Old 05-13-2004, 03:32 AM   #1  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb Atkins ideas for induction....

Thanks everyone for the post about which book to buy. Of course i ran down to walmart and hopefully invested in the best 5.95 that i had. lol. Ok. I decided not to start until i read up to the point of how to start. (bc i didnt want to cheat myself, i think is how he words it) So here i am. Fixing to read the induction phaze and the rest of the book.
Ok. So here is where i need some ideas. When you were in the induction stage what were some great foods that you ate. Or do you know of any websites that give good meal ideas. I usually eat out quite often (my downfall) because im with all the other riffraffs when it comes to eating out. So i wanted to make a list of stuff that i can make at home and possibly buy at fastfood places while on induction. i want to do it right, and well girls, this is the only place i know where to ask! =) Any ideas or help would be appreciated....lol...i wanna start on the right track. Sunday is my day for sure!!!!! Thanks a bunch! =*)

-Courtney
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Ok. Induction......let's see where to start.
The reason for induction is to break your carb addiction. You've read that. So they don't really advise eating stuff you can't prepare. If you have to eat out. Let's see. hamburgers w/out buns (or ketchup).
I'm the wrong person to give advice because my meal selection is blah compared to everyone else. I've never been an adventurous eater. I'm sure others will come along and give you great ideas
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Argh - I wrote a lovely reply and then lost it.

Short version: induction is easy because you have a very specific list of what you can have. Be creative with it! There's more to veggies than salads. There's chowder, stir fry, bakes, gratin, grills.....

At www.atkins.com you can search the recipes by what phase you're in.

Key points: stay away from any 'specialty' foods. The point of induction is to break those old dependancies and eating habits. You can't do that if you're still chowing down on pastas, chocolate, ice cream, and cereal - even if it is low carb. And just because it says low carb does not make it true. (See the FAQ section - especially the sugar alcohols). It's not easy to get away from old habits, but it is so worth it!

Good luck!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote