Old 05-27-2004, 12:47 AM   #1  

Default Thursday 5/27 Chat

Good Morning Ladies

Just thought I would get us started since I am still up at this hour. Was getting ready to go to bed, and morning sickness hit me with a vengence. Well, in my case it happens to be midnight sickness. Other than that I have been feeling pretty well. Only real complaint I have is that I am soooo tired lately. Didnt' realize it would zap all of my energy this early. I go for my first prenatal this afternoon, and I am soooooo nervous. I am such a baby when it comes to needles, and I am so nervous about them taking my blood. That is all I can think about. It has me scared to death lol That's the only thing I am nervous about though. I am hoping to get in this afternoon after dr's visit to do personals. Hope you all have a great day!!!

Brenda: Hope your FIL's surgery went great. You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers!!

TTFN

LISA
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning all. It will take me a while to learn the names but I have been reading the last couple of days posts.

Brenda, hope your FIL is doing okay.

I will be working all day tomorrow so won't get on until evening again. I started today again and it went fine I need to journal though to make sure I am getting enough veggies in.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning,
I'm hoping we have another bright sunny day today, yesterday was the first in 2 weeks we didn't have rain. It was quite chilly tho, maybe we can get the temp to rise a little bit. I did manage to get in a walk and bike ride, even grilled out last night. Have to take advantage of it when I can

MrsH - I can promise you that you will be used to the needles by the end of this pregnancy. Just sit and put out your arm and look way across the room at a picture and concentrate on that. Never actually watch them draw blood *shiver*. It isn't painful and you will do just fine.. think about the good cause I'll be rooting for you.

Brenda - I hope all went well with your FIL's surgery and he's nicely back on the road to recovery.

Bunna - I don't believe I have welcomed you to the boards yet

Eek 15 mins to get to work.. will have to post later.. have a great day all
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:48 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lisa: Sorry to hear you're having night sickness. Hopefully that part will be over soon.

Bunna: Welcome to the board and I STILL get/forget people's names.

Trazzie: We're back to the rain days. It's supposed to rain most of today. I'm getting sick of it how about you??

Thank you all for the wishes and prayers. The FIL was in recovery longer than anticipated because he bled quite a bit and they wanted to make sure he didn't need a transfusion. But when we left he was talking and joking and his BP was raising nicely. So I'm thinking he'll probably get to go home today or tomorrow. As for me? I'm still sick. Danged if I didn't almost lose my voice yesterday. Throat was so dang sore after we left the hospital (too much talking is what DH said) that I could barely swallow. Luckily the voice held on for the youngests DD's ceremony (and luckily I rigged it so I didn't have very much of a speaking part ). I'm SO sick of being sick it's ridiculous. DH has told me this weekend I'm not doing ANYTHING. Just resting and getting well. We'll see how well that work.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:27 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Oh forgot to mention. The scale is moving on the upward side. Probably from the Tai food on Monday. Then leftover Tai food on Tuesday. And all the cough drops and crap I'm taking (that doesn't help worth diddly). Add that TOM is coming (stupid cramps! I've got FOUR more days before it's supposed to get here. grrr) and I'm getting irritable over this "cold"......but on the plus side....I managed to forgo this YUMMY looking cake, the chex mix and soda from yesterdays party. I won't make the end of May challenge. But danged if I haven't come a LONG way from where I started. Oh...and oldest DD's 5th grade teacher never fails to compliment me every time she sees me. Yesterday she asked how many pounds I lost and after I told her she just was SO nice in saying how good I look and how I've come a long way, etc. She's such a sweet woman
Old 05-27-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Brenda - So glad to hear that FIL is doing well! You need to try and rest this weekend!! No playing around, must rest! (Like I would probably get any rest either!)

Trazzie - It's been the same here in Ohio...warm, cold, rain, cold, warm, cold... can't summer get here already!!

Bunna - Welcome! I'm horrible with names, too!

MrsH - Congratulations on the little one!!! I must have missed that one. I agree with the advice about the shots...look away and think "happy thoughts". Hope the midnight sickness dissipates soon.

Star - You ARE beautiful!! But I know exactly how you feel! It's difficult to even believe that I'm pretty when I've been berating myself all these years!! Much less believe I'm actually a skinny person!

Lisa - Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I think we ALL needed to hear them.

As for me...I'll probably be around quite a bit today. I have not appointments. My desk is practically bare, my boss is out of town, and I'm off tomorrow. So, I know this day it just going to crawl!!!!

Talk to you later!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:34 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Lori, don't ya just HATE not having enough work to make the time fly? I've had that problem at work for weeks now. It's why I haven't felt guilty about the time I've been taking off. Danged if I don't feel like taking today off also. But I need more money on the paycheck this week than I had last week. The only saving grace is having Monday off and being paid for it. I figure I can suffer for 2 days and then rest this weekend. The lawn needs mowing again
Old 05-27-2004, 08:35 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone.......

Brenda: So glad to hear that your FIL is doing well. Hopefully he goes home today. I am sorry you still feel so sick. Don't talk....just type!
Don't worry about the scale right now....just get better.

Trazzie: Have a great day. Check in later if you can.

Bunna: Welcome This is a great group of people and I know you will enjoy it here. Ask everything and anything.........plus we love a little gossip here or there so join in!

