Old 06-11-2004, 07:49 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Friday, June 11th Chat - National Day Of Mourning

Good Morning !

Today is the National Day of Mourning for President Reagan. In honor, I will not be posting anymore today. Have a wonderful day.

Remember me
In a Bible cracked and faded by the years
Remember me
In a sanctuary filled with silent prayer

And age to age
And heart to heart
Bound by grace and peace
Child of wonder
Child of God
I've remembered you
Remember me

Remember me
When the color of a sunset fills the sky
Remember me
When you pray and tears of joy
fall from your eyes

chorus

Remember me
When the children leave
their Sunday school with smiles
Remember me
When they're old enough to teach
Old enough to preach
Old enough to leave

chorus

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God
Remember me
Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God
I've Remembered you
Remember Me
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:41 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: :hi: That's a great poem/song

Well, the basement is now flooded (still/again). The sump pump is acting up. And I'm giong to be brave and try and trust the sitter with remembering to check it It's only 4 hours. Tonight is Relay For Life in our town. So I'll be walking with my mom (forgot what kind of cancer she had, she's been cancer free I believe 7 or 8 years now. I love rain...but not THIS much!!!! It's time it stopped because the farmers can't get their crops in (did I ever mention the huge tractor I seen sunk up to almost the top of their rear huge tire??) and our basement can't take much more of this!!! IF it ever dries out we're going to have to check into options of how to keep this from continuing to happen. THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:47 AM   #3  

Good morning.

Thanks Leenie, have a peaceful day.

Well, I am back down to my fighting weight this morning. At least I lose what I gain on the weekends. So that makes 2+ for me this week. Now if I could just KEEP it off.

I took my new vitamins this morning.....I had better start feeling better soon I can tell you. Last night I was helping dh unload the dishwasher and was getting agravated so I had to sit down....I just started to cry. I went to bed early again. I hope the iron kicks in soon.....and I hope that was the problem!

DH bought a new car last night. He picks it up this afternoon. I hope he likes this thing. He needed to downsize in price a bit and he wanted an SUV for a change....something fun to drive. It is not what I would have bought but as long as he likes it that is fine with me. He will be like a kid in a candy shop all weekend....we will be driving and driving and driving.........
Actually he will be on his own tomorrow because I am going to the beach. He will be driving around by himself!

Well got to start looking like I am working
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #4  

Morning Brenda. There is a company (out here at least) that does a seal coating on basement walls that is "supposed" to help with that. I know my parents looked into it a one point. Check it out.
Let me tell you though....my mom had a hard time selling that house because of the wet basement so fix it now if you ever plan on moving.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:09 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Thanks for the poem.

Brenda: Hope the rain stops soon for you!

Jane: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Well, yesterday was an OP day. I think mainly for the fact that I ate some sunflower seeds instead of sticking to strict induction. Thanks for the tip, Brenda! I think modified induction is definitely for me.

Well, another day, another baseball game! A friend of mine got great seats -- a few rows behind home plate -- not too shabby. We had a great time!

More baseball tonight. Then, on Saturday, I'm working for Habitat for Humanity. A group from church is volunteering. I think we'll be painting. I'm really looking forward to it, except for the fact that we have to meet at 7:30 a.m.

Well, I've got a busy morning at work. I'll check back in later. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:28 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,
Hope everyone is having a good day.

URGH (here goes the purge of the day) I had the crappiest day yesterday with work, kids etc....but this is what I noticed I am nice to myself in the way of eating on these stressful crappy days (but not as nice as I used to be) I let myself eat some grapes yesterday (usually I would go crazy with food right off the bat,so I thought a couple grapes is good) well I just noticed after the sugar digests I turn into a crazy woman and then I just eat EVERYTHING!! And I know I just do it cause i am feelin' sorry for myself and I let myself do it but I just noticed even at those times that the slightest bit of sugar can send me straight over the edge. So yesterday I messed up big time.

