Old 06-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday, June 14th - Chat - Flag Day !!

Gooood Morning

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

BBL,

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you had a great weekend!!!

I don't know why, but I'm tired (again). I wake up and can't sleep anymore, but I'm tired. We finally got the lawn mowed yesterday (even though it's a muddy mess and you can see the tire tracks--that was fun ) so that's done for another day. If it doesn't rain we've got to go to DH parents house and do their lawn (FIL can't do it and MIL doesn't have time). I need to quit stepping on that scale. I'm not depressed about the fact that it says I'm up again. But it's just so dang confusing as to WHY it goes up and down like this. I figure WTH, I'm fitting into clothes I never thought I would (and looking good if the look in DH's eyes are any indication...but then again that look shows up when I'm wearing nothing ) and I actually bought a swimsuit I'm happy with (not a bikini exactly. It's got a tankini top and a bikini skirt bottom). So all is pretty ok in my world. Except I've got to go back to work. OH! And I went to put my flowers into a bucket of water yesterday and I don't know if it was a plant or a bug but SOMETHING hurt my hand. It started to swell up a little around the spot and it's still sore! Weird. I'm SOO glad I've got off Wednesday. I'm getting super lazy
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:08 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Whooohoo Brenda a bikini, you go girl. The scales will fluctuate b/c our bodies do, some days we can retain water, some days we don't (kinda like, some times I feel like a nut, some times I don't ) Just as long as you feel good.

Had a wonderful weekend, took DD bowling for the first time, it was really cute, we went to a teeny flea market a block away from my house, played outside alot, went to church yesterday, it was cute b/c the children did the entire service. All in all a good weekend.

Now I'm here at work sigh~ but thankful nonetheless

How are you all?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Morning Leenie - bowling, that's always a good time! Five- or ten- pin bowling?

Brenda - a bikini! Way to go!

Well, I mentioned on the weekend thread that my Saturday was spent wandering around downtown while the Grand Prix was on. I never actually made it to the university to do work that day. On Sunday, I walked to the university to print out some forms so I can do a mail-in ballot for our general election at the end of the month. Then I spent most of the day reading the rest of the book I bought on Saturday ("Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown) and doing a crossword puzzle (which I am addicted to). I stayed on plan both days, although I modified my induction a little bit to add nuts, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little if it'll help me stay on track.

Later!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Morning all!

Leenie - Sounds like a great weekend! I love it when I have the kind of weekends where you get to just spend nice leisure time for yourself and with your family!

Lekker - Same goes for you Lekker. Sounds like this weekend was just what you needed. A break from your rigorous writing!

Brenda - I do not believe it!!! You got new clothes!!! That is wonderful! Isn't it so much fun to shop now? You just want to go out and shop some more!

Laura - I have the pilates tapes, I think I purchased them before my time also. I'm going to have to dig them out and give it a go again. They do work, but they do hurt the first few times. The last time I tried them was about 40 pounds ago

Star - I hope you are feeling better. Although I'm not sure how much the Violent Femmes concert is going to help with your health , I know it isn't something I would miss if I had tickets!

I had a great, yet busy weekend. Friday I had a Battle of the Business 2mile run. My oldest son got a better time that I did. Probably because my youngest son was in tow . Then later in the evening we walked for 1/2 hour for the Relay for Life. That was fun too. Saturday~wedding, graduation party...just fun mostly. Sunday~ 2 church services (my husband runs the sound) and then went home and took the boat and camper out of storage and began cleaning them up. It was actually a fun, yet productive weekend!! The best news of all...I stayed on program!!!!!! First weekend in a while! I feel so great today!!! I just know this plateau is going to break!!!

Have a great day!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #6  

Good morning.

Brenda: Good for you....you finally broke down and bought some clothes! AND A SIZE 8 TO BOOT!

Leenie: Bowling is fun. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Lekker: Good for you for staying OP this weekend.

Lori: Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend!

Sounds like we all stayed OP this weekend. What is up with that? I did too for the most part....little sneak yesterday but nothing too tragic. Weighed myself this morning as I do every Monday to see how much I gained over the weekend and I was actually fluctuating on the down side! That means I will actually have a REAL loss this week. I am so excited.

Saturday I went to a friends house at the beach and it was just a couple of girls sitting on the deck in the sun watching the boats go by. It was just what I needed. I was sunburned and relaxed.
Sunday DH and I took the motorcycle out for a ride with another couple. We drove to an outside sports bar and had some snacks and some drinks in the sun then took off for home on the bikes again. It was fun.
I really had a very relaxing weekend and I think my vitamins may be starting to kick in. I feel almost normal. I am hoping by the end of the week that my iron level will be back up and I will be able to stay awake past 8PM!

A friend that I work with brought me in the Tae Bo basic tape so I am going to give that a go this week. Wish me luck
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good Morning. Well I am back to OWL. The two weeks on Induction didn’t do anything for me, but I am in high spirit. I think my body shape is changing for better. I feel that I look better, LOL. I don’t know maybe I am trying to convince myself that I look better, anyhow, I am not dissatisfied or anything. My goal for this week is to have 28 Equator track, average 4 per day, let me see if I can do it.

Brenda, way to go with the swimsuit. Don’t worry about the scale. I am sorry, I don’t remember who posted this, but when I first started reading this place, someone mentioned as long as our low and high numbers on the scale goes down we should be happy. So I am thinking your high number these days, was your low number couple of weeks ago. That in itself is a big accomplishment. We will get there, we just have to be very persistent, that is how we win.