Lisa: Don't worry about the blood tests. It will only pinch for a second and like Trazzie said by the end of this 9 months you will be a pro at getting this done. Sorry about the "midnight" sickness. Hope that goes away soon.

Well, I kept my calories down yesterday...I think way to low as a matter of fact. I still have to plug in last nights dinner into Fitday. I was soooooo hungry yesterday. So today I brought a string cheese but that is all the cheese I am having so that should be fine. Going to keep bringing my cukes to munch on. Have tuna for lunch so hopefully that won't put me over the top today in calories.
I have to confess I hopped on the scale AGAIN today....it is going down. I was actually almost 154. Wow, that will be great to go into the weekend being down 2 this week. I am going to behave myself this weekend if it KILLS me!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #9  

Oh and I forgot to mention that I tried on an old pair of size 10 jeans this morning and much to my surprise they fit! I couldn't believe it. They were a little snug in the butt but the waiste wasn't too bad. I didn't wear them today because I thought that breathing would be a good idea today
Old 05-27-2004, 08:40 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Congratulations on the weight lost Jane. Keep up the good work. I probably have more cheese than I should also. Never thought to cut THAT back. Seems everything I eat needs to be cut back. Well, I'll worry about it at a later date. Right now I've got to work on being able to SWALLOW stuff. Dang I hate being whiney!!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #11  

Lori: We must have been typing at the same time! Good morning. I'm a little dead at work today too.....that makes the day drag.

Brenda: I haven't "officially" lost it yet but thanks

I just logged last night into FitDay.....DAMN even cutting my calories I still can't keep them low enough. I was at 1300 calories and 24 carbs!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

With almost everything logged for today I am at 778 calories and 10 carbs....but I know more will be added. I am forgoing my pecans today if I can cause they just have WAY to many calories in them. Need to find an alternative.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Brenda: Yes, I hate slow days!!! Or paperwork days!! Those two are the worst because they make the day drrrrrrrraaaaaaaaagggggggg on so!

Jane: Congratulations! I think you are doing great and very dedicated! I couldn't do it. One thing I love about this WOE is that if I'm hungry I can find something to eat. I hate being hungry! I haven't even attempted to look at the calories. However, I have decided that it I'm going to get my butt and thighs looking like I want them to in a 2 piece that I'm going to have to do something more about it. So, I've decided to be dedicated to weight lifting for toning. I think I'm going to adopt the Body-for-Life work out routine. Even though I always used to wonder if the promotional pictures they post are "fixed". I checked out their website yesterday and they seem to have more "real" people on there lately.

Anyway, enough of my babbling...I've got to find something to "look" busy!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:12 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Jane 1300 calories and 24 carbs sounds okay to me, I mean your gonna lose regardless of your carbs with your calories THAT low. Your doing wonderful lady, don't get down over a few carbs.

Lisa, HUGS, don't be afraid of the needles, they uses such baby fine needles these days, you hardly feel it. They used butterfly ones on me and took it from my hand. I gotta tell you the only thing that scared me during my pregnancy was the fact that my doctor wanted to do an Amino (sp? the test where they take fluid from the baby/sack thru your belly button). I refused that test because of two reasons, one was that 1 in 200 babies die due to that test and those odds were to high for me and second reason was I was keeping the baby no matter what I was told, so the test was useless. But honestly everything else they do isn't bad (during normal check ups).

Brenda feel better

Trazzie are you doing anything special for your Birthday tomorrow ?

Bunna good luck on the veggies

Lori enjoy your free time I know I do.

Hugs to everyone to come
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:29 AM   #14  

Lori: I checked out the "Draper" thread above this morning and printed out the dumbbell workout on there. Looks really good and I too am interested in toning up. Check it out.

Leenie: It's just that it seems to never end.....you are good on carbs but then have to lower your calories....you lower your calories and the carbs go up. I started taking a multi vitamin when I started this and then noticed that my calcium was low.....now I find I am still laking in other nutrients and need to take more!!!!! It just never ends. I had better live to be 100!
Old 05-27-2004, 09:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Good morning everyone!

It amazes me sometimes how much conversation you all get in by 9.30 in the morning.

MrsH - good luck with your prenatal today!

Bunnababy - welcome to the board!

Trazzie - my parents seem to be stuck in a lot of rain lately, too. They have to do some re-planting of their soys, unfortunately.

Brenda - like the others, I hope your FIL is doing well, and I hope you feel better, too!

Lori - take a looooong lunch...you can turn that into a big time waster!

Jane - congrats on the size 10, you're doing awesome, I think

Morning Leenie!

Today I'm just doing some writing of my thesis. I find some days I can write really productively, and others I feel that I only get a couple of good sentences out.

I'm going to a aero-box (like tae-bo) class today at the downtown YMCA - I'm trying to get more regular at the gym again. Lately it's been just here or there, but not enough. So I really hope I like the instructor for this class, because the instructor is nearly the most important thing, I think. They can make or break one of those classes.

I got an email yesterday from my *other* friend that I hadn't heard from in ages, which I was really excited by and I also found that she might be moving here in September, so we might overlap in the same city for about a month (if I'm still around). That would be great...she's a lot of fun and really, really energetic...a good influence!

Later!
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote