Old 07-07-2004, 09:07 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday, July 7th Chat

Good Morning Everyone Happy Wednesday!!!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:13 AM   #2  

Well, it's finally Wednesday. That means I am off work tomorrow!!! Got plenty to do around the house that I have neglected all week, so am sure I will be working around here all day!

Brenda: I think it was you that asked yesterday how long DH would be on the graveyard shift. Well he will be working 3pm-3am the rest of this week. Next week he will be doing 3pm-1am. He will probably be on that shift anywhere from 8 months to a year. He is in maintenance, and they had a guy quit last week. Takes anywhere from 6 months to a year to train a person, and they haven't even interviewed yet so really no telling how long this will last! At one time I was so used to him working those hours it didn't even bother me. Seems now that it is too quiet here at night. But I will get used to it in time I am sure!

Karen: Thanks for asking about the pregnancy. Everything is going great. The morning sickness is getting better. Who named it morning sickness?? Mine has been morning/noon/night But they say that is a good sign for some reason! I will be 3 months next week, and gonna start buying stuff after that! Heard an old wives tale that it was bad luck to buy anything before 3 months. But lucky for us...we have twin neice/nephew that are 6months old so we will be getting a lot of "hand-me-downs" I still have the cradle that my mom bought when I was born, it's in excellent shape, so definately gonna use that!

Well, hope everyone has a great day! I'll check back in later this afternoon. Off to get ready for work now!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #3  
Head Princess

Wow. How is it that I'm the 2nd one to post today? That never happens!

Mrs H - Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well! **I'm pre-apologizing if the following comment is offensive** I was joking with my mom the other day about how kids are the most brutal STD you can get Ok, I'm bad, I know.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I worked from 6:00 - 6:00 with a nice lunch break at a mongolian place in the middle. By the time I got home, I was wiped out so I took a nearly 2 hour nap while some ribs were slow cooking in the oven. It worked out well.

Side note: Kraft's low carb bbq sauce is really good! It tastes a lot more like the real thing than Atkin's or Walden Farms.

Anyway, today is more work from 6:00 - whenever and then I'm supposed to be going to a work-related bbq. Everyone else is going for the whole afternoon, but us contractors have to wait until the work day is over. *sigh* Ack! Only 4 weeks till my contract is up! I'm getting a bit nervous....

Anyway, coffee time for me! Have a wonderful day, everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Sleeping alone IS the pits. Then again, I remember when I was pregnant and wished I COULD sleep alone so I could hog the bed Glad the pregnancy is going well.

Star: Wow, you're early!! Sounds like you're in a busy place. Are you hoping to get a job that's just as busy?

Well, I couldn't get in earlier due to internet problems at home. They can't come and fix it until this weekend, so I won't be online after today. I've got off tomorrow and Friday. So unless they fix it I'll be MIA.
I managed to stay OP! WOOHOO!!! Tempted to eat ice cream but I've restrained myself. DH bought some macadamia nuts. I had 3 yesterday and I think I've got about 6 today. They're my snack. I know, not supposed to have nuts, but I hadn't cut up the broccoli and cauliflower and needed something to munch on. It was either these or zcarb bars
I'm not happy with the scale. I'm REALLY looking forward to it starting to go DOWN for a change
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:37 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

Lisa - The morning sickness may subside shortly, then again, it can continue through the entire pregnancy. I had one of each. Are you eating before taking your vitamins? That can help. Glad everything is going well. I couldn't wait to get past the feeling and looking ft stage to where it was clear that I was just pregnant!

Star - Up eary again huh? You sure work long hours.

Yesterday was just a normal day. Glad it's Weds. only today and tomorrow then off for 3 days or if I do decide to, off for 11 days for vacation. Haven't decided yet.

Today should go by quickly. I have a Seminar for the Death & Dying class for the college that will take all morning. I do this about 6 times ayear. Always interesting to say the least. Have a good day everyone!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Laura: Death & Dying huh? What exactly do they talk about? Or don't I wanna know?

Ok, I'm ready to go home. I do not deal with people well. Especially when they say I did something wrong and don't give me a chance to even figure out what their problem is!!! Stupid old bat! She needs to just go and
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Brenda - I go stark-raving mad if I'm not busy. I'm a stress-oriented worker, so the pressure is good for me. Good job at staying on plan! And as long as you can limit the macadamia nuts to just a few, what's the big deal? Go Brenda!

Morti - The long hours are only because I'm working 3 days this week and since I'm a contractor, I don't get holiday or vacation pay. I got to pay those bills somehow! Cool seminar! Have fun at it!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Hey Brenda - remember that stress thing? Down, girl!

