Blew My Stack

I've just gone and blew my stack. I mean, I knew my sister-in-law was a *****, but I didn't realise how much of one until tonight. See, I want to get a family photo taken. Hubby, his bro, his sis and his parents. PLUS I wanted hubby's bro, his wife and her kids pictures taken, etc. But what happens? She blows me off for TWO freakin weeks about the date. So I call her and ask her about it and she's like "What's this all about." so I remind her. She's like, I'm sorry, this is the first I've heard about it and we really don't have any weekends free. BULLSHIT!!!! So what do I do? Of course, being the ***** that I am, I stop her mid-sentence and tell her "I'm going to stop you right now. I'm going to tell you I'm getting VERY angry and I'm going to end this phone call before I say something I truly WILL regret saying. You KNEW about this because I had talked to you before about it and you don't have time all of a sudden? FINE. Then looks like we'll do this all without you!. Have a good night." Then I hung up.

Hubby's bro told me she makes up the schedule and is the boss. So he wouldn't be any help--he doesn't stick up to her.

So am I in the wrong???
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:13 PM   #2  
Somethin's gotta give

**** NO. sounds to me like you've got one of "those" SIL's.....I say go girl- tell her what you think....and then do it without them if you have to....she makes the schedule?? sounds to me like some man needs to grow a set.....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Yah. He's such a ditz over her it's unbelievable!! He's building (yes, from his own hands along with a full-time job!!) her this huge *** log house. And yes, my DH helped him a LOT over the summer. He gets to take a break to go fishing with HER brother. His SISTER. But to fish with his own brother?? Nope, can't get off for that. We're done seeing if they need help. We're done being nice (at least I am. I was born to be a ***** I think). Why should we bother when they're not making an effort to do likewise? At least be nice is what I'm asking!!! It seems she's nice when SHE wants to be. When SHE wants SOMETHING.

I'm going to quit now. Otherwise I'll be ranting ALL DAY!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:45 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sounds like everything is about "HER"

Bren, take your business elsewhere. One thing I have learned about working or trying to work w/family.......... DON'T!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Awhhhh B blow her and him off, don't let them bug you....and no he is not being a ditz for her...that is called being P*ssywhipped!!! hahahahahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Yup. But as I told DH.....I want to tell the MIL that her other son won't be there NOW. That way on picture day she's not pissy looking.