Old 05-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat May 1 & 2

Good Morning

Well I'm bossless so things should be easier in the coming weeks

How's everyone this fine weekend, the weather is beautiful so I'm heading outside to enjoy. I'm not a "sun" person I prefer the shade but I do love the warm weather. Two more weeks and the east coast can start planting YEAH!! grape tomatoes here I come lol.

HUGS !!!!

Enjoy your weekend.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Wish it was warm enough here to plant. There's no way I could do that. Shoot, I don't even have the garden tilled up. Enjoy your boss free day.

Well, WI went as expected and I didn't lose weight. But ya know, it's ok. I enjoyed everything and I'm happy (well, if I could just lose the gut and walk w/out my legs rubbing together!!) with myself. That's the main thing right? I figure I've lost quite a lot of weight...the rest'll come off eventually
Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Ah the weekend is here at last and I have a few moments to take a breather and say Hi to everyone. I've been so busy lately I don't know whats going on. Nothing much has changed but I always seem to be doing something.. maybe I'm just not sitting on the ole tush as much as I used to.?.?.
I have had this urge to hop on the scale every morning.. thursday it shot back up to 210.. and today it's still there. Don't know where the pounds came from again but I'm not going to sweat it. I've been getting in my exercise and I have been eating right.. so maybe it's just one of those "HELP YOUR STARVING ME" pauses. It's ok because I know I can look forward to a nice woosh when it's all over.
Anywho time to get back to the housework before my laundry grows a mind of it's own and takes over the world. Hope you all have a great weekend and you can avoid this gloomy, cold, rainy weather we are getting here.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:27 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Happy weekend ladies!!!

Trazzie: I know what you are saying about the laundry it is on my to-do list today as well, GREAT JOB not letting the scale get you down, the whooooosh will come and it will be great!!!

Hi LEENIE!!! Enjoy the weather!!

Brenda: Great new way to look at things!! Good JOB!! Not beating yourself up!

Well I am off to the gym and then to do housework! I actually slept in this morning the boys didn't wake up until 8am and I slept so long my back hurts!!! hahahaha BUT I feel so rested it is nice. I am going to get a pedicure and a manicure today too YIPPEEEEE!!! I finally am off re-induction and I did great! I let myself have a spoonful of Peanut butter this morning to celebrate and it was SOOOOOO good!

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:13 PM   #5  

Help!
I am writing this directly from the inner sanctum of carbohydrate evil: yes, my kitchen. There was a bit of a party here last night, and on the counter alone are two baskets of cookies, another box of some kind of imported chocolate dipped cookie concontions, half an apple pie, a chocolate frosted pound cake, a bowl of popcorn, a bowl of chips, and some phylo wrapped potato pastry things. And that's not even getting into the stuff lurking in the fridge. (Brenda and Trazzie may have some inkling of what I'm talking about when I mention that my dad recieved 12 flavors of Kopps Custard for his birthday.) I didn't realize how easy I had it coming home at Passover last time. This is terrible! I haven't gone crazy on anything seriously bad, but last night in an effort to keep away from that cake I ate half a LC chocolate bar, a diet sprite, and way more cashews than I should have. The worst part is that I know I'm going to have to get used to this because I'll be here all summer. So I'm just going to have to deal with it. I'm stronger and smarter than a chocolate frosted pound cake, and pretty sure I could take it in a fight if I had to. Please send all extraneous willpower in my direction.

Leenie- Enjoy your warm weather.

Brenda- What a great attitude! So much better to focus on how you feel than the numbers on the scale.

Trazzie- Bodies are crazy things, they just don't get what's going on. Eh, but who can blame them, evolving durring famines, getting chased by lions and whatnot. Give it time.

TG- Congratulations on completeing re-induction!

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend as well.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:14 PM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

YOU CAN DO IT ABBIE!!!! You are waaaaay smarter than that dang pound cake! I am sure in a fight you could take it too! Sometimes it helps to sit down and write out your goals in a time like this,
Old 05-01-2004, 09:07 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Abbie: You can do it! Keep those fists up and continue to give a clean fight. Keep the gloves clean and you'll never touch that stuff

TG: Glad you got some rest. It sure helps on the outlook of things doesn't it? Enjoy your weekend!

Trazzie: Keep up the good luck. Let us know when the whoosh fairy hits!!

Ok. I've discovered I have zero self control at my parents house. I now can not eat dinner/supper over there. Supper actually was fine. I should have left DIRECTYL after that. Then I wouldn't have scarfed down that 1 1/2 pieces of RASPBERRY PIE. Well, it was more like "cake". She makes it in a cake pan and it was a cake sized piece. UGH! Why'd I do that? Ok. So now I have to figure out.....Do I want strict induction to set myself back in place or do I go for the more relaxed version (where I can have my pistacchios). We DID walk afterwards though (told them either we did the WATP tape or we went outside and walked. So there's a mile for me on the equator trek for May) so I'm hoping not too much damage is done. I need to get back in the serious mode of keeping focus. I let myself slack too much cuz I'm pleased w/the results so far. But that slacking will just land me back in those size 14 jeans (argued w/my rail thin sis about self control, etc). So I've got to rein myself in
Old 05-01-2004, 10:59 PM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Brenda, this cheat was good in one way, you are recognizing the need for change and trying to figure out which coarse of action would be best! GREAT JOB!! That is alot better than just cheating and then saying you cheated, learn from your patterns. (sorry to sound like Dr. Phil )
Old 05-02-2004, 01:48 AM   #9  

Erg, I am so frustrated with myself. I wasn't even home most of the day and I've still gone way over. I don't even want to add it all up. I ate another 1/3 of a low carb chocolate bar, 2 oz of cashews, and a sugar free jello, not to mention a few extra oz of cheese. And the pound cake is still calling my name! Brenda, I know exactly what you're going through. I hate not feeling in control of what I'm eating, and that's the exact state my parents house puts me in. I should probably just go to bed. Thank you all for all the words of encouragement. For my next feat of super-human strength I will attempt to get all the way up the stairs with out opening up the fridge, which seems to be pyscho-magnetically drawing me to it.
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

TG: Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement. I've not figured out any strategy on how to stay true at my parents house. But I admit I'm a little wiser!! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Abbie: Sorry to hear about your trials also. If we can get through this we'll manage to get through ANYthing don't ya think? Now's the time to come up with a plan of attack. Maybe make some low-carb treats IF we feel like we need to "cheat"??

I've still no clue where I'm going from here. Not strict induction I don't think. I've not managed to stay on that for longer than 3 days anyway. So I've got to figure out what meal planning I can do. Maybe induction but not so strict (which is back to where I was before).