Old 06-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #31  
Movin' and Losin'

Oh! My mom thought the Smurfs were satanic!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:51 AM   #32  
Head Princess

LMAO - really?

Now I just have a funny image in my head of Kathy Bates in Waterboy as your mom going "Smurfs is the devil!"
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:18 PM   #33  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

When smurf first came out in the early 80's (I believe) my sister was pregnant and decorated the baby's room w/smurf stuff. I drew posters of them to put on his wall. Well when my Nephew was born guess what he looked like ??? he had the teeny face with the big ears and my sis even bought a smurf hat so he could wear it.

He's 22 now and still has most of them. He doesn't look like a smurf anymore lol.

They were cute !! NOW, my 16 year old nephew loves smurf b/c they lived in "mushroom" houses....... not cause they are cute but b/c "rooms" is a symbol of drugs..... OY KIDS!!!! and get this, he's such a nerd!!!!!! rooms coollll man! oy.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #34  
Movin' and Losin'

OMG! That's hilarious, Star!! I never thought of the similarities!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #35  

ok, try this one.....Zoom! It was a PBS show. Bunch of weird nicey nice kids trying experiments and stuff. Used to annoy the crap out of me and one of my teachers made us watch it!

We used to have Major Mudd here in Boston and my Dad was in advertising for channel 7 so we used to be able to go into the studio to see the set. I remember being so dissappointed when I saw that his space ship was made out of cardboard and his space chair was an old barber chair with black duct tape on it! I guess that stuff never showed up on a black and white tv!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #36  
Head Princess

Zoom is still on! Some of their little experiments are fun!

http://pbskids.org/zoom/

Remember the Electric Company? Or how about 3-2-1 Contact?
Old 06-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #37  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I loved the electric company, wow haven't thought of that in a long time.

How about those plastic balloon's you used to blow up with a cocktail straw, okay not a cocktail straw but one of those teeny ones. The plastic was in a tube and you squeezed out enuf to put at the end of the straw. EGADS did it smell bad.

And those little white paper thingy's that you threw on the floor (shaped like a tear) it would explode with a loud bang and scare the crap out of people, gosh they were loud, reminds me of cap guns.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #38  

Oh I remember The Electric Company too!!!! And those paper caps and the balloons you blew out of a straw! Those were weird.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #39  
Head Princess

OMG - I think those plastic bubble things got me and my brothers high more than once

Those white things are called Snap Pops, I think. We have some boxes of them at our house. It used to be fun to scare the cat with them on occasion (don't kill me, TG). They don't even phase him now. I've got a bomb-proof kitty!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:59 AM   #40  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Remember when Spaghetti-O's was a staple, I used to love that crap.

One song I remember very well when I was about 10 years old was Elton John's Don't Go Breaking My Heart, I remember being on the play ground boppin to his tunes on the radio and thinking he's so weird w/his glasses and hats (now I know why he used to wear those getups lol). But he was and is great.

Do you remember that song by Starsky & Hutch's David Soul (Hutch) Don't Give Up On Us Baby........... OMG !!! HAAAAAAAAAAA.