Leenie, I love flea markets and antique stores. They are so much fun. I used to go to so many of them, look at each item and let my mind wonder about the people who purchase them new. I fantasize about their life, how happy they were, anyhow, I am glad you had a fun weekend.

Lekker, I am reading the The DaVinci Code now, have you read it? It seems that the main character in Angels and Demons is also in The DaVinci Code. Let me know how you liked Angels and Demons. I was thinking if I liked DaVinci Code I might go and read his other books. This is the first book I am reading from Brown.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Jane - So glad you are feeling more like yourself. Sounds like you had a great weekend as well. I forgot how good it feels to stay OP over a weekend!

Rachel - I think it is great you were able to stay on induction. I've tried and tried with no success. And that is the only thing that is important ~~ that you feel better about yourself! The rest will come with time.
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!

Well it is Monday and I hope everyone is feelin' FINE!!!

Jane: OOOOO sounds like a nice realxing weekend! I love those. Good luck w/ Tae Bo I love it!

Lori: Great Job staying OP!!! You go girl!!

Lekker Excellent Job staying OP too!!

Hi Leenie! Sounds like a great weekend, I remember the first time I did the whole service at church when i was a kid, I felt so grown up.

B- you sexy mama you, whooooohooo bikini girl!

Well again I was not OP this weekend, urgh but I am not beating myself up over it, I am on TOM and I just decided that beating myself up over that stuff only makes it worse and then the bad cycle continues for days......SO moving on I spent Saturday at an all day meditation retreat and you would not believe all the muscles that are used to sit in lotus position (on the floor with legs crossed and sitting up straight) for 8 hours, I am sooooo sore. Then yesterday i went to the gym and then came home and spent the entire day grinding, sanding and primering a door for my Karmann Ghia, my arms are so tired.

So I am trying to have a new resolve about being OP and staying OP so that is my new goal for this week, just be good ALLLLLLLLL week long!

Have a great day ladies!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:09 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Rachel you snuck in on me....You go girl you can do those miles for equator trek no problem.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 AM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya chickies

The last few times I've tried to post, 3FC has decided it didn't really need to be read so I havn't checked in with you all in a while. I'm having a pretty darned good time so far this summer and plan on having even MORE fun. I finally got my gumption back for my Atkins way of life and I'm thinking this week I'm finally going to make it the whole week without cheating! Yay me! The BF is pretty serious about it this week too... it could have a LOT to do with us both stepping on the scale this past weekend and going WOAH. Too much beer, too much food that is definitely not OP.
This weekend I had so much fun. We spent Saturday at a friend's house and ended up playing pool volleyball for 3 hours! Might I say that I ROCKED! I've found my new calling! Yesterday I was a BUM allllll day, watched way too much TV. But towards about 5pm we went over to a friend's house and while the boys were talking cars I went and started pulling weeds out of the flower beds with his mom. We ended up stopping because the mosquitoes were outrageously bad.
Brenda, congrats on the swimsuit! I have one that I feel very comfortable in now and a new one that I can't bring myself to wear in public yet.

Lori: I'm still looking for that training schedule. I've already started packing things for my move at the end of July so I'm afraid I already packed it! Yikes!

rachel: Good luck on your equator trek goal!

Jane: Glad you had some fun and relaxation. Good luck with the Tae Bo. All I end up doing is mouthing off to the guy and getting *****y. lol He's way too peppy.

Lekker and Leenie:
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #12  

Rhonda: It is so nice to hear from you....we missed you. Glad to hear you are doing fine. Are you and you BF moving in together? I may have missed that Did you find a job yet for the summer? I hope you find something fun to do.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:54 AM   #13  

No time for personals right now, but everyone have a good day.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:54 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Monday already?

Leenie -

Brenda - shopping! And size 8!!!! Great job!

Lekker - Way to stay on track!

Lori - On track, too! And busy!!! Wow

Jane - I'm glad things are feeling better.

Rachel - you go girl! You can do it!

TG - 8 hours? Holy crap!

Shimma - Welcome back!

Here it is, 30 minutes after I started typing this. Eek!

My weekend was interesting. I spent Friday and Saturday sleeping and self-medicating. By Saturday evening, I was feeling well enough to go see the Femmes. It was great! I got drunk off 3 beers, though. How strange is that? We went to a couple of bars after the concert and then back home. My Nathan was at one of the bars, so you know I was naughty!

Yesterday, I took my wedding ring in to get re-sized, cleaned, and the prongs re-tipped. My ring finger is a size 5!!!! When did that happen?

I also did some shopping because my jeans are getting way too big on me. It turns out I'm in between sizes yet again. 5's are feeling a little loose, and 3's are just not loose enough. So I'm waiting on jeans. However, I did find a dress that looks amazing on me. Nothing but curves, baby! I think yesterday was the first time I've ever tried something on and said to myself 'Damn, I look hot!'

Oh, and I'm down to 130!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I've never weighed less than this in my adult life but I know I will soon. I still can't believe that I weighed 70 pounds more than this just a year ago. It just doesn't seem real.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #15  

Star: YOU ROCK! That is great...I can't even imagine weighing that little! Glad you are feeling better too.

How tall are you by the way? Just wondering because of your goal weight.