I am posting this just to say it an get it over with and so i can look and see the revelation that I had and move on to today....which is going to be a GREAT day if I have anything to do with it!!

Talk to you all later.

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Leenie - Thank you!

Brenda - I hope there is something you can do about your basement. Seeing that tractor would have probably sent me into hysteria...but my dh says I'm a drama queen anyway! I have relay for life tonight also! Have a great time! I have committed to 1/2 hour tonight and 1 hour tomorrow morning!!! You will do great!

Jane - Hope the vitamins work for you...Congrats to hubby!!! GREAT JOB on the weight loss !

Jina - I think I'm taking the same tactic. Only for me it's almonds and strawberries. That is what will keep me on track!

TG - You are right! Today will be a wonderful day!!

Ok, girls I have finally decided to give the Equator Trek a little more life! I picked a spot to start and am posting some geographical information as we go along. So, check it out and tell me what you think!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #8  

Good Morning!

Brenda - Maybe add some chlorine and call it a pool? Maybe not. I would just be sick of it by now and jumping down everyones throat until it was handled. I don't like my life disrupted.

Jane - I'm sorry you're still feeling so bad. You need this day at the beach to just relax. Congrats on hubby's new vehicle. He'll love having an SUV. They say it's a guy thing, but, I love having one.

Lennie -

Jina - You sure like those baseball games don't ya! I hope you enjoy the next one. Have a good day at work.

Not too much going on this morning. Will be a slow day at work with all the Health Departments closing down for the day. Will be ANOTHER day of trying to look busy. It's **** when you gotta pray for death for something to do! (Mortician Humor is sick!, and wrong?) I can only clean this place so much and that willonly take about 20 minutes since I cleaned really well yesterday before services. Oh well, maybe I'll go to doggy jails in the next town down. Need to go down there anyways.

No weight loss this week even though I've been eating what I'm suppose to. Need to exercise. How do you get motivated to do it everyday?
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #9  

Lori: I have been poking fun at your update to the Equator Trek...hope you don't mind
I wish I like Almonds....aren't they the lowest in calories too? I love my pecans but they can put my calorie total for the day over the top!

TG: Purge complete! Now that that is done have a great day today. Get some strawberries in the house....those are legal and to me just taste like gold!

Jina: I don't think I know any other woman who is so hooked on baseball games...not just baseball but the games! I think it is really neat. How on earth do you manage to stay OP at a baseball park....the smells alone would kill me.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #10  

TG & Lori - Sneaky Sneaky girls!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Sorry, I'm not going to do personals right now. I've got a cold and I'm waiting for the meds to kick in.

I was a pretty good girl last night. Stopped at the bar for a couple of drinks (and yes, I only had 2). Then I went home and thought about dinner. I decided to go visit some friends while making up my mind and ended up getting home right around 10. So I had some leftover funeral fauxtatoes and called it a night.

I woke up once last night with a leg threatening to cramp on me. I'm not sure what's going on with that. I'm taking calcium and magnesium supplements and I get plenty of sodium and postassium.

This morning has been strange. I woke up in the middle of a dream about kissing a co-worker of mine When I got up, I realized that I have a cold, but it seems to only be on my left side (watery eye, stuffed nose on that side, that side of my throat tickles and that ear hurts). How bizzare is that?

Anyway, I'm leaving work at noon today. This weekend is the Rose Festival and I'm hoping to go down to the waterfront in Portland to see the Violent Femmes. I love them! I'm going to the movies to see The Chronicals of Riddick tonight because I love Vin Diesel. And hopefully, I'll be all better by Monday.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:06 AM   #12  

Star: I'm sorry you have a cold.....that stinks. Take some Sudafed and it will help clear up the head.
Now was this co-worker a man or a woman

Morti: Slow in the mortician business?
Old 06-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #13  

I am sooooo tired today I just keep crackin myself up!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Jane! LOL - I'm not going to tell you now!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #15  

Then I will have to let my own little perverted mind take over.