Old 06-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat, June 12th and 13th

Gooooooood Morning Everyone,

DD slept until 8 am whooohoooo!! it felt nice to just lay in bed for once.

Today is exercise, a flea market up the street from my house and BJ's Wholesale club. Weather is beautiful so windows go up and we'll be out.

Watcha doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Good morning Leenie!

Beautiful day outside, unfortunately I have loads of cleaning on my list for this morning. Then after that I think I will walk the 45 minutes or so to the university and do some work. Although the Grand Prix is this weekend, so there are loads of tourists out and about. One street is closed off and is completely lined with Ferraris. And another street is closed off for a fashion show....so lots of interesting stuff going on this weekend in town!

Later!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: glad you got to sleep in!!

Lekker: don't work too hard. Take time to smell the....gas?

Well, when my poor legs and feet recover and DH gets home I'm HOPING to go get a new cell phone. I'm so pooped I'm not up to fighting the dang cell phone place. I walked for 4 hours. Only took 2 breaks for bathroom and one 5minute sitdown. OMG I felt like I could barely walk!! NEXT year I'm walking on a team (I'm hoping our family puts one together!). The WI day was GREAT. But I'm going to be sorely disappointed in a couple days when the scale goes back to where it was I don't have high hopes of it staying this low. Time will tell though. And with as little as I ate (not OP stuff, just not a lot of anything) yesterday I'm thinking that's why. And if I went back to eating the portions I usually do it'll come back on. So I'm trying to lower what I'm eating. No eggs and sausage for me this morning as we're out of eggs. So I'm eating the Total low carb cereal. It's ok. I've just never been much of a cereal person. It'd be great on chicken
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  

Good Morning!

Lennie - Isn't it wonderful to just lay in bed a little later than ususal? Enjoy the flea market.

Lekker - I hope you are planning to take some time out to enjoy yourself this weekend.

Brenda - That cell phone is just giving you fits isn't it? Think positive about your weight, it can't hurt. The walking was good.

Working all weekend so not much planned here. Bought Windsor Pilates off ebay last night, so I'm going to have to make a commitment to do this now.

Everyone have a good weekend!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:36 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Laura, you're braver than me. I've wanted to try pilates I'm just too chicken. I had bought a pilates tape (not the Winsor), but it's harder than heck. No beginner level on that at all. So just tossed it in the corner.
WOOHOO!!! Financial reports for GS is done which means as soon as I hand that and the books in it's officially OVER!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #6  
Head Princess

Can you believe it? It's a Saturday and I'm online!

It's only cause I had to go into work for an hour-ish to do some updates from yesterday. I'm still sick and it sucks! No gun show yesterday. No movie. I even told all my friends no on going to the bar and sent DH there without me. Now you KNOW that's sick!

Really, it just feels like a bad cold. But bad colds have a habit of making my left eye water and get all puffy. Not fun! So I'm keeping myself well drugged and using my anti-inflamitory and anti-bacterial eye drops from when I had my surgery. Cross your fingers, pray, send good karma my way....whatever it takes - that I'm feeling well enough this evening to go see the Violent Femmes. I may slip right into the pits of dispair if I miss that!

Leenie - 8:00 is sleeping in????? I don't think I'm cut out to have children. I don't like getting up before 9 or 10. DH rarely sees any time before noon.

Lekker - Have a great and exciting weekend! Ohhhhhhh I love the pretty cars!

Brenda - 4 hours of walking? WOW! Good job!

Morti - Winsor Pilates is WONDERFUL! I've done a lot of research on pilates and I honestly believe that Winsor is one of the best. It will most likely be hard the first few times, but don't worry, it is for everyone. A lot of atheletes who try pilates have a hard time in the beginning. It's a new way of using your muscles. But I promise, if you do it at least 3 times a week, you'll see a huge difference in your strength and muscle tone in no time.

Have a great weekend, all!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #7  

Star - Do I need to buy the mat, block and band set I saw at Walmart this morning? I bought the three DVD pack.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:22 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Nope! No equipment needed. If you will be working out on a hard floor (aka no carpet) you'll want a pilates mat. This is different from a yoga mat. Yoga mats are very thin. Real pilates mats are thicker - more like gymnastics mats.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:29 PM   #9  

Thanks! Even though the floor is carpeted, I think I might spend the $10 for the pilates mat. I want to be comfortable on that floor! I got a great deal on the set, only $25 for all three, including shipping alot cheaper than what I've seen anywhere else.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #10  
Head Princess

That's fantastic! I think I spent $40 on mine. But it was still worth every cent! I've got carpet, too, but I'm considering buying a mat just because there's not much between my hip bones and the floor anymore so it's starting to hurt to lay on my side. Funny how these things happen
Old 06-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #11  

If I get to the point I have to buy 2 mats so my bones don't ache on the floor, well, it's a price I'll gladly pay! Hel, Danny would probably go buy it for me so I keep it up.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:44 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

You're definitely making me want to go and get pilates. I need to firm and tone. I'm getting happy with what the scale says. could actually care less if the flab would tone up. know what I mean?
Star, hope you're feeling better so you can go to the concert
Laura, let me know how you like the pilates!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:26 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good SonDay Morning

Today is our Sunday School picnic so I'm sitting here telling DD to PLEASE eat so we can get going lol, kids So thats where I'm heading.

Have a good one all !

Love yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:55 AM   #14  

Brenda - I will let you know. Only bad thing about ebay is I have to wait for it to come now. I had bought the video version about 5 weeks ago and first time in the VCR, it ate it. Took it as a sign I wasn't suppose to do this just yet! But I have to do something about getting toned up, it's not happening just doing nothing.

Lennie - Have fun!

Back at work again today and still slow. Went shooting last night out at Giant Rock. We took both the shot gun and the new 7 mm rifle I finally got to pick up on Friday (have to wait 10 days here.) Friends took 4 differant guns out and my sister brought my mom's little 22. Kept expecting someone to show up with all the guns being used! Shoulder is a little sore today but no bruises.

Have a good day!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:18 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Leenie: have fun at the picnic! Make sure to watch for those ants!

Laura: My sister has the tapes and doesn't let them out of her sight. I've looked at wal-mart here and they don't have them anymore. I should just go to the website and break down and buy them. I need to firm and tone also.

Well, the scale decided to go up this morning. Went up the 3 pounds it had gone down. I kind of figured it would. I didn't think I could lose 3 pounds overnight. But I'll await until next Saturdays WI to re-adjust the weight and all (if I have to that is). I'm not sweating it. We're actually going shopping today and I'm breaking down and buying clothes. Shorts, capris, tank tops. Maybe even a skort I've even got to buy a SWIMSUIT. Not sure what type to get. I like the tankinis but not sure if it'll look ok. Still have a gut. Last year it DEFINITELY did not look good on me. Maybe this year. DH picked out a bikini he wanted me to buy. I'm too practical to spend $60 on a 'kini. It WAS cute, if you're into camo (which I think in some patterns is cool looking). But we'll see what I end up with....IF it ever stops raining!! We're waiting for it to stop so that we can go.