Thought for the day (say it with me, everyone):

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Good morning!

Lisa - 12 hour shifts - blech! And I don't remember if I ever said it, but congrats on the baby.

Star -
Quote:
I was joking with my mom the other day about how kids are the most brutal STD you can get
Funny, I heard someone make a joke almost identical to this the other day!
Any prospects at the end of your contract? A renewal, perhaps?

So, I'm stopping in to say hi after a bit of a hiatus ... it seems like it's been quiet around here anyway. I'm just busy with thesis work, and will continue to be so for the next month, so I'm sure that I will be missing in action again for much of July. I've been on-plan, off-plan, up, down, every which way ... circular motion, not really making progress, too hot and humid...blah, blah, blah...

Last weekend I was in Toronto visiting my friends from uni. I also had to go to a wedding of one of my good friends. It was a Muslim wedding (actually the wedding part of it was about 1.5 years ago so it was really just the reception this weekend - a little late, but knowing my friend, I was not surprised!).

It was really interesting - I've never been to a wedding other than my hometown weddings before, and my hometown weddings are pretty standard: get married in a church, take pictures, have dinner and a reception, dance to country and/or rock or oldies music. So...this was way different. It was held in the community centre behind the mosque, and the men and women had separate receptions (though I knew before hand that the men and women were to be separated, but it's still interesting to see). Their whole 'community' was invited, so there must have been about 200 women. There were about 5 of us invited from my university class, so at least I knew some other people there. I felt a bit underdressed, but I figured that even if I dressed up a bit more, I was going to stand out anyway since everyone else was wearing typical Indian style dresses, and I wasn't.

In some ways it was just like other receptions I've been too, with a buffet meal (though a bit spicier food was served than I'm used to), and wedding favours, and a few speeches and a slide show. But then it was different in that there was also the times when it was time for their prayers so the women would either go into the mosque to pray or pray at one end of the room, and not being able to take pictures of the bride if she didn't have her hijab on, and not seeing any men at all. But overall, I had a lot of fun visiting with my friends and it was neat to see this other aspect of my friend's life. She looked great, like an Indian princess.

Later in the summer another good friend of mine from uni is getting married, and her parents want her to have a traditional Indian (Hindi) wedding, and she doesn't mind...so I get to go to another interesting wedding! I'm really looking forward to this one - it will also be huge...she said her parents invited their 'community' too, so I should expect about 500 people at the reception! Yikes!

Then my third wedding is a wedding in Quebec City, so that will be entirely in French, which should add an interesting element to that wedding, too.

I feel so cultural this summer. Too bad I couldn't afford to go to my friend's wedding in Shanghai last December, to really round out my wedding experience.

Anyway, hope everyone has a pleasant day, and I'll try to drop in more often if I can,

Julie

ETA:

Hey there Brenda!

Laura - a Death and Dying Seminar - that certainly doesn't sound too uplifting...

Last edited by Lekker; 07-07-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:08 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPrincess
Hey Brenda - remember that stress thing? Down, girl!

Thought for the day (say it with me, everyone):

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
I tend to get upset WAYYY Too easily. I never used to be like this until I quit smoking

Star, you're the exact opposite of me. I don't do well with high stress/busy jobs. Even though THIS one is getting on my nerves and I'm hoping to in a year or two switch. I need a different setting.

Julie: Welcome back and you sound like you had fun. Those weddings sound like a lot of fun

My boss just told me that woman is a royal pain in everyone's butt. And not to take offense. I think she's senile the way she's carrying on. SHE'S the one that created the problem not me. ARGHH!!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:20 AM   #11  

Star - Love the quote! I'm w/you on busyness. If I don't always have a huge pile of stuff to do, I can't deal. I already can't find my desk!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:01 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Hi Kerri

ARGH!! I've got tons of work to do and not enough time to do it. Wish my kids were old enough (where they wouldn't kill each other when left alone) to stay by themselves so I could come in tomorrow and Friday to catch up. And this stupid computer keeps locking up so I can't get what I need to done. The only place it hasn't locked up is here
Old 07-07-2004, 12:18 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Well, I'm off the computer (here) for the day. Unless my internet comes back on before this weekend don't forget I won't be checking in.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:11 PM   #14  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Star, just jumping in from lurkdom to tell you I saw a T-shirt that made me think of you over the weekend.

It said "Hey, I didn't ask to be Princess, but if the Crown fits..."

LOL - Have a great day!!
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:30 PM   #15  
Head Princess

I